Wait a minute! That's not Brad McQuaid!

That's old man Smokejumper!

VWE014p.png

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
After reading this months newsletter and Brad's recent posts on their forums, it's pretty obvious they are WAY behind schedule and not even willing to talk about pre-alpha, let alone alpha. Looks to me like they bit off more then they can chew and over promised on several fronts. The time tables they have given in the past, have always been more of a marketing tactic to encourage people to "hurry up and get in" before pre-alpha, alpha, etc. IMO. Starting to see ghosts of Vanguards development here... The Brad worship on their forums is mind boggling. I wouldn't call myself a hater, but I'm not going to ignore his past record either...

Alpha in 2019 looks almost out of the question at this point. Not sure I see much hope for this game right now. Their forums are basically dead. The streams have died off. Hard to see how they sustain what momentum they had. I guess if they actually go into Alpha with something that looks dramatically better then what we have seen so far, there is still a chance. /fingers crossed

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
After reading this months newsletter and Brad's recent posts on their forums, it's pretty obvious they are WAY behind schedule and not even willing to talk about pre-alpha, let alone alpha. Looks to me like they bit off more then they can chew and over promised on several fronts. The time tables they have given in the past, have always been more of a marketing tactic to encourage people to "hurry up and get in" before pre-alpha, alpha, etc. IMO. Starting to see ghosts of Vanguards development here... The Brad worship on their forums is mind boggling. I wouldn't call myself a hater, but I'm not going to ignore his past record either...

Alpha in 2019 looks almost out of the question at this point. Not sure I see much hope for this game right now. Their forums are basically dead. The streams have died off. Hard to see how they sustain what momentum they had. I guess if they actually go into Alpha with something that looks dramatically better then what we have seen so far, there is still a chance. /fingers crossed

1550709984508.gif

• 10Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 13 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

If only people had seen this coming.

• 10Worf
  • 6Like
Reactions: 15 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
The silence regarding Farthall since June was deafening to anyone with more than two dendrites, but the fanboys were all listening to Voices of Terminus on Auto-Reverse. :cool:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
From the Pantheon boards....

Mathir said:

Brad, are you guys still feeling pretty good about getting all three continents in prior to release? Is there any scenario you can see where the game might have to launch with just one or two of the continents finished?

Possibly. We may only need two. The sizes of these zones are huge. But maybe a continent feels to big and we want to do 4 smaller ones instead. And sure I'm always worried to an extent, hopefully a healthy one. The team is growing, the project is becoming more complex. There's a lot of vigilance needed. We need to be efficient and smart, not just work hard. But, overall, I feel very good about where we're at.

Not a good sign. Sounds like a lot of tempering of expectations to me...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I was a little surprised he actually answered that question. I think that's going to stir up some chatter for the next month. That being said, EQ didn't really need Odus. And Vanguard didn't really need Kojan. I hope they go the two large continent route and just drill down on making it fleshed out and functioning. Brad is basically going all in on this Project Faerthale thing, I'll wait and see how it shakes out later this year. They are literally touting it as the thing that will turn it around for Pantheon development.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I was a little surprised he actually answered that question. I think that's going to stir up some chatter for the next month. That being said, EQ didn't really need Odus. And Vanguard didn't really need Kojan. I hope they go the two large continent route and just drill down on making it fleshed out and functioning. Brad is basically going all in on this Project Faerthale thing, I'll wait and see how it shakes out later this year. They are literally touting it as the thing that will turn it around for Pantheon development.

Not sure why they are thinking about anything other than 1 flushed out continent at this point, I don't like the way it sounds because if you played vanguard you would know they could have launched with only Thestra or Qualia and been better off.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't care whether you love or hate Pantheon, but anyone who uses their free time to watch that Asmongold dude is a dork beyond measure. Would not donate $1.00 to him.

Never watched him, or anyone, play WoW, but watching him play Dark Souls 3 was pretty entertaining

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I was commenting on this the other day. Either they are absolutely horrible at generating hype or they have nothing to show off. Not to repeat myself but they either need to just put all the chips out on the table or start getting creative on maintain/generating more hype. I don't think it's looking very good either and that has nothing to do with the state of their game. Essentially they are going to force themselves into irrelevancy and it's hard to come out of that. Disasters are more marketable than stale mediocrity but here we are and I hate to see them come to the obvious realization that there's more to this than just the occasional update. I'm not doubting their work or minimizing the amount of work they have done or will do but they started with an uphill battle in terms of their player base.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They used up all their interest and good will on a failed Kickstarter and called in all the gaming journalism favors about 6 years to soon.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users