Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Just watched that video at 1440p and it looked like shit. You can tell they don’t have artists, the whole thing just looks like they are going for realism but failing. They need someone to add some visual flair and style to the game and it’s design. Nothing original at all in any of it. Zones look barren as fuck and lots of textures look like absolute dogshit.

Why release this video at all when it’s so poor?

This video could honestly be any generic game from 2005 onwards.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Video reminds me of Vanguard alpha. Logging into that game in like 2005 when there were only ever 10 or 20 people online. They probably had more done in Vanguard at that point than they do here though..

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Anyone complaining about these graphics, I think you might have missed how the foliage shakes when you run through it. No joke watch it again. Next gen stuff that you’re probably not use to seeing yet.

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 10 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Video reminds me of Vanguard alpha. Logging into that game in like 2005 when there were only ever 10 or 20 people online. They probably had more done in Vanguard at that point than they do here though..
I was thinking the same thing. It makes me think they think how it looks matters more than fun.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
LOL the storm at 4:58 of that video has the trees whipping all over and the lights hanging from chains perfectly still along with the banners.

happy make it rain GIF by Capital One

• 2Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
they are keeping a low profile and dont want the taxes to come due right now. Thats why they are playing possum. They dont even have a publisher supposely but I did here at one time Jason Epstein was an angel investor.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was thinking the same thing. It makes me think they think how it looks matters more than fun.
This is every failed MMO.

The market leaders are running on PS3 and 20 year old PCs. It's easier to make fancy graphics that mostly come with the engine you bought than design an innovative and fun game.

When original FF14 failed they went back and made the graphics WORSE to improve framerate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That video is not very impressive, even for a small team.
Lots of lighting issues.
Milky Way galaxy being used for the night sky
The Landscape lacks small details.

But for a small team trying to make an MMORPG... passable

I consider Pantheon to be a Triple-I title, and imo that's being generous.

• 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched the video. Given their track record, the next year will be spent increasing graphic detail of mountains, even going so far as to show dust swirling off of the rocks themselves in the windy climates, followed by some massive announcement + video of them showing it off with great excitement.

I had hopes for this one but it's pretty disappointing to see where they are in development after all this time.