Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

Mr. Sox Mr. Sox you're gonna owe me when your views go straight into the stratosphere of triple digits due to my very prestigious clout

2 years and we get the soxcast finally.

you ask a question and then answer it yourself.

I will say I am proud of you for starting. Every journey begins with the first step

I can’t wait to see you co hosting the game show awards when pantheon wins game of the year in 2032. Please take care of your other foot so we still have you then

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Where's the hard hitting questions about taxes, the state of California seizing VR and unpaid debts to Liz?

Also, you owe Kilsin a clap back. Since you're on TikTok, I figure you continue to keep up with those youngsters and their fads.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Mr. Sox Mr. Sox you’ve got a lot of feathers ruffled in this thread. When people are this mad about something you’re doing it usually means you’re on to something. That being said I want to encourage you to really lean into this podcast with your best foot forward. I think people will be surprised at everything you have to offer. Really enjoyed your first TikTok, definitely a question that needed to be asked. You should do more TikTok - it’s an excellent platform to amplify your podcast.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Mr Sox should rebrand his podcast to The Stump.

Just 1 hard hitting question every six months or so

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sox u gotta do the cast on tax problems w/ state of Cali, your conversations with Liz and a clapback at Kilsin to defend your honor.

Foler said it's too much for him, blast that shit and keep the momentum going. Be the voice of the people.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
We might rage about the state of the current games but theres no way theres a market big enough to carry this kind of game. Even if we wished it so.

Todays audience wont even look at a slowpaced game like this. Also it looks like total shit after their "update".

Even if it releases one day it will fizzle to nothing.
Welcome to the argument I've been making for the past decade. EQ style games are simply not a commercially viable product. No matter how much wailing and gnashing of teeth the mouth breathers on this forum foam at the mouth at the thought.

MnM is proving they can be perfectly good passion projects. But they are utter failures as large scale development projects.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah, wouldn't want to have a line of people shoving each other out of the way to give you 300$+ to test it

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
Welcome to the argument I've been making for the past decade. EQ style games are simply not a commercially viable product. No matter how much wailing and gnashing of teeth the mouth breathers on this forum foam at the mouth at the thought.

MnM is proving they can be perfectly good passion projects. But they are utter failures as large scale development projects.
Honestly there hasn't been a decent EQ style game in a very long time. What even is there really? FFXI? The rest that have come out were WoW abominations. I'm fully onboard for the passion projects.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly there hasn't been a decent EQ style game in a very long time. What even is there really? FFXI? The rest that have come out were WoW abominations. I'm fully onboard for the passion projects.

M&M and Embers Adrift are two EQ style games that people seem to enjoy. Don't think the population on either are that high, though, because there just isn't the market for it that people want to believe

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
FFXI is a great example of how a spiritual EQ successor fails and is only commercially revived by turning it into a WoW clone.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
M&M and Embers Adrift are two EQ style games that people seem to enjoy. Don't think the population on either are that high, though, because there just isn't the market for it that people want to believe
Do those even count since they haven’t officially released?

Chris

Potato del Grande
You can absolutley make a slow MMO where a party explores, camps and tactically takes down one mob over a few minutes.

But it has to evolve. It can't be killing a fucking turtle or skeleton with auto attacks.

Have players taking down interesting, complex monsters from the start. If you are fighting some crazy Chimera with loads of abilities and great loot at lv10, you can have it spawn once every 30 minutes and take 5 minutes to beat. Put in some spawn conditions so you can kill smaller enemies to spawn it quicker or something so people have things to do while waiting.

Have new players spawn in a giant Blackrock Depths style dungeon at lv1 and they need to escape it. Play around with the conventions of the genre while keeping that core slow/tactical gameplay.

• 1Like

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
FFXI is a great example of how a spiritual EQ successor fails and is only commercially revived by turning it into a WoW clone.
Nah you're thinking of 14. FFXI was the eq clone that actually did fairly well (and had more subs for its time) for a long time. We haven't honestly had a good EQ style game since....never I guess. Nothing else has even come close to EQ style gameplay since FFXI.

Original 14 was just awful all around and didn't even remotely resemble EQ style gameplay other than grouping. It was all just barren copy pasta zones with absolutely nothing to do in them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nah you're thinking of 14. FFXI was the eq clone that actually did fairly well (and had more subs for its time) for a long time. We haven't honestly had a good EQ style game since....never I guess. Nothing else has even come close to EQ style gameplay since FFXI.

Original 14 was just awful all around and didn't even remotely resemble EQ style gameplay other than grouping. It was all just barren copy pasta zones with absolutely nothing to do in them.
FFXI officially ended normal development only last year I think, with only small updates to come. It's still going.

It's one of two Final Fantasy games I haven't completed so I need to get to it.

It was my first MMO and I got to about lv20 before the EQ style stuff drove me insane. Yeah let's all hide in a corner while one guy pulls one Goblin, oh no two came, better run for the zone line! What the fuck.

• 1Moron

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
FFXI officially ended normal development only last year I think, with only small updates to come. It's still going.

It's one of two Final Fantasy games I haven't completed so I need to get to it.

It was my first MMO and I got to about lv20 before the EQ style stuff drove me insane. Yeah let's all hide in a corner while one guy pulls one Goblin, oh no two came, better run for the zone line! What the fuck.
The best mechanic of original 14 iirc to get full skill credit you had to take damage. So you had to fight basically only AoE mobs and turn them on the group to get exp. They went full circle.

Last edited: