Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And if they've been able to turn Bisi around so he now supports it, then I'm impressed.

"Shut up and take my money."
Bisi has always supported it. It might have been bringing humor to a thread with very little to be happy about, but it was still support. Watch his Soy-dollar in action, and hope for more excellent videos.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have any of you pledged?

These guys have worked hard, I don't know where they are with money but I hope they get what they need to fill out their team and put that part of the process behind them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In terms of the EQ sounds, visuals ,etc. (yes I noticed some game items that looked almost identical) does Brad need any permission from Daybreak? Does he already have some creative rights? or does it matter?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In terms of the EQ sounds, visuals ,etc. (yes I noticed some game items that looked almost identical) does Brad need any permission from Daybreak? Does he already have some creative rights? or does it matter?
I don't think it matters..

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have any of you pledged?

These guys have worked hard, I don't know where they are with money but I hope they get what they need to fill out their team and put that part of the process behind them.
Id pledge if they had something that gives the game for around 40 bucks and beta.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have any of you pledged?

Stop It. Seriously. Don't try and turn this thread into a pledge drive.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop It. Seriously. Don't try and turn this thread into a pledge drive.
relax tiger, nobody is trying to turn this into a pledge drive and I'm glad you think my words are so moving that people would pledge! You don't need to defend this place from something like that, we are all pretty savy by now.. I'm just genuinely curious how many people from here pledged based on that twitch last night.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
(Considering its pre-pre-Alpha)

Positives
  • It exists
  • Brad has stuck to his vision?
  • For a lot of us, its EXACTLY the kind of game we wanted
  • Gets bonus points for "The DING"
  • They appear to be on schedule
  • TRAINS
  • heal/spell aggro
  • Medding
  • Unique animations (thought the loot animation was cool)
  • It looks FUN!
  • Clean, organized UI(See the insanity EQ2 was)
  • Spell book

Negatives
  • Disappointed with graphics. Thought the Unity engine was capable of much better graphics
  • Variety of mobs (again, duh, its pre-Alpha)

Really it looks really solid for the stage its in and the amount of money they are working with. Its a shame EQN wasted millions of dollars on vaporware. Would have loved to see what Brad could have produced with the same team and budget that ponytail was given.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
relax tiger, nobody is trying to turn this into a pledge drive and I'm glad you think my words are so moving that people would pledge! You don't need to defend this place from something like that, we are all pretty savy by now.. I'm just genuinely curious how many people from here pledged based on that twitch last night.
Yeah. "Genuinely curious." Got it.

If people want to donate to dubious business ventures, that's their business. I just don't want to have to sift through a bunch of panhandling and sales pitches when I come to this thread for news or Bisi gifs. You're right, most of us know better- so don't go fishing here for funds. That's all I'm asking. Thanks.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
When it comes to pledges and money, I am the sucker for all suckers.

That being said, I would pledge the $500 I originally wanted to give way back in KS if the initial fuck up didn't leave suck a bad taste.

So I guess it's wait and see....

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. "Genuinely curious." Got it.

If people want to donate to dubious business ventures, that's their business. I just don't want to have to sift through a bunch of panhandling and sales pitches when I come to this thread for news or Bisi gifs. You're right, most of us know better- so don't go fishing here for funds. That's all I'm asking. Thanks.
haha fuck off. I've stood in the fire for a good year here. If I want to post something. I will.

I've said that in prior post about this team and I'll continue to say it. If you like this type of game, support them. It doesn't even need to be with your wallet.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(Considering its pre-pre-Alpha)

Positives
  • It exists
  • Brad has stuck to his vision?
  • For a lot of us, its EXACTLY the kind of game we wanted
  • Gets bonus points for "The DING"
  • They appear to be on schedule
  • TRAINS
  • heal/spell aggro
  • Medding
  • Unique animations (thought the loot animation was cool)
  • It looks FUN!
  • Clean, organized UI(See the insanity EQ2 was)
  • Spell book

Negatives
  • Disappointed with graphics. Thought the Unity engine was capable of much better graphics
  • Variety of mobs (again, duh, its pre-Alpha)

Really it looks really solid for the stage its in and the amount of money they are working with. Its a shame EQN wasted millions of dollars on vaporware. Would have loved to see what Brad could have produced with the same team and budget that ponytail was given.
I wouldn't write the graphics off. It was a low Rez video from what I understand.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I will pledge money when I see it on the store shelf. til then eqemu and eq itself are still free if I want nostalgia

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I will pledge when they show off meaningful loots that could last for a long time and end game raiding. I am still skeptical about how Unity engine can handle mutiple guilds raiding in the same area (since I assume most zones will be non-instanced).

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
That's why I am skeptical. Imagine 100 players in the same area within a zone, casting spells etc. How well can Unity engine handle it? I personally have zero tolerance on lag spikes on 2016.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I have no pledge yet, but did debate it. In the end I landed on not now. So far they have showed that they have a concept I desperately want when compared to what is available now. This is great, but then you also need to consider their history which makes me more cautious. I am not sure if that is fair or not, especially because they are checking all my boxes with that demo, but it is what it is. They said they have more to show coming soon so that will help sway me. That said, if they keep progress up and are able to show some good progress going into actual alpha, that's probably when I would support them. I will say those nostalgic moments (train, inventory screen, spellbook, medding, ding sound, buff sound) all took me to my happy place and made it hard to rationally think about this as opposed to pledging instantly. I am happily optimistic and hope I can support them sooner rather than later.