<Medals Crew>
mDjUQFRVSWymf4hxAIZQ_Mechanical_Bull_Toss.0.gif

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Argarth

On the verandah
For your consideration

LMAO. Didn't watch it, but the timeline shows 25 mins staring at grey boxes in the UI, and then 25 mins of talking heads. Not a single visual clue that there is a "game" to play.

Hard to believe, but I think they're actually going backwards...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Flicking through seems like they are adding camp fires which help mana/hp regen. Players can build a campfire to pull monsters to it. Sounds a bit stupid and a waste of development time if you ask me as that's going to get old very fast. They want monsters to be able to fight you while you are climbing, some stuff about the UI and some other boring shit.

Quick money beg at the end of the video.

Overall it seems like very little is being done at the moment.

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
I am curious if any of you folks with programming experience noticed any "fluff" in what Kyle was saying. The conversation they were having makes me feel like they are definitely making something.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I am curious if any of you folks with programming experience noticed any "fluff" in what Kyle was saying. The conversation they were having makes me feel like they are definitely making something.

Not a programmer but don't think there's much fluff, they are just recoding the existing networking for scalability and performance. Brad posted last year about what they were trying to achieve with the network stuff. It's the type of thing that's already in a bunch of mmos like GW2 etc. This is probably adding shitloads of actual time on the project as if they recode it then presumably a fair amount of other stuff has to be adjusted for it as it's fundamental to the entire game. Security is a concern with netcode as it's vulnerable to attack/exploitation and can lead to the database and infrastructure being compromised.

It's interesting to hear them harp on about how fast it is and how it can utilise all the throughput on a network card without using any cpu clocks, not very impressive really, that's just fluff.

Someone with more knowledge can probably tell you more, I'm pretty much a spastic when it comes to coding.

We have ingenious network code. You could be in a typical location with good framerate but then round a corner and encounter a guild meeting. Perhaps an in-game wedding! If you’ve selected to maintain your framerate, the more complex objects will simplify as necessary, including other characters. Or choose to always show the game at maximum fidelity and your framerate may indeed go down. The choice is yours. But the point is that Pantheon scales and doesn’t require an expensive gaming rig. We want YOU to be able to play the way you want to.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every stream for the past 4 months has just been a rehash of the same thing. Codex/UI or shaman. Blehhh.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
LMAO. Didn't watch it, but the timeline shows 25 mins staring at grey boxes in the UI, and then 25 mins of talking heads. Not a single visual clue that there is a "game" to play.

Hard to believe, but I think they're actually going backwards...

You mean, they're actually fixing the fuckups of Brad?

*gasp* NO WAI!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denaut

Trump's Staff
We have ingenious network code. You could be in a typical location with good framerate but then round a corner and encounter a guild meeting. Perhaps an in-game wedding! If you’ve selected to maintain your framerate, the more complex objects will simplify as necessary, including other characters. Or choose to always show the game at maximum fidelity and your framerate may indeed go down. The choice is yours. But the point is that Pantheon scales and doesn’t require an expensive gaming rig. We want YOU to be able to play the way you want to.

What he is describing has almost nothing to do with netcode, that is all about how the client handles rendering (draw calls, memory allocation, addressing objects, etc).