Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
I bet crafting gets dramatically altered, overhauled, or redesigned entirely.
Easy money on that bet. Their current crafting "dev" is just a community member who happened to run their own pantheon theorycrafting forums.
Not a developer. Not someone who worked on another MMO before joining the Pantheon team. Not an MMO developer veteran.
And..
Someone who absolutely holds up Silius' work in Vanguard as the epitome of awesome/punitive design and implementation.
  • Grinding for hours, with guaranteed failure built into the system, to gain a single skill point? ✅
  • Grinding for hours to maybe get crafting-specific gear that helps reach the halfway point of success/failure, on even-level crafting combines? ✅
  • Consuming the most rare & valuable resource(s) of every combine, regardless of success or failure? ✅
  • Making useful resources/recipes/blueprints/whatever so rare the no-life sweatlords are the only ones that will ever have them? ✅
  • Designing in rare & ultra-rare resources and output products such that common is useless? ✅
  • Make the entire crafting system so punitively onerous, tedious and batshit insanely boring that you can level up TWO max-level adventure loop chars in the time it takes for one crafter? ✅
So if you bloody-well adored that nonsense? You will LOVE what Nephele has come up with. Not only is the crafting system punitive, so is the harvesting!
Because just like Embers Adrift, you can NEVER have enough punitive in your fun game design. Then, you too can have double digit concurrency numbers, and stick to your insane design philosophies. ;)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

forehead

Trakanon Raider
A crafting system would go against Visionary Realm’s primary game design tenet:

Create nothing of value

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I dont mean to disrespect Furor but wasn't he banned in early EQ? I know he still plays today. i know he was very vocal before he went to work for Blizzard.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I heard that SOE ordered a hit on Furor and Existan was the assassin. "Dont Blame me, blame your internet connection."

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What a pro, never even left his lane after getting launched 15 feet in the air

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hit Him Where It Hurts Steve Austin GIF by WWE