Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

You are comparing a game built for grouping to a game built as a solo quest game. The better example would be comparing WoW 5-man dungeons to EQ.

No both games are built for solo, grouping, and raiding. And WoW 5 man dungeons are incredibly easy.

I like to poke my head in here every once and awhile just to say hi.

Almost time for another kickstarter!
Convo, keep the faith brother.

I think they would have done another Kickstarter by now if they didn't already have funding. They said somewhere that they have a private investor so maybe that is enough.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
No both games are built for solo, grouping, and raiding. And WoW 5 man dungeons are incredibly easy.

I think they would have done another Kickstarter by now if they didn't already have funding. They said somewhere that they have a private investor so maybe that is enough.

Meh. Let's see you do all of those solo. Then we'll see how easy they are. Until then, fuck off.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My memory of playing solo as any melee 30+ without a fungi was pretty much anything you could kill gave such awful exp it wasn't worth killing. I definitely remember logging in with my 36 Monk and getting like 8 kills solo in my whole session before I had to log out. Between slow kills and bind wound it totally sucked.

In 2000 Bard was where it was at. Too young for arthritis and mass kiting wasn't nerfed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
With the right gear Warriors could start soloing a little again at 50+. That axe that procs Invoke Fear along with the Snare whip... Couple Blood Points... It was messy doable.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Managed to joust mobs down with iksar regen bp + 37/48 kunark axe (polyphenom axe) on warrior twink from 51-55

Never doubt a regen item, big 2h and good old fashioned jboots

By then I couldn't tell enough ppl to fuck off for seb/velk groups and I was grinding AAs aoe'ing fungus grove on my main instead of playin alt.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
With the right gear Warriors could start soloing a little again at 50+. That axe that procs Invoke Fear along with the Snare whip... Couple Blood Points... It was messy doable.

I'd swap between willsapper, primal, and bloodpoint. It was still shit, but I was able to kill spiders in velks somewhat effectively while waiting for a group.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Scimitar of Life Stealing from VP was sweet for warrior solo too, tho I was never leet enough to own one.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
grinding AAs aoe'ing fungus grove on my main instead of playin alt.

Man, pre-nerf fungy grove was fucking ridic. So much mad went down in that zone.

I'd have to train the fuck out of it every now and then to cleanse the plebes.

kudos

<Banned>
I was soloing in full cobalt + wurmslayer / lammy on my warrior twink in LOIO during Kunark. Was SLOW.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For the longest time, the assumed survival rule of a rogue trying to solo something was "Does it give EXP? You're probably going to die. Pray your low-skill-cap Intimidate works!"

Smoothed out in Velious with raid gear. I could finally kill the lowest con blues solo and consistently survive, whee!

Shit like that led to the arse-backwards balancing discussions where the rogue class successfully argued that it deserved highest DPS in raids because it was buggered elsewhere.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
lol at vhalen.

he shits on brad, his wife shits on brad, than a year or two later posts to facebook tagging brad with a member berry.

lol

7s10U30.jpg

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's because Tony is a very soft spoken guy, I never heard him say a bad thing about anybody. I also don't remember you Tyen in any of the Teamspeak chats with the devs; Brad, Vu, Vhalen, Silius, and a few others would have a kind of Q&A every week in Teamspeak right after the Kickstarter failed and they started their own crowdfunding site. Silius was the one that broke the news that Brad had taken $45,000 of the crowdfunding money off the top. Vhalen and a few others answered questions in the days following while Brad was nowhere to be seen, even then he wasn't trashing Brad.

I also notice no one ever talks about Vu. Vu designed dungeons like Sebilis in EQ and was designing the first dungeon in Patheon. He was extremely pissed and actually was trashing Brad, but faggots like Tyen won't ever mention that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tony and Vu have always been aces. Even after things went south, I know they were still available to the current team. I'd personally be happy to see those 2 back on this project In time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user