Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You do know that posting gibberish on an old dying game forum does not actually count as a coding career right?

I always find it amazing how personally people take this game releasing things they've worked on.

It's like some kind of mad cuz Brad corporate espionage trying to tear it down.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Nirgon Nirgon at what point does incompetence become negligence? At what point does spreading false hope take a turn for the more sinister? At what point do they take a look in the mirror and admit they are cashing checks that they will never come clean on?

There has to be a bar or a line of measurement for these things. You don't get to just make promises without there being some sort of accountability.

It appears that they have taken free funding for 8 years without any light at the end of the tunnel. They haven't just missed deadlines, they have scrapped the project and restarted multiple times.

I wanted this game to come out as much as anyone, but they lost the trust of all rational thinking people. The responsible and moral thing for them to do, was to scrap years ago... and they haven't. Why haven't they?

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's the money I would have spent on wow boxes and subs had they not sold out to total scum.

As far as negligence, I see them making an honest effort. At best I think you can pin enabling a slow moving project on the supporters, but I see what you're saying.

Perhaps if there was another alternative to creating a meaningful, immersive MMO I'd go elsewhere but these guys are trying to finish the work of their friend and I surely support the final Bradquest, flaws and all.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They are making more of an effort in order to grift more cash before this thing finally dies the death it deserves, after all you can only milk a cow so many times before it dies. If by some miracle it does release, how many sales do you think it will have? Because it will never have enough to support the ongoing development and pay for the infrastructure required to keep it running.

I'm still waiting for them to give us the lowdown on the super amazing network stack they've developed, which they can't seem to integrate into their own game. This software's supposedly so good they are going to license it out, yeah OK VR..

They've taken a considerable amount of cash, talked so much bullshit and all we've seen is a bunch of shitty concept art pics and some videos of the same shills playing the same fucking dungeon over and over.

Only a retard would think this thing has legs at this point.

Quick edit to say that it's been 3018 days since this thread was started.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As far as negligence, I see them making an honest effort. At best I think you can pin enabling a slow moving project on the supporters, but I see what you're saying.
Yikes.. sorry I wont give away money for something that probably wont ever happen.

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Have you reviewed the credits for an MMO that launched? How many were involved? And how many they have in house?

The time it's taking seems really obvious to me.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The "game" is outdated right now by todays standards. It will be even more outdated if it even releases. Who will play this? A hundred 40-50 year olds won't finance it. But this has been said over and over allready. I believe you are just trolling for the fun and thats great, pretty much what this thread and game is all about!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tell that to the companies still making money off of EQ like Daybreak and Rogean Technologies

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
At least those are games.

And how many did they have on staff developing what they're using? And for how many years after ironing out the kinks to get it to the point it's at?

Considering you guys continue to count the years of fund raising as years of focused development, im not expecting completely honest discussion about it.

• 1Truth!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Talks about honest discussion, while admitting to being who knows how much $ invested. It's like the people who spent $500 just to get into AoC alpha trying to be non biased but hey at least they get a game in a normal time frame.

Granted, you are pretty much in a win/win situation, long as you truefully don't care about lost money. Either it doesn't come out and you are just the crazy idiot that everyone already thinks or it does come out by some miracle in the next 20 years and you get to say "I told you so".

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not the one counting the time they spent fund raising as development time, or thinking they have 100 people on staff to meet the same development timeline as one of the big scum houses.

If you don't think any of that's honest, idk. There's a seething hatred for this game that's very evident, and it seems you just can't ignore it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
VR have been taking money for years for a game they have no hope of completing.

That's pretty much a scam.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not the one counting the time they spent fund raising as development time, or thinking they have 100 people on staff to meet the same development timeline as one of the big scum houses.

If you don't think any of that's honest, idk. There's a seething hatred for this game that's very evident, and it seems you just can't ignore it.
In which year did development start?