Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whats the TLDR of the stream from tonight I don't want to watch it :)

Well, I only watched pieces, but the entire video was a greybox scene... I'm not sure how that's going forward when Thronefast previously looked visually complete.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Well, I only watched pieces, but the entire video was a greybox scene... I'm not sure how that's going forward when Thronefast previously looked visually complete.

I thought that myself, they've been showing this couple of zones on stream for months in areas that look reasonably complete. Why couldn't they just show the new stuff in that zone? Why this shitty ass incomplete area used for it? It's pretty obvious that the complete area's aren't complete at all.

The combat looked shit, even though it's a bit like EQ I doubt many people will be gasping in joy at the prospect of spending 3 mins killing a fucking snake again. When the reality of that kicks in again most peoples rose-tinted view of this will sour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
They wanted to set expectations for what people will be asked to do in their limited playtime for the PA5 Shake Out, which is basically the newbie experience for a few hours. They showed the Human Shaman starting area, the Human Dire Lord obviously started somewhere else. Right now, those are the only two classes implemented. To that end, I think we all know now that there's not going to be anything of note to come from his test next weekend, its basically to pound the log-in servers and swamp the newbie zone for technical data.

Basically this entire advertised event next weekend is a big nothing burger. We'll see when they actually do the full PA5, maybe then we can actually see what they've been doing for two years.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I thought that myself, they've been showing this couple of zones on stream for months in areas that look reasonably complete. Why couldn't they just show the new stuff in that zone? Why this shitty ass incomplete area used for it? It's pretty obvious that the complete area's aren't complete at all.

The combat looked shit, even though it's a bit like EQ I doubt many people will be gasping in joy at the prospect of spending 3 mins killing a fucking snake again. When the reality of that kicks in again most peoples rose-tinted view of this will sour.
I really dont understand how you can say that about the combat and no one wanting to replay it now days, I mean every single TLP server EQ has put out has been flooded.
Anywho

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really dont understand how you can say that about the combat and no one wanting to replay it now days, I mean every single TLP server EQ has put out has been flooded.
Anywho

If that was something I saw after 6-12 months I would be hopeful. But it isn’t so I’m not.

• 1Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
If that was something I saw after 6-12 months I would be hopeful. But it isn’t so I’m not.

I can understand you shitting on Pantheon, hell Ive even kind of given up hope (but god damn it im an optimist). I just dont understand people claiming EQ style combat is not desired now days when clearly there is a market for it, as shown by the TLP success.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can understand you shitting on Pantheon, hell Ive even kind of given up hope (but god damn it im an optimist). I just dont understand people claiming EQ style combat is not desired now days when clearly there is a market for it, as shown by the TLP success.

Im not claiming that. The desire for a slower paced game is out there for sure. This project is just a snails paced pile of shit. It’s been like seven years and they have TWO classes implemented, have shown like 2 or 3 zones. 90% of that video is a chessboard texture. They’ve wasted so much time and money. They’re just spinning in circles and accomplishing so little.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Im not claiming that. The desire for a slower paced game is out there for sure. This project is just a snails paced pile of shit. It’s been like seven years and they have TWO classes implemented, have shown like 2 or 3 zones. 90% of that video is a chessboard texture. They’ve wasted so much time and money. They’re just spinning in circles and accomplishing so little.

Yeah, it was Dizzie that was crying about the EQ style combat. Sorry for the confusion.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You know what else there's a market for? Slide rules.

Generally speaking, if I were to say that slide rules 'aren't desired', I would also assume that people are smart enough to get what I'm saying without having to make airplane noises while spoonfeeding concepts to them. I'm sure there's a handful of people out there who collect sliderules or still use them, but to the overwhelming majority of the rest of the earth, they're completely undesirable.

Anyone who thinks that TLP is proof that there's enough demand to warrant dumping money into a 1st gen MMO blackhole is fucking delusional.

Some of you people have been arguing for years that there's a metric fuckton of demand for Pantheon, yet the fucking game only got a trickle of public funding. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I don't know why really, but I watched that shakeout video right to the end, partially in disbelief. I could have been listening to a bunch of guys from 20 years ago, talking as if they were in the midst of creating the very first 3D MMO. It was uncanny really, and reading many of the YT comments was even more disturbing. The faithful are just like flat-earthers (I've met and spoken to a couple of really serious evangelists through work), and the level of detachment from reality and any form of critical thinking, seems similarly complete.

I have no interest in the game, so I guess it's easy for me to say these things, but I'm really not trying to be a prick about it. It genuinely perplexes me.

• 1Solidarity

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
You know what else there's a market for? Slide rules.

Generally speaking, if I were to say that slide rules 'aren't desired', I would also assume that people are smart enough to get what I'm saying without having to make airplane noises while spoonfeeding concepts to them. I'm sure there's a handful of people out there who collect sliderules or still use them, but to the overwhelming majority of the rest of the earth, they're completely undesirable.

Anyone who thinks that TLP is proof that there's enough demand to warrant dumping money into a 1st gen MMO blackhole is fucking delusional.

Some of you people have been arguing for years that there's a metric fuckton of demand for Pantheon, yet the fucking game only got a trickle of public funding. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

Is there a demand in the movie industry for something other than a super hero movie, retread or animated film ?

Of course there is and occasionally something other than that pops up.. the problem is when u can make bank on a proven formula of the same thing ( today that is action games) there is little point in investing into anything else, too much risk.

At some point a new indie MMO will bring back the past and be a hit then all of a sudden projects like pantheon will start getting funded by investors.

History repeats. Just look at the resurgence in CRPGs. Bg3, divinity, wasteland, pillars... and those were all crowdfunded or wouldn't have been funded.

Will pantheon be that hit ? I've given up nerlall hope when I see shit like "climbing" and the graphics of the above example look like 2k3. But I hope i am wrong .

I was part of the 1st gen of gaming, my first home sytem was pong. there are a ton of gamers today and we are all getting older and slower where twitch action games are very meh... the challenge is MMO cost and investing will always go where the money is, for example, ESO numbers crush eq at its peak, investors are not looking at eq anymore as a target,,, not enough $$

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I can only speak for myself, but Pantheon didn't get my money because it was a poorly executed kickstarter with literally nothing to show. The ideas and the concept behind the game are still really appealing. It just needs to you know, actually get made.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So it had literally nothing to show. But also had ideas and concepts that are appealing. Roger that bud

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was dumb enough to donate to EQ:Next. Never again. If I could have refunded it when I saw the Lion, I would have.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
a77255fe-2ec7-492f-958d-264025bdd039_0.gif

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im one of those people who badly wants a reskinned EQ. I really want this game to come out. But I dont have any hope that that happens. That new website is rough.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I personally do prefer their new website and new forum compared to the old ones. The new game play looks alright, they are putting in all new UI which is nice.

• 1Pathetic