Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think Nirgon Nirgon and Mr. Sox Mr. Sox are the Bushwackers but I'm not sure who Andre would be

It's gonna be sad when this game can't sell out crowds though. It's just gonna be a few of the "It's still real to me!" guys standing around, not actually playing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Glad we are all finding some good old fashioned forum fun during this MMO drought until Pantheon launches

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
flying epic fail GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Game that doesn't exist has terrible graphics in alpha
Was there anything in that demo I posted that can't be achieved with store assets/code?

Surely the ability to have visible gear and character customisation is one of the first things you add? They have one prerendered model per class lmao.

Limited options is fine at this stage but they need the archetecture there to test additions.

They have made an entire zone lanscape because it's easy to make with Unity tools and fills most of the screen, but it's probably the least important part of your game. WoW launched with shitty textures and trees and still has them, FF14 has had very uninspired zone designed for the last few expansions and it's probably the one thing they went backwards with.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was there anything in that demo I posted that can't be achieved with store assets/code?

Surely the ability to have visible gear and character customisation is one of the first things you add? They have one prerendered model per class lmao.

Limited options is fine at this stage but they need the archetecture there to test additions.

They have made an entire zone lanscape because it's easy to make with Unity tools and fills most of the screen, but it's probably the least important part of your game. WoW launched with shitty textures and trees and still has them, FF14 has had very uninspired zone designed for the last few expansions and it's probably the one thing they went backwards with.
Very likely putting the cart before the horse and worrying about their business model. Big brained ideas about dropping the subscriber model altogether and having a cash shop. Replace static armors that change every 20 levels (BDO system) with premium cosmetics from the cash shop. Bonus points to gryffindor if they have a creator program similar to Warframes. Pantheon devs leave 100% of the cosmetics up to creators that get a small share of their profits, with higher percentages teased through a stair step program based off total money made. Followed up with a pyramid scheme that entices them with more money if they bring on other creators.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Very likely putting the cart before the horse and worrying about their business model. Big brained ideas about dropping the subscriber model altogether and having a cash shop. Replace static armors that change every 20 levels (BDO system) with premium cosmetics from the cash shop. Bonus points to gryffindor if they have a creator program similar to Warframes. Pantheon devs leave 100% of the cosmetics up to creators that get a small share of their profits, with higher percentages teased through a stair step program based off total money made. Followed up with a pyramid scheme that entices them with more money if they bring on other creators.
BDO is a phone game right?

You'd have to be brain damaged to buy a MMO without gear customisation, even fucking Runescape 1.0 had it.

That's the target audience of grifters though, people with brain damage.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Tell me more about how it doesn't exist :)
I never said a product in development doesn't exist, I said what does exist isn't a game. They aren't that far into development.

Think about that, they have been working on it for this long and they don't even have a semblance of a game yet.

200.gif

This is LITERALLY the best case scenario for this thing, that when they go to launch the whole just explodes killing everyone involved leaving no one left to sue.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Through a series of shrewd negotiations, COHH will become majority shareholder and turn this ship around. Mark my words.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
Watch this thing become the best game ever made, ClownWorld style.
well, they're on the right track (no, not really)

Answers from Kilsin regarding camps, kill stealing, and similar, April 23, 2023:
--
Can a camp be owned? No
Do you own the mobs at that camp? No
Will GMs enforce a policy like this - No, we will enforce the guidelines, which include communication and being respectful.
Are you saying if I'm at a camp and another group takes a mob in my camp, is that kill stealing? No, there's no such thing. You all have equal access to our mobs. If someone more powerful holds a group down, ask to join them or ask to pick some randoms from their pack or ask a friend or guild member to group up to grab some for yourself or leave and come back later.
They are just a few options you could choose, but all are to be done within the guidelines and while being respectful.
How a GM handles a situation. - A GM will try to cool the situation down and remind the parties involved of their options; failing that, they will enforce the guidelines, which may result in a warning, other types of action against the offender's account or a ban.

--
Kind of interesting how none of the actions break the guidelines, but they state they will enforce the guidelines? What guidelines are there if there's no camps, no mob ownership, and no kill stealing? Why would a GM ever be involved if no-one is breaking any rules and just playing the game the way the game is allowed to be played?

I'm sure thier complete and utter lack of any coherent plan will work out perfectly. None of anything above will have any impact in any online game released since 2002. 24x7 Paid-Employee In-Game GMs? On their not-funded-ever budget? Sure. You bet.
The only thing worse than their non-existent crafting plan is their non-existent 'play nice' policy.
The only thing less likely than this game launching is this game having 24x7 Paid-Employee In-Game GMs.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Camp ownership was so brazenly toxic, the monopolies people pulled with stuff like guildmember rotations for permanent ownership and calling multiple camps with different group members... fuck all that. Anyone who thinks camp enforcement way back in eq was good either didn't play then or was too noob to notice. Even when you were on the winning side it blew dicks to maintain. Rules about raid mob rights were even worse. Whatever else pantheon doesn't do, they shouldn't try to force a failed ancient eq play nice policy in.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users