Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
C219-AE90-D051-459-F-8-CFF-15-D7-FEF96880.jpg

why are there no prefabs on the floor or walls? Would it be so hard to drag some skulls, barrels, etc into the scene?

why are the walls and floors single flat planes?

why are the textures so misaligned? Why are is there ostensibly no bump mapping?

Why is the scene unlit? There are no shadows.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

why are there no prefabs on the floor or walls? Would it be so hard to drag some skulls, barrels, etc into the scene?

why are the textures so misaligned? Why are is there ostensibly no bump mapping?

This is the exact thing that makes me nope out of new/different MMOs. Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean you can be lazy and absolutely uninspired about it.

Tried Star Trek Online, noped out at the first starter base where it was just a bunch of square copy/paste corridors. Same for the Star Wars MMO that is somehow still going, everything is just square corridors with no soul. /Pass

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider

Two possibilities, from where I sit in the cheap seats..

1) They don't have access to edit the source code of the main rendering thread, in Unity. That requires an Enterprise license, and they don't have it. Without it, they have to deal with the absolute stuttering shitshow of the default, unmodified Unity client when it comes to GPU load. A (very amateur) way to do that reliably is to have content like this.

2) They're lazy.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I care more about the amount of exploits and people like you I can shit on in pvp.

Scene will be lit when Nirgon shows up to toast your group.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I care more about the amount of exploits and people like you I can shit on in pvp.

Scene will be lit when Nirgon shows up to toast your group.

If this actually releases with open world PVP I will probably be PMing Nirgon for a guild invite just so I can corpse camp people

Though like most forum escapades it will likely fade away after several months, but still....

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If this actually releases with open world PVP I will probably be PMing Nirgon for a guild invite just so I can corpse camp people

Though like most forum escapades it will likely fade away after several months, but still....

You don't need a guild invite to corpse camp people

You need it to coordinate the corpse campins with other like-minded individuals or deal with their backup getting called in

It's a good time, hell, the best time

What I'd advocate for is extremely anti pk where you masquerade as the good guys and then are abominably toxic to anyone pvping under the guise of being the good guys

• 1Double Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I can see if the potential in the project if they were to get a bunch of money to hire the staff they need. The project is moving so slow. Most players will speed thru the content and zone layouts.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

You need it to coordinate the corpse campins with other like-minded individuals or deal with their backup getting called in

What I'd advocate for is extremely anti pk where you masquerade as the good guys and then are abominably toxic to anyone pvping under the guise of being the good guys

What the fuck kind of bullshit RP guild is this? Flowers of Happiness?

The Mongler The Mongler

LOLOLOL

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cohh's recent stream, gives me a small glimmer of hope, that this thing might actually launch one day. Let's get this thing in alpha. I pledged for alpha access in May of 2017. 6 years ago. lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Cohh's recent stream, gives me a small glimmer of hope, that this thing might actually launch one day. Let's get this thing in alpha. I pledged for alpha access in May of 2017. 6 years ago. lol

Damn Jasker Jasker your posting style is very different ever few days. It's almost as if you are two different people.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Trash engine is trash.

If they'd just started over using Unreal Engine two years ago they'd be 10x further w this muddy vaporware.

• 2Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Be careful not to end up in a situation like rallos zek where the anti pking and diplomacy resulted in a relatively less competitive server than most blue ones or any tlp. You also don't want a sullon zek or basically every classic wow pvp server where one side dominates to that point and just overwhelms to where theres 1 team and then nobodies.

• 1Worf