<Medals Crew>
embiggen-11.gif

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I can't stand Cohh.

Man when that pan flute and tambourine play, chills everytime. This is both stunning and brave. Can't wait for pre alpha to be done. Then the real fun begins.

PS: all the people that said there was "no game".... ahahaha wew.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lets break down what i saw there...

- a login and password screen
- a character creation
- finding your guild master and starting a quest
- completing a quest and getting a reward

😂 gottem​

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Will this standard theme park questing have slides in it?

• 9Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can imagine the ass hurt becoming gradually more excruciating as he streamed a login/pw, then a char creation, then logging the char into their game world, and doing a quest.

I guess after a certain point of doubling down you decided you couldn't go back and now youre here....

In reality. With Pantheon being a functional game. Whew, boy!

• 1Moron

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
after 10 years of development I too would hope to be almost (but not quite) as far along as a christian cult ladies bible MMO that she made at a fraction of the time and cost.

Graphics seem to be about on par too.

still doesn't hold a candle on M&M made by 3 guys in their spare time and still no closer to releasing unlike Embers Adrift.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lets break down what i saw there...

- a login and password screen
- a character creation
- finding your guild master and starting a quest
- completing a quest and getting a reward

😂 gottem​

Don't set your bar too high, my friend.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No consideration for team size or how many years were nearly purely seeking funding lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No consideration for team size or how many years were nearly purely seeking funding lol

That is not a valid excuse. They need to create a game. If your team is small or underfunded you have LESS leeway to fuck around or go slow, not more.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is not a valid excuse. They need to create a game. If your team is small or underfunded you have LESS leeway to fuck around or go slow, not more.
Especially when they have had funding for what 8 years now or 7, all after their failed kickstarter. No excuses. If you have a small team, then build a game around your small team and the money you have(Basic common sense one would think, but mismanagement is everywhere).

But its nigron and he is a cult follower with his head buried so far up their ass, he can't see anything else.

• 1WTF

First

Trakanon Raider
/sigh

At 17:05 he sees a mining node and realize he can climb up. He runs towards it and jumps at the rock face. Then says, "oh lord", (unintelligible but sounds like "you guys"), then says "ok". The he runs away from the wall and the mining node not showing climbing or mining.

I know it's a pre-alpha and all, but something is very fishy about this. It feels like he was being fed information not to show that function.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, but seemed quite odd. At this point the sheer entertainment I'm getting watching the development is worth any cringe.
57:51 climbs up and mines a node. Tinfoil harder.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
About to hit 10 years and still in prealpha. I remember an interview with Brad right before he died saying they about to enter alpha. That was how many years ago now..

I still remember Brad calling me, trying to sell me on all these great ideas. Telling me how far along they were etc. Then he sent me the build :trump:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Especially when they have had funding for what 8 years now or 7, all after their failed kickstarter. No excuses. If you have a small team, then build a game around your small team and the money you have(Basic common sense one would think, but mismanagement is everywhere).

But its nigron and he is a cult follower with his head buried so far up their ass, he can't see anything else.

Counting years searching for funding and hiring as full development time and comparing them to corporate giants has been one of the earliest things I considered a joke from the retail WoW devotees here. Brad Mads did a number on some of you.

They're fully funded now and showing a game you've sworn with certainty didn't exist. The salty ones here said there's no persistent server, one zone etc etc. Just admit you were wrong?

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nirgon no comment on my post?

I know your shtick so I am only comparing to equivalent developers.

Please compare their time money and progress to fuzzytroll's team, M&M 3 guys in their spare time, and embers 5 man team that has released their game already.

All of these started after pantheon got funding (well after their failed kick starter) and all of them are as far along or farther, with less people. Embers has already launched ffs.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn they have been double dicking Nirgon Nirgon for a decade now on apprentice developer fees. Don't worry bud that 10 year subscription is gonna pay off real soon. I bet you even get a cloth map.

• 1Pathetic

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nirgon no comment on my post?

I know your shtick so I am only comparing to equivalent developers.

Please compare their time money and progress to fuzzytroll's team, M&M 3 guys in their spare time, and embers 5 man team that has released their game already.

All of these started after pantheon got funding (well after their failed kick starter) and all of them are as far along or farther, with less people. Embers has already launched ffs.

I love the M&M team and have enjoyed sharing the sickness from my brain that has formed from decades of EQing. They are everything but blood brothers to me in these regards. They're true EQ fans, the equivalent of some old sports team fan who knows all the stats of the greatest players in history and a basement full of memorabilia to use that analogy.

Most of them have the full hindsight and deep dive, having been fully immersed in an "overly solved" extra late end game of the original 3 EQ expansions. I think this is essential for making something that will stick today and not fall victim to the same old problems. Some of those problems like people demanding instant gratification should be expected and not catered to, but for the rest of us enthusiasts we can be sure they have the right minds deciding things.

That being said, they're taking a more realistic approach to make something we will appreciate while Pantheon seems deadset to reach for that impossible dream they've set forth in true Brad fashion. EQ wasn't even close to finished as I've begun to realize, Brad just had too many damned ideas and his eyes were always bigger than what was humanly possible. But maybe that's what it takes and the kind of push/drive you need to get things to become real like hand held computer phones or an MMO like EQ that was ahead of it's time.

I think both teams are making an immense amount of progress on the fuel tanks of code warriors and artists our age without billions backing them.

You're hoping for the day Pantheon shuts down without launching, hopefully only for the sake of a doubled down forum argument, and I can't say that's a good thing to hope for but I'll be here to say I was sure it would launch but didn't.

All that being considered, I see a functioning client and server. I predict a launch day that is overwhelmed with logins, as apparently even Amazon for all their serverless architects and load balancing geniuses couldn't even nail. This will be mocked too, pretended to be a unique issue and an I told u so.

Look no further than the positive responses and well wishes for the game in the comments following Asmoncucks corporate hit piece on P:RotF to see the true state of things.

• 1Like