Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is such a nostalgia play. And its damn working. You've got almost the same sound effects it seems. The gameplay is EQ and I'm fucking loving it. Now if they'd only hire some artists and pretty this up, we'd have a bonafide mmorpg to anticipate.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is such a nostalgia play. And its damn working. You've got almost the same sound effects it seems. The gameplay is EQ and I'm fucking loving it. Now if they'd only hire some artists and pretty this up, we'd have a bonafide mmorpg to anticipate.
The buff sound is literally identical to EQ and the ding sound at level up is the same but they 'enhanced' it a bit. The con system was word for word for at least some of the cons. Their combat sounds lack the punch of EQ and their spell effect sounds aren't bad but need work. EQ had fantastic environment/ambient sounds/music. I didn't get to hear enough of Pantheon's to get a feel for theirs.

It's been said before and it's really no secret-- one of the reasons EQ felt good to play was the tactile connection the player felt with his/her character and the world. That feeling was caused largely by the animations/sound effects/particle effects. Not to mention how responsive the game world was the the actions of your character.

That was one of VGs big problems. The game world was not responsive enough to player interaction. There was a disconnect there that caused a loss of that tactile sense.
The game world was not responsive enough to player interaction.

Anyway, I was really happy to see how the mobs took damage in pantheon. I liked how mob health bars reacted almost instantly to PC damage. I also liked how there was a brief red bar after damage was dealt, allowing you to see the extent of your damage.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, as I watch through this twitch video I'm thinking this is exactly what a lot of us have been clamoring for. Just an updated Everquest. Not a lot more, just some sprucing up, improve the tech, increase the production value, and add some modern mmorpg conveniences, while retaining the core gameplay of EQ. This group dynamic is making me so damn happy. Playing mmos these days just involve myself clicking buttons, hardly worrying about whats actually happening onscreen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I noticed in the video while quickly jumping around that they have a Manifistation skill. Manfisting seems like quite an interesting new concept to explore in a mmo.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
At what time is the train?
There is one that Aradune pulls at the orcs early on but doesn't kill anyone (other than himself) with. There's a pretty funny unexpected one at the end, after the demo while the characters are standing around at bind point answering questions. That, more than anything else, reminded me of EQ

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's all I could think

But then again we're talking about people that are still holding onto EQ1
Didn't watch the stream but read many of the comments here and just that has me intrigued. Black Desert has many throwback game mechanics that remind me of EQ and I love it. There is a market for this kind of game, even if the new "twitter kids" don't get it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Didn't watch the stream but read many of the comments here and just that has me intrigued. Black Desert has many throwback game mechanics that remind me of EQ and I love it. There is a market for this kind of game, even if the new "twitter kids" don't get it.
BDO once again proved what Blizzard has failed to grasp about most players is that you don't need to remove all nuance and challenge in gameplay for them in order to have a good game.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Watched 30 mins of the stream and am positively surprised. State of the game atm is basic EQ with modern graphics. Which is a really good starting point. Combat/engine seem to work quite good which is also very important. The foundation is there, now they have to work on making Pantheon out of this EQ-clone
wink.png

I guess alpha access for paying players will be autum/winter 2016. That would also be a good time to do another crowdfunding campaign...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Manfisting seems like quite an interesting new concept to explore in a mmo.
Brad is also quite serious in his dedication to new converts to Pantheonism. "I do customer service right!" says Aradune as he puts a new 'mozz stick' in his mouth.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Yeah, as I watch through this twitch video I'm thinking this is exactly what a lot of us have been clamoring for. Just an updated Everquest. Not a lot more, just some sprucing up, improve the tech, increase the production value, and add some modern mmorpg conveniences, while retaining the core gameplay of EQ. This group dynamic is making me so damn happy. Playing mmos these days just involve myself clicking buttons, hardly worrying about whats actually happening onscreen.
This is the way I feel. I don't want another button-mashing game. This looked almost EXACTLY what I'd want in an updated EQ. Keep the group dynamic of the old days, and make it look modern and run fluid with a great UI.

I'm hopping on the hype train.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't get to watch the stream until this morning, but I was very happy with the smoothness of gameplay shown. The combat animations were still simplistic, but far better than the streams from a year ago. They have a long way to go still with character/gear models, but its a start. Particle effects were much better for some spells than others, but the flame based ones seemed pretty nice. Grouping and combat seemed pretty fluid to me, and that corpse camping train at the end was a nice way to close out the stream.

Its also nice to see a lot of people here giving it some positive feedback. Goes to show that the team has been making steady progress and their statements over the last year have apparently been truthful. I bet the game sees a nice bump in supporters after that stream.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched 30 mins of the stream and am positively surprised. State of the game atm is basic EQ with modern graphics. Which is a really good starting point. Combat/engine seem to work quite good which is also very important. The foundation is there, now they have to work on making Pantheon out of this EQ-clone
wink.png

I guess alpha access for paying players will be autum/winter 2016. That would also be a good time to do another crowdfunding campaign...
Exactly, lots of potential here and just seeing the train at the end made me happy.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
And if they've been able to turn Bisi around so he now supports it, then I'm impressed.

"Shut up and take my money."