Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Dungeons that you can go in now? That's pretty cool. What's the scale on them? We talking Lower guk here? Blackburrow? Aqua goblins in the underwater tower in Lake Rathe?

Also, are they separate zones or part of the same zone?

I'm just fucking getting HYPED as hell right now and want to know more.
Are you TRYING to get him thrown in jail for violating NDA????

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Rolled a bunch of characters. Went with the Spiderman meta of full stam Dire Lord so I could try to climb out of the world. The big castle on the horizon wasn't open and climbing up on the cliffs to look down inside, it was just a bunch of walls unfortunately. By the end I started getting the hang of the zone and layout, but outside of the main town it's basically just empty expanses of unpopulated content with no resource/mob spawns. Kept hitting invisible walls on the edges, so you can't just go anywhere you can see. You have a stamina bar like Breath of the Wild (though this was in development before that, so maybe Nintento ripped it off VR :lumie:) and can climb/jump/sprint using it. There was a climbing and sprint skill but it never got high enough for me to feel a difference in stamina consumption.

Engine was 'fine'. Combat felt a little clunky but once I got a few abilities it gave me something to push. Conning mobs was a little laggy sometimes and the UI felt a bit large with wasted space/odd icon decisions. Gathering was essentially you punching the resource node from 100% to 0% and then looting it. Skinning seemed to respawn a 'corpse' resource node on the corpse of the mob once you chose to skin it. By the end of the day, my FPS was chunking, said 40ish on 'normal' but felt more like 5 in most places.

Quests were mostly 'gather shit' as harvesting tutorial quests. There were also some annoying quests where you had to lug a heavy box to random people to show off the encumbrance system. The quest log gave some clues for the first person you had to find, but after that it didn't tell you much. Without a map or anything, it felt really bad running around town encumbered looking in empty buildings for some asshole. Once the community started sharing locations in /ooc it got better, but I'd recommend they either cut these short or give much more detailed directions on how to find the people in the quest text.

Soloing you could handle blue easily, white with some rest after and yellow would be a crapshoot. This was as a monk 1-3. Grouped up with a bunch of other level 4s and we explored some of the bandit/undead camps around the outside of town. Con system seems to have white < yellow < orange < red and anything orange and red really fucked us up. Would pull a couple of deep red rats out of the undead camp to the guards and then the group could handle the rest of the camp pretty easily. Hard to tell what is going on in group combat, but our enc was able to mez/root semi reliably. Feedback was probably the biggest complaint, with only humans everyone looked kind of the same and the combat pile was a little messy vs something like EQ where things feel more 'spread out' or deliberate. The combat was more 'spam your instants' like WoW than the calculated slow spell choice of early EQ.

That being said, if you never played EQ, then both Pantheon and MnM would feel completely awkward. They both have the 'mem spells' mechanic, which is not clearly laid out in either of them. I feel that is the one to compare it to, since they are both going for the old 'Vision" inspired sandbox mmo feel. The one thing Pantheon had over MnM was the item icons being finished. It's a small thing, but the desaturated icons for things in MnM really makes it feel like a weekend unity project, whereas Pantheon feels more like a mixed review early access game on Steam.

All in all, I'd say it prob felt the most like Project Gorgon of anything I have played recently. If they kept building content that spread further out from the main town, it would probably sit comfortably alongside it.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
There is one zone. They kept the pa testers on one server and the alphas on 9 servers aproxiately 100-130 per server. According to joppa on discord. People had issues with the cliplane and color shading.
So they are claiming 1000 players? /doubt

Any way to verify that?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tons of positive feedback from the Tuesday crew after installing the game that doesn't exist on their computers.

The Kotick slop gargling scummers in this thread should be ashamed.

"Forgive them, Lord. They know not what they do."

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tons of positive feedback from the Tuesday crew after installing the game that doesn't exist on their computers.

The Kotick slop gargling scummers in this thread should be ashamed.

"Forgive them, Lord. They know not what they do."
How many zones can you play in right now, again?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tons of positive feedback from the Tuesday crew
The big castle on the horizon wasn't open and climbing up on the cliffs to look down inside, it was just a bunch of walls unfortunately.

outside of the main town it's basically just empty expanses of unpopulated content with no resource/mob spawns.

Kept hitting invisible walls on the edges, so you can't just go anywhere you can see.

Engine was 'fine'.

Combat felt a little clunky

Conning mobs was a little laggy sometimes

the UI felt a bit large with wasted space/odd icon decisions.

Gathering was essentially you punching the resource node from 100% to 0% and then looting it.

Skinning seemed to respawn a 'corpse' resource node on the corpse of the mob once you chose to skin it.

my FPS was chunking, said 40ish on 'normal' but felt more like 5 in most places.

Quests were mostly 'gather shit'

There were also some annoying quests where you had to lug a heavy box to random people to show off the encumbrance system.

Without a map or anything, it felt really bad running around town encumbered looking in empty buildings for some asshole.

Hard to tell what is going on in group combat

with only humans everyone looked kind of the same

the combat pile was a little messy

The combat was more 'spam your instants' like WoW than the calculated slow spell choice of early EQ.

if you never played EQ, then both Pantheon and MnM would feel completely awkward. They both have the 'mem spells' mechanic, which is not clearly laid out in either of them.

Pantheon feels more like a mixed review early access game on Steam.

DickTrickle

Played most of the day. Ran out to the edges and climbed as much as I could. It's one zone.

This might be relevant information for you, Nirgon Nirgon . One *playable* zone.

"after 58 years they have 1 zone"

"there's no game"

:)

There only have one zone guys. The black rose thing.

All they have is this unfinished tree zone

They have no money and one zone

They have 1 zone and no money xD

Ah the old 8+ years of serious development lie has reared its head again. Don't forget they only have 1 zone in a game that doesn't exist.

And one zone :)

The memes that keep on giving

8 years of full company, serious development

One zone

One thread

"One zone" narrative in ruins

Not even one zone, u kno?

God I love this thread

God I love it, not even one zone or anything lol

Like when you guys found out there was more than 1 zone

It's been 47 years and they only have one zone

Goblin tunnels is yet another zone. According to the tally being kept around here they still only have one zone in 47 years. Stay mad for the holidays.

The one zone narrative is pwned.

The "no actual server to log in to" narrative is pwned.

The development timeline comparisons being made to billion dollar companies and the pretend shock/outrage will continue.

Praise Brad/Vlad

It has been one zone and they only have 8 years to show for it.

Am I right bros?!

You left out the seething about "there's no game, 1 zone" etc and the hate rants.

Cry out to Jesus all ye want. Only happy Pantheon thoughts can save you now.

Ah back to only one zone narrative :)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Jesus, this is bad. Like BAD bad. It makes me wonder wtf they’ve been doing the last 10 years.
Monsters and Memories is so much better than this, it’s not even close.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hope they have some good cash reserves because after this piece of shit, ain’t no one getting a preorder package.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Fail Wipe Out GIF by MotorTrend

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

DickTrickle

Live footage of Nirgon as he navigate to the edge of the single zone he's in:

mime GIF

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I have the non existent game installed on my computer with a persistent character

Retards btfo! The prophecy has been revealed!

There's no Sox podcast!

Amen! Amen! Amen!

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pantheon and Hell are real!!!!

You're alll gonna burn!!!

Wewwwwwwwwheeeeee

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

heartbrand

Trakanon Raider
EverQuest has released 11 expansions since the creation of this thread. Pantheon has one zone. See you in Ankexfen Keep.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Troll game is getting too obvious. Tone it back a little to make it easier to take the bait.

How long would it take for a few guys to take Unity and copy what they have right now? A month?

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I have a eq new world and rift açcount. You like my new co host. He loves music and old scool games
I will cover social media.