Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
2-3 non instanced raid mobs on a 3k player server sounds classic as fuck.

Flip that pvp switch on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Priests of Discord outside every raid zone.

"Oh did you forget your [book}?"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I truly believe grouping is at the heart of what makes MMO's successful. But, you cannot just force player interaction or believe that your players will see the value in grouping with "Class XYZ" just because. In EQ, there were some class abilities/spells that were so desirable, that they almost became a must or a foundation to start any group on. Why not apply this thinking to all classes and make it so everyone has an incentive to group with everyone else?

Every class should have signature Group Aura abilities that makes them desirable a group. These auras only become available once you are grouped. The toggle for which one you select has a 5 minute cooldown, but the ultimate goal is to make is fun(ner) to group with any other class. Multiple of the same aura's should stack, with diminishing returns. Every 10 levels, there should be a class progression quest to upgrade your aura to the next tier.

I will use EQ as an example. Each group member can select one of the following abilities:

Enchanter
-Group mana regen increase​
-Chance on being hit for the mob to be put into a slumber for 2 ticks​
Wizard
-Group spell damage increase​
-Ice shield aura that has chance upon being hit to root the attacker for 1-3 ticks and slows their attack speed​
Magician
-Group damage shield and increases resistance to Magic​
-Chance to crit direct-damage spells​
Necromancer
-Group damage over time damage buff and increases resistance to Disease + Poison​
-Melee proc, raises an undead companion that strikes your target for the duration of 1 tick until till it's bones shatter and return to the soil​

Bard
-Spell reflection, chance to have a negative effect spell reflected back to the caster​
-Group mana spell cost reduction​
Rogue
-Group attack rating buff, allowing group members to hit more frequently for higher amounts​
-Ability/spell cool-down reduction​
Ranger
-Group experience buff​
-Group melee evasion/avoidance aura​
Monk
-Group double/triple melee attack buffs​
-Chance to dual cast spells​
Beastlord
-Group companion attack speed, dmg proc, and regeneration buffs​
-Group health and mana regen​
Beserker
-Group agro reduction​
-Group agro enhancement​

Shadowknight
-Group lifesteal melee proc​
-Group chance to feign death when fatal damage received​
Paladin
-Group rune shield that replenishes every tick and blocks a lower amount of damage​
-Group rune shield that will block any amount of damage for 5 occurrences on a 2 minute recycle​
Warrior
-Group AC buff​
-Chance to channel through hits/bashes to cast spells/abilities​

Druid
-Group regeneration and increases resistance to Fire + Cold​
-Group melee proc, cast a snare that lasts 5 ticks​
Shaman
-Group melee haste that stacks with haste buffs​
-Health to mana conversion aura​
Cleric
-Group spell haste​
-Group melee proc, direct damage with mini-stun​

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
quote-if-i-have-to-move-up-in-a-building-i-choose-the-elevator-over-the-escalator-because-one-time-i-demetri-martin-120580.jpg

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I truly believe grouping is at the heart of what makes MMO's successful. But, you cannot just force player interaction or believe that your players will see the value in grouping with "Class XYZ" just because. In EQ, there were some class abilities/spells that were so desirable, that they almost became a must or a foundation to start any group on. Why not apply this thinking to all classes and make it so everyone has an incentive to group with everyone else?

Every class should have signature Group Aura abilities that makes them desirable a group. These auras only become available once you are grouped. The toggle for which one you select has a 5 minute cooldown, but the ultimate goal is to make is fun(ner) to group with any other class. Multiple of the same aura's should stack, with diminishing returns. Every 10 levels, there should be a class progression quest to upgrade your aura to the next tier.

I will use EQ as an example. Each group member can select one of the following abilities:

Enchanter
-Group mana regen increase​
-Chance on being hit for the mob to be put into a slumber for 2 ticks​
Wizard
-Group spell damage increase​
-Ice shield aura that has chance upon being hit to root the attacker for 1-3 ticks and slows their attack speed​
Magician
-Group damage shield and increases resistance to Magic​
-Chance to crit direct-damage spells​
Necromancer
-Group damage over time damage buff and increases resistance to Disease + Poison​
-Melee proc, raises an undead companion that strikes your target for the duration of 1 tick until till it's bones shatter and return to the soil​

Bard
-Spell reflection, chance to have a negative effect spell reflected back to the caster​
-Group mana spell cost reduction​
Rogue
-Group attack rating buff, allowing group members to hit more frequently for higher amounts​
-Ability/spell cool-down reduction​
Ranger
-Group experience buff​
-Group melee evasion/avoidance aura​
Monk
-Group double/triple melee attack buffs​
-Chance to dual cast spells​
Beastlord
-Group companion attack speed, dmg proc, and regeneration buffs​
-Group health and mana regen​
Beserker
-Group agro reduction​
-Group agro enhancement​

Shadowknight
-Group lifesteal melee proc​
-Group chance to feign death when fatal damage received​
Paladin
-Group rune shield that replenishes every tick and blocks a lower amount of damage​
-Group rune shield that will block any amount of damage for 5 occurrences on a 2 minute recycle​
Warrior
-Group AC buff​
-Chance to channel through hits/bashes to cast spells/abilities​

Druid
-Group regeneration and increases resistance to Fire + Cold​
-Group melee proc, cast a snare that lasts 5 ticks​
Shaman
-Group melee haste that stacks with haste buffs​
-Health to mana conversion aura​
Cleric
-Group spell haste​
-Group melee proc, direct damage with mini-stun​

Not sure how you think this will solve the problem. Youll still have an aura thats better for every given situation. Youll have XX popular streamer/youtube video/whatever that everybody learns the fight from and require the same aura. Sure you can do it with others but thats not how they learned and modern players wont take that chance. The path of least resistance will still always win.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing I can think of now when stepping onto escalators, is them opening up to devour you like human-wood-chippers. Thanks internet.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This game is way too quiet. It must be too far off to even hype. I hate the MMO market right now. Someone needs to come in and breath some life into this genre. I don't care if WoW has 10 million subs, everything is mediocre at best and can barely hold anyone's attention for more than 30 days. It ticks me off because I think everyone can find their corners and be successful if they're willing. I guess WoW set the bar of success and everyone wants to be rolling in so much money they sleep on it at night but gamers need niche games.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
This game is way to quiet. It must be too far off to even hype. I hate the MMO market right now. Someone needs to come in and breath some life into this genre. I don't care if WoW has 10 million subs, everything is mediocre at best and can barely hold anyone's attention for more than 30 days. It ticks me off because I think everyone can find their corners and be successful if they're willing. I guess WoW set the bar of success and everyone wants to be rolling in so much money they sleep on it at night but gamers need niche games.

Accurate. Come back in two years, we’ll be here.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I found out what the old fuzzy troll crew is up to these days.

• 1Like

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider

They kind of hyped up this lead animator guy in teasers leading up to the January newsletter. Does anyone here know if he matches the hype or not? Obviously the position is important and one of the more glaring deficiencies in the game currently, but I know fuckall about the intricacies of what separates one animator from the next.

• 1Like