Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I have Asperger's syndrome for those people who dont know.
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You and Nirgon should team up to run the most successful Pantheon site on the internet. Who knows, they may even hire you then you guys will get to play it.

We are going to team up and laugh at all of you when the game launches.

Long live The Vision.

• 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Honestly... I find the artistic design of the characters in Monsters and Memories over the ones in Pantheon. I don't know what it is, but I just have never liked the look of the characters in Pantheon. I had the same issue with Rift back in the day. Most of the playable characters just look ugly.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly... I find the artistic design of the characters in Monsters and Memories over the ones in Pantheon. I don't know what it is, but I just have never liked the look of the characters in Pantheon. I had the same issue with Rift back in the day. Most of the playable characters just look ugly.
I like that you called Pantheons characters playable

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm

Pantheon's going for the semi-realistic look of Vanguard, but its models look like they're from 2012. M&M is deliberately going for a more timeless deliberately low-poly look which also fits its theme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I see what you're saying with this gif.

Even if Pantheon succesfully implements the climbing mechanic, it's still going to be a stupid idea.
Games like Genshin Impact and Breath of the Wild have it, but I feel like you design your game around it from the ground up and it's the first thing you implement.

Pantheon I feel is just going to have a few gimmick walls to climb up which are glorified ladders.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Hey, don't hate on the default Unity assets just because they're stuck in default T-poses :p

Mage_custom_model_without_animations_in_t-pose.png

• 2Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The climbing mechanic is a gateway to expliotation in the game.
A random video game player can come up with 50 ideas in a heart beat to prevent "exploitation" - if they cant figure out how to fix something as simple as that, theyre validating the claims that theyre rookies.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
279649637_3322802907934226_4912891016520431631_n.jpg
If the picture is an indication of the work VR is doing. They maybe be onto something here. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pantheon I feel is just going to have a few gimmick walls to climb up which are glorified ladders.

In which case they will have successfully implemented a feature EQ2 has had since the Faydwer expansion.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Climbing while dumb, cant be worse than GW2 jump puzzles. But making it a mechanic you skill up is pretty lame and a waste of development resources.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user