Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simply having "Weak < Normal < Elite < Champion < Raid" is all that needs to be done. Taking the con system back to the stone age just for the sake of artificial difficulty is dumb. Adjust the difficulty and exp ratio off of those con tiers and let the player have some semblance of knowing what the fuck is going on. Weak is for mobs that swarm you, Spiders, etc. Normal is for Bandits. Elite is for tougher bandits. Champion is for named rares / "Bandit Lord". Raid being Dragon_01. You can solo up to Normal, everything else is group recommended.

Indie devs get so fucking annoying when they think obscuring basic ass information is somehow adding difficulty to the game. They could have a great game, but they'll be riddled with dumb ass decisions like trying to hide your total crit rate which is clearly labeled on the armor and forces the player to step away from the "fun" and do fucking math for a minute. Yes, you clearly not putting that stat on the rest of the character sheet is adding such a huge amount of depth and difficulty! Fucking rookie shit.

I liked the FFXI system. You had very weak, weak, average etc then "Impossible to Gauge" for named spawns. They might be massively below your level or significantly over.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So it's only been 8 and a half years in development - how much longer until we can rock?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So it's only been 8 and a half years in development - how much longer until we can rock?

I went to a Journey / Def Leppard / Cheap Trick concert at Target Field.

When this started, cheap trick was playing - 50+ year old's pounding the booze - partying like it was 1981. (Panetheon announced)
When Def Leppard was playing, 50+ year olds dancing around kind of heeing and hawing up and down and side to side. (Falling Gifs deployed)
When Journey was playing I turned around and most everyone was in a chair taking a nap. (Today....)

We are at the part right now where it's time to Zombie walk and try to remember where the Uber pick up station is.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

forehead

Trakanon Raider
And one zone :)

The memes that keep on giving
If they are secretly making tons of progress and have a lot to show, why did they choose to release a video about adding grass and rainfall, then follow it up with a video about soloing and not show a single second of combat — or even a single mob?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why you are asking him. It's pretty obvious this is ride or die ship. Either he goes down with it or gets to tell everyone "I told you so" if some miracle happens. I figure its some form of dementia or something. I can't see any reason to be so blindly in bed for the last 8- 10 years. Kudos to the workers though, that long with a job and you have had to barely show anything for those paychecks.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The new buzz word at VR is profit sharing. Apparently, most of team are taking a pay cut to make more money in the long run.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
i don't care any way. I know from the past that a lot of the early developers in EQ got royalty checks because they talked about it on the streams with A Loving Robot. Brad bought a ferrari and then Jeff Bulter bought the Mad Max Movie car. They earned it and bought us a great game. It's been bought up in the past that the team works for peanuts and had to all go and take second jobs to make ends meet like the early EQ team did 28 years ago. It's a rite to passage, I guess. I am wondering if this is the reason why the team is taking so long. They have gone thru two redesigns, their tax license in California has been forfeited for more than 3 years now and has been in development for more than 8 years. The rumor has it they received a 7 figured investment from an outside source last year before a few of the members quit or found jobs.

The one issue i have with the game is basically they are remaking Vanguard with an EQ twist, but they no longer own the rights. EG7 does. Brad is dead and Jeff Bulter is working on EQ Next secretly in Austin at Dimensional Ink, a division of EG7. Jason Epstein still owns 10% of Darkpaw Games. Nothing is secret in game development anymore. A lot of games never see the light of Day. Everything is a risk. Is there some kind of new trend with retro look games? I understand people are being nickled and dimed with all the cash transactions today? I realized FOH is a bunch of old school players, and we are a dying breed. i would love to interview Furor and Tigole for my Podcast to get their take on it the game industry.

Why dont they all get together EG7 Sony VR and the Mcquaids and make a deal and give us a more modern version of EQ? They are redoing WOW in unreal engine? Is it because of money? Does EG7 pay the the remaining Mcquaids a monthly royalty check?

Then there is Dream Haven. So many questions...

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think you could make a decently accurate guess at Furor's take on the game industry.

azG3Xnmu6o69JMh2pvJhdC.jpg

We're gonna need a stronger Sigma.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Yes, I am aware of the situation with Alex and I used to raid with him weekly with Freelance. I have been in the same boat as him and have heard the bullshit line -Iam a female gamer. i was stalked by a female in 2006 to the point that SOE-Sony got involved. Of course I know its something you cant talk about in public maybe in a quiet corner with a couple of mugs of beer. if you want to talk Alex and Jeff. i am the "red shirt cleric" I would like to verify something that happened to me if any one from FOH can verfiy? Did James Earl Jones play EQ? supposedly had a relative that worked at SOE and one year he attended the x mas party. Also, this story keeps surfacing about Furor being fucked over by James and some guy named Rich. They made monks able with their abilities to tank Bosses. The Druids Grove's Hall of fame post. It would not surprise me. Something about a sit in in POK. Celebrates are normal people too. Is there any truth to this rumor?

I am not trolling. This is a serious question. Finally, I would like to see the rumor confirm or squashed because some guy claimed to be him and got kicked out of the guild

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
i don't care any way. I know from the past that a lot of the early developers in EQ got royalty checks because they talked about it on the streams with A Loving Robot. Brad bought a ferrari and then Jeff Bulter bought the Mad Max Movie car. They earned it and bought us a great game. It's been bought up in the past that the team works for peanuts and had to all go and take second jobs to make ends meet like the early EQ team did 28 years ago. It's a rite to passage, I guess. I am wondering if this is the reason why the team is taking so long. They have gone thru two redesigns, their tax license in California has been forfeited for more than 3 years now and has been in development for more than 8 years. The rumor has it they received a 7 figured investment from an outside source last year before a few of the members quit or found jobs.

The one issue i have with the game is basically they are remaking Vanguard with an EQ twist, but they no longer own the rights. EG7 does. Brad is dead and Jeff Bulter is working on EQ Next secretly in Austin at Dimensional Ink, a division of EG7. Jason Epstein still owns 10% of Darkpaw Games. Nothing is secret in game development anymore. A lot of games never see the light of Day. Everything is a risk. Is there some kind of new trend with retro look games? I understand people are being nickled and dimed with all the cash transactions today? I realized FOH is a bunch of old school players, and we are a dying breed. i would love to interview Furor and Tigole for my Podcast to get their take on it the game industry.

Why dont they all get together EG7 Sony VR and the Mcquaids and make a deal and give us a more modern version of EQ? They are redoing WOW in unreal engine? Is it because of money? Does EG7 pay the the remaining Mcquaids a monthly royalty check?

Then there is Dream Haven. So many questions...
Hold it... what...

Jeff Butler is working on EQ Next in Austin? Is this real or just funny FoH banter?

The Epsteins own part of Darkpaw Games? I knew there was a Russian oligarch involved in Daybreak Games at one point, but I guess it flew over my head just WHICH oligarch they meant. Just.. holy crap wow.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hold it... what...

Jeff Butler is working on EQ Next in Austin? Is this real or just funny FoH banter?

The Epsteins own part of Darkpaw Games? I knew there was a Russian oligarch involved in Daybreak Games at one point, but I guess it flew over my head just WHICH oligarch they meant. Just.. holy crap wow.
Conspiracy theories? Truths? Who knows?
elon-musk-smoke.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just had a thought, what is the life expectancy of the average poop socking EQ player?

Must be lower than the average person and any who were regular people and not obese degenerates will have kids and/or responsibilities now.

So basically they are making a nostalgia game for people who are either dead or out of the market for a hardcore MMO.

I mean... even Brad is dead.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They're making a game where dying over and over, and being a clown will greatly slow down you making it into and ruining late game groups

I hope

Plenty of us strong sigma/chets who bearded EQ and are normies now

I know it's a agonizing to realize someone can be in better physical shape, with a life that turned out well who were EQ bosses in a past life

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I was never in FOH and dont remember them back in the day. We had Vis Maior, Wraith, and Lotus Cult on my server. In 2004 basically my server folded with WOW debuted.Soe has fucked me thru the years but EQ has always been a stable in my life for 23 years. I love talking MMo war stories. You would be surprised what I know.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
About | Dimensional Ink Games Last year Dimensional ink is working on a upcoming project that is not being discussed right now. I know a lot of people are sad the way EQ Next/Vanquard ended and i know it burns in their belly as a designer about the one that got away. Every good designer wants to make the next great game thats why God called Brad home.

Last edited: