Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yes, the itch is back and eq progression has just about worn out it’s welcome.

I just want to login 2 hours a night and gimp around exploring and getting some leets; talking about the grass pixels and whether or not it’s ok to sleep with a halfling.

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Lol. Right, they ran it for 10 years just so they could throw money away. Lol, you people really do need to take some basic business classes.
IIRC, Vanguard was in fact losing money, at least later on in its life. The main reason it was finally shutdown is because there were security changes happening that required library upgrades for all of SOE's games and it wasn't worth the cost of a dev's time to make those changes for Vanguard (I think that might've been the case for EQMac as well but it's been a while).

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
it looks so much like vanguard, even down to the font they use on the overhead names and fighting stiffness, haha

"pantheon in 2018, pogchamp"

Last edited:

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I have to laugh at some of the comments, it's as if you don't use a hand crank to power up your generator, mailorder your corpse run you arent hardcore enough. haha

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
The animations are stiff as fuck, does not look good. The longer i look the more i notice. And repetitive.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously brown is key. You can't spell Brown without Own.

See: Even my post ratings are brown.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
haha i made that same comment in the cohh chat. RIP. got attacked from all angles haha-

Be warned. Don't give critic. They'll jump ya with. "it's pre alpha". The answer for everything.

stereo

Golden Knight of the Realm
The pre-alpha disclaimer is a little disingenuous at this point as this game has been in development for 5 years.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I get this feeling, if money wasn't an issue the devs would flat out say. This is an elitist game, noobs are not welcome. We want to make you suffer, git gud. Etc. But since they are out to make money they tread lightly. But make no mistake. There is this feeling to it with their wording. When asked if solo is possible it's like "weeeelll, it will be, maybe, you might, slightly kill somethings" Not that I mind, but its very cloak and daggers

stereo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I also fear they are getting too far into the weeds with gimmicky systems. Just make the core game solid and combat enjoyable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user