Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That map is absolutely horrid. But I have a huge interest in world building. Id love to be a part of the team thats just told the theme/lore and you get to paint and or design the world in your eyes.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That map is absolutely horrid. But I have a huge interest in world building. Id love to be a part of the team thats just told the theme/lore and you get to paint and or design the world in your eyes.

Good because Brad's original map needed a lot of work and interpretation to get to that point alone. A bit pissed they dropped Dragons from their title.

4204709-terrenos+map.jpg

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
I like those March newsletter screenshots. They look a bit less 2003.

Hope the entire world gets that treatment, because it was looking real stiff and blocky there for a while. Generic.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like those March newsletter screenshots. They look a bit less 2003.

Hope the entire world gets that treatment, because it was looking real stiff and blocky there for a while. Generic.

Its been a while ago now, but they brought on some guy that revamped the shading, lighting etc. for the world. I think it was the area called throne fast or the area right before throne fast. But the before and after pictures were drastically different, and for the better. You just had to sit through an ultra boring stream to see the difference.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its all about that gameplay for me, graphics and all the pretty shit is all secondary.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Have no idea why people dislike this thread - If this game is in anyway a success this thread will be the ultimate compendium of Pantheon's development. Anyone even remotely considering developing an mmo should read this thread to avoid the main pitfalls of such an undertaking.

fallen.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Have no idea why people dislike this thread - If this game is in anyway a success this thread will be the ultimate compendium of Pantheon's development. Anyone even remotely considering developing an mmo should read this thread to avoid the main pitfalls of such an undertaking.

View attachment 162999

Some hero needs to go through this thread and pick out the pages with all the key moments and make a click able contents list. I've no idea if this will be good, or even release but I've had a few lolathons reading this since 2013.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, I'd fire most of the VG team in a parking lot too. The class design guy can stay.

SOE itself could have used a few good rounds of parking lot firings a decade ago.

what about the dungeon designer?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like those screenshots. The environment looks very nice. I'm back in for a dollar.

• 1Worf

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Talisker & Avair designed and redesigned a huge chunk of the Vanguard classes and both of them came from Everquest. A huge part IMO of the fun of those classes is that they listened directly to the community via players who were "Class Leads" and via extensive testing with those leads. I haven't seen another game personally with classes like Bloodmages (DPS Healers) and Disciples (DPS Healers + buffers) which were so original and different.

I see people from the VG team for example like Ceythos who were really cool guys to talk to back then when they were just GM's and starting to be Devs. Having people who have been through the struggle like these EQ and Vanguard Devs if anything makes them imo more aware of past mistakes and lets them bring the experience they gained making Vanguard playable and fun into a new game from a shit pile when it released. Its not like every single person who works for Pantheon smoked GD Oxy's, it was one person.

I'd rather have someone on my team whose been into the trenches and conquered adversity versus someone whose only dealt with perfect scenarios and rainbows.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Vanguard probably had the best class design of any game I've played. A lot of other stuff in the game was terrible, sure. Korrupt Korrupt is right though, having people that have failed (epicly in Brad's case to be fair) is not necessarily a total negative. Granted Brad may tie us to the tracks and scuttle off into the sunset with an armload of cash like Snidely Whiplash, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I certainly won't pay them until I see reviews from credible sources.
snidely.gif

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As someone who loves entirely too many gear slots, having to gear up your lil undead buddy as a necromancer was great.

• 1Solidarity

Raign

Golden Squire
Looks like they are doing another live stream on Sunday:

We welcome back our friend @cohhcarnage to check out some of our latest updates with a fun stream so be sure to tune in on Sunday, 18th March at 11 am PDT to see what he thinks!

Find it on our official channel

or over on Cohh's channel

#PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I like what they have shown so far, but sweet hell they are glacial.. hopefully this shows something other than new grass and one of a half dozen starting cities full of grey box placeholders.