Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
get
My only hope for mankind when I see those videos is that the alcohol content in their blood must be sky-high.

I mean, right, guys?

Right?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
You know what's one of the great benefits of projects funded by donations? Transparent communication.
April 15, 2021 9:49 AM PDT

Being transparent, it's not something we're going to discuss. Itemization, character power, and the effect of cumulative stats are something that we are very closely managing, and we will continue to manage those areas through launch and beyond. However, we are not going to expose the inner workings of those things because 1) they can and will change as development progresses and 2) sharing those sorts of things would actually hinder our ability to achieve the desired experience because they would influence player behavior. It's a situation where if you all know too much you start to min/max around that and the data we collect is skewed as a result.

Rest assured that we are paying attention to the questions that you have raised. They're things we talk about regularly within the team. However, this is one of those areas that's going to remain hidden from players for the time being, so that we can see the choices everyone makes during testing based on what the game itself tells you, rather than information on the forums.
Looks like the shine has worn off their new crafting developer. :)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They're going with the "don't min/max, just play the game like you want to" attitude. That's cute. Look how it worked out for Blizzard, which has this prized "data collection" by the truckload, and still manages to fuck up royally.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game has been in development for so long that even with their 5 man staff, they have too many cooks in the kitchen. Adding so many things that it’s just watering down and delaying the product before it even releases.

Blizz at least waited for games to fail and then take good ideas from them and add them to later expansions.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know what's one of the great benefits of projects funded by donations? Transparent communication.

Looks like the shine has worn off their new crafting developer. :)
I agree with that post

Blizzard (muh blizz) is less existent than Pantheon right now. It's gone. Forever. It's corpos simply wringing out the last of the trust that remains in the brand, of what used to exist. This is still in development.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with that post

Blizzard (muh blizz) is less existent than Pantheon right now. It's gone. Forever. It's corpos simply wringing out the last of the trust that remains in the brand, of what used to exist. This is still in development.
I could give a shit about WoW at this point. Ive actually uninstalled it for.. like.. the first time ever?... But It'll still have at least a quarter mil subs in 10 years. I would loved to be proved wrong, but I just dont think Pantheon will even reach a quater mil subs in 2040.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I could give a shit about WoW at this point. Ive actually uninstalled it for.. like.. the first time ever?... But It'll still have at least a quarter mil subs in 10 years. I would loved to be proved wrong, but I just dont think Pantheon will even reach a quater mil subs in 2040.
Cause it won’t be released yet.

• 5Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 9 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would honestly take anything right now. Our WoW guild is still raiding regularly (and recruiting ;) - on Heroic Sire) but we are done with WoW a lot quicker than usual. If we were not such a tight knit group, we would have probably already bailed for awhile. Most of the guild is just chomping at the bit to get AoTC so we can relax and wait for the next update.

I really thought they had a lot of things right with this expansion that simply turned out to be annoying or draining.

I would love for Pantheon to some how make it out the door soon but I just don't see it happening until next Christmas 2022 and that's probably being generous. They're going to miss the boat but I really had no expectations of this up to this point so whatever...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would honestly take anything right now. Our WoW guild is still raiding regularly (and recruiting ;) - on Heroic Sire) but we are done with WoW a lot quicker than usual. If we were not such a tight knit group, we would have probably already bailed for awhile. Most of the guild is just chomping at the bit to get AoTC so we can relax and wait for the next update.

I really thought they had a lot of things right with this expansion that simply turned out to be annoying or draining.

I would love for Pantheon to some how make it out the door soon but I just don't see it happening until next Christmas 2022 and that's probably being generous. They're going to miss the boat but I really had no expectations of this up to this point so whatever...
That was pretty much my sentiment on this expansion. Everything on paper seemed like fantastic changes. Then you start to play it and... either how it was executed or the how the decisions played out just felt awful after a couple months. Its a shame too, cause this is the first time Ive played a Protection Paladin and I built him from scratch on a Zandalari Troll. Just a massive looking, insanely fun class/race to solo with.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
That's exactly what you'd expect from the EJ guys. Great theorycraft but no soul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user