Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nice one. I guess by those standards games like Project Copernicus and EQ Nex..... aww WTF nevermind,

Carry on.
Meh. The public weren't playing those games and they had big publishers and huge budgets to wrangle.

Lol! A game! He called it a game! Maybe I will go play Black Desert, or one of the million other games, since, you know, they're actually real fucking games...
Yeah why don't you? There are already a bunch of games just like that if your standards are low enough.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice one. I guess by those standards games like Project Copernicus and EQ Nex..... aww WTF nevermind,

Carry on.

To be accurate, we've never seen a game footage of Project Copernicus and we did see over two hours of Pantheon group play which way more than what we've seen from EQ Next retarded presentation.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Meh. The public weren't playing those games and they had big publishers and huge budgets to wrangle.
The public isn't playing Pantheon either, just a couple of friends and bloggers.

To be accurate, we've never seen a game footage of Project Copernicus and we did see over two hours of Pantheon group play which way more than what we've seen from EQ Next retarded presentation.
True, but EQN did have an internal playtest which Elidroth was part of and commented a little about (meaning there was a playable build), i will take his comments at face value.

If you think Pantheon is vapor you are retarded, it is simple as that. The twitch stream was like 2 hours of them playing the game and there are people from the public in there, doing alpha stuff. You should be talking about how long it will take them to finish all the rest of the content and whether there will be enough of it and it be fun enough to entertain people for months. Not lul diz gaem wil nevor make it.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
If you think Pantheon is vapor you are retarded, it is simple as that. The twitch stream was like 2 hours of them playing the game and there are people from the public in there, doing alpha stuff. You should be talking about how long it will take them to finish all the rest of the content and whether there will be enough of it and it be fun enough to entertain people for months. Not lul diz gaem wil nevor make it.
That was friends and bloggers, which they stated. I have pre-alpha access and i can tell you that it's not open to the public, it was by special invitation only. They have had a playable demo for well over a year or so, back when Kyndred was the CM and fuzzy troll was running the shitshow, and yes, it's vaporware until it's release because that's the general definition of vaporware. Do i think Brad has no intent to finish it? No, but there are enough obstacles in his way that it's safe to say it is risky.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe the question is not IF they are going to release Pantheon but HOW are they going to release Pantheon. I was a skeptic before and I never would have guess this shit-storm would emerge to deliver anything but after watching the two streams, I was surprised. This is coming after watching Titan and EQ next getting canceled and this guy comes out of no where with a playable game (I honestly thought the whole project just died). The stream had a complete combat system and NPC AI including aggro, damage, healing, spells, skills...etc. I honestly would have never thought they'd make anything playable, fuck all the buzz words and shit and who cares if they're using Unity stock assist I don't give a rats ass. I care for the core of the game, combat... and what I saw was good enough for me because this is the kind of game I'd love to play. We live in a time where releasing games is not that hard guys; the question is are they going to half ass it with shitty content and call it a day or are they going to nail it and wow us all with a game experience that makes us lose our social life again like we did in 1999?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I believe the question is not IF they are going to release Pantheon but HOW are they going to release Pantheon. I was a skeptic before and I never would have guess this shit-storm would emerge to deliver anything but after watching the two streams, I was surprised. This is coming after watching Titan and EQ next getting canceled and this guy comes out of no where with a playable game (I honestly thought the whole project just died). The stream had a complete combat system and NPC AI including aggro, damage, healing, spells, skills...etc. I honestly would have never thought they'd make anything playable, fuck all the buzz words and shit and who cares if they're using Unity stock assist I don't give a rats ass. I care for the core of the game, combat... and what I saw was good enough for me because this is the kind of game I'd love to play. We live in a time where releasing games is not that hard guys; the question is are they going to half ass it with shitty content and call it a day or are they going to nail it and wow us all with a game experience that makes us lose our social life again like we did in 1999?
What? What they showed could be created by a half competent team in a few weeks if the goal was just to show literal shit

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow.
Pantheon is the definition of Vaporware.

va·por·ware
ˈvāpərˌwer/
noun
COMPUTINGinformal
  1. software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.
There are a million reasons this might not hit market. I won't go through them because I feel you just won't get it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? What they showed could be created by a half competent team in a few weeks if the goal was just to show literal shit

I think the goalpost is always going to be moved in this regard. What's enough for one isn't enough for others. There are plenty of skeptics, which to be honest, is fair and actually needed, especially when it gets into testing and you need people who can be critical in their feedback. It really comes down to if you think this team is capable or not, some do and others need more proof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Some projects have 100 million in them or more and they are just as likely to not make it out or suck. Surprised Pantheon has made it this far really.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow.
Pantheon is the definition of Vaporware.

va·por·ware
ˈvāpərˌwer/
noun
COMPUTINGinformal
  1. software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.
There are a million reasons this might not hit market. I won't go through them because I feel you just won't get it.

That's a terrible definition. By that definition, virtually every game made in recent history was vaporware at some point. If that's the case, calling a game vaporware means nothing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider

Yeah, I think I understand what you're trying to say. You're trying to say Brad and his team wants to steal our money so they create a demo stream solely to lure people to chip in and steal their money. They have no intention, whatsoever, to make an MMO.
Or are you trying to say Brad is sincerely trying to make an MMO but won't be able to deliver? Just like EQ Next / Project Titan / Project Copernicus.

Either way, I am now betting that Pantheon is going to be launched.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I think I understand what you're trying to say. You're trying to say Brad and his team wants to steal our money so they create a demo stream solely to lure people to chip in and steal their money. They have no intention, whatsoever, to make an MMO.
Or are you trying to say Brad is sincerely trying to make an MMO but won't be able to deliver? Just like EQ Next / Project Titan / Project Copernicus.

I seriously doubt that many people believe that Brad is trying to lure people in to steal their money, if he was then he is pretty fucking incompetent at it; he could be milking a lot more out of their site. Whether he can deliver is the real question.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I think what most people believe is that what they're trying to accomplish is beyond their scope or capability. They don't have the funds or resources it takes to get a fully fleshed MMO to market. It just takes too much money and too much man power to do it with a skeleton crew. Now, if they're just trying to finish a playable demo to then ship the game to a bigger studio, then that could possibly happen. But if you're waiting for this small crew to actually finish this MMO, you're going to be waiting for another 3 or 4 years, and I doubt that the game that they wind up with will be anything close to what people would want to play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
That's a terrible definition. By that definition, virtually every game made in recent history was vaporware at some point. If that's the case, calling a game vaporware means nothing.
No it's not a terrible definition unless your personal version of the definition includes the added caveat that the developer never intended to release their title; i.e. that there is some form of intentional fraud going on. However, in common usage it seems like more people hold to the more generic version of definition, of development that just keeps on going with little development info being released. But yes, by the way most people seem to use it, calling a game vaporware means nothing.

Last edited:

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The same exact statement could have and probably was said back in the mid 90s to the 989/Verant team. Had they listened, EQ as we know it may never have been born.

I understand the skepticism when it comes to Brad because of his previous mistakes and failures but for people to make any claims about this dev team's capabilities when so little of the team and this game is known/publicized is just simple speculation.

I remain hopeful they can pull it off for a variety of reasons. They have more experience and better tools as well as a clearer vision of what they want to make this time around. I also believe the pressure is somewhat off for them to make a "blockbuster" MMO too, which definitely wasn't the case for Vanguard.

Now that last part may ultimately hinder their chances of investor funding but I guess time will tell.

If I'm going simply by what has already been shown in playable form and knew nothing else, I see little reason to think the game will take another 3-4 years to launch. My shot-in-the-dark guess would be early 2018, depending on how much content they plan to release at launch.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff

No, because we aren't unemployed 16-year-olds anymore.

Tit's vaporware until it's release because that's the general definition of vaporware.
No that is just a game in development. And it hasn't even been that long. You are all retards, we have been over this before. Also Star Citizen is going to release too. And when both games are out I'm going to search for every post from every one of you tards who said they will never release, and quote them constantly.