Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's so easy to fix up too. I can do it myself without help in a few hours. Then a few more hours to fix up the tier, lay out a tier addition plan. The lay out a PR campaign and strategy by drumming up attention on major gaming communities and jumping on a ton of different podcasts if possible.

Take all of that and re-do your introduction video telling people about the game. I could probably have a rough outline done in a day of what you should be saying, then you would just have to reshoot it. Maybe a day or two for post production.

Then once the majority of that is done (hopefully by mid next week) do a media attention grabber, do a newsletter to current backers asking for help spreading the word.

Done. It's all about format, fonts, and the proper look to give it a professional shine. You just need to know what to do and have someone with some good photoshop skills.
BRAD, fucking hire this man for a week.

Aela_sl

shitlord
I don't particularly like Draegen, but Brad needs help in the KS and this stuff is up D's alley. Frankly, Brad should take Draegen up on this offer.
I don't know draegon, but I will say, there are companies and consultants that focus exclusively on these things. It is all about effective marketing. I'm in shock no one there had the wherewithal to realize they needed it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
C'mon tad, why the hate? I don't dislike you, I just think you're crazy sometimes with some of your posts. I still like you as a member of this community.

Well, first full day is done. Total cume: $56,906. Not great. I'll have to do some research to compare it to other video game projects on a percentage (of goal) basis.

For reference:

-It's been 3 hours since the Pantheon twitter noticed we'd given it a bunch of money.

-It's been 18 hours since Brad tweeted anything from his twitter.

-And it's been 22 hours since a dev posted on the KS page remarking that there had been a few comments.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
It's so easy to fix up too. I can do it myself without help in a few hours. Then a few more hours to fix up the tier, lay out a tier addition plan. The lay out a PR campaign and strategy by drumming up attention on major gaming communities and jumping on a ton of different podcasts if possible.

Take all of that and re-do your introduction video telling people about the game. I could probably have a rough outline done in a day of what you should be saying, then you would just have to reshoot it. Maybe a day or two for post production.

Then once the majority of that is done (hopefully by mid next week) do a media attention grabber, do a newsletter to current backers asking for help spreading the word.

Done. It's all about format, fonts, and the proper look to give it a professional shine. You just need to know what to do and have someone with some good photoshop skills.
This Brad this. Make the presentation of the site better immediately , listen to this man. Add those new and different and better tiers in with it.

Well, first full day is done. Total cume: $56,906. Not great. I'll have to do some research to compare it to other video game projects on a percentage (of goal) basis.

For reference:

-It's been 3 hours since the Pantheon twitter noticed we'd given it a bunch of money.

-And it's been22 hours since a dev posted on the KS pageremarking that there had been a few comments.
This is not how you start a KS.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

You have some links for reference? It's pretty easy to see what they're in need of, but random internet people telling them to hire them with a couple of paragraphs describing their problems isn't much of a sales pitch.

Ok, so Pantheon brought in 7.1% of its goal on the first day. Here's how some other noteworthy Kickstarters preformed:

The Mighty Number 9 1st Day: 18.% of goal.

Camelot Unchained 1st Day: 27.5% of goal.

Pathfinder Online 1st Day: 35.4% of goal.

Now, that doesn't mean Pantheon is necessarily sunk. Some games can pull it out. TakeWorlds of Magic for instance, it got around 5%. But this does show you how hard it might be to get the $800k let alone any stretch goals like monks, bards, pvp, etc.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For reference:

-And it's been 22 hours since a dev posted on the KS page remarking that there had been a few comments.
I wish Draegan didn't take away nets. Troy you have been a great poster in this community for a "fucken 14er"

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The KS tiers need work in all areas.

For instance, how good is the ring? We have no idea by the description. Is it something that grows with your character, or something you will discard by level 10. The lack of any kind of description on these tiers seems like it wasn't well thought out. For a decent chunk of change, there shouldn't be descriptions which are so vague or ambiguous tied to these tiers. Make them more clear, and add tangible rewards which players value more (ie things you get to keep which are significant -- not just your name on some in game plaque).

I think when you compare the tiers of this versus something like Hex on KS, what you get for your money seems rather bland/weak/devalued. I think most players are interested in cool stuff to flaunt over your name in credits or some item which may or may not be something anybody even wants to have in the game.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I don't know draegon, but I will say, there are companies and consultants that focus exclusively on these things. It is all about effective marketing. I'm in shock no one there had the wherewithal to realize they needed it.
Draegon does web stuff professionally c.f. This site and junkies network

@Draegon no active dislike but we disagree almost down the line in our gaming and political philosophies
wink.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The worst problem is if the KS site isn't improved , communication immediately ramped up remainder of KS , tiers improved and so on , and it doesn't fund or barely limps over the 800k goal it won't be see as a shitty KS attempt problem , it will be seen by many as "See no one wants an old school game".

Instead of the blame going where it should , it will doom any other attempt for years to try this type of game. And I want this type of game, that's why I'm pissed off at this half ass KS launch.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
It's seriously mind boggling that they released the KS then went all radio silence on everyone. Really curious about the thought process that went into this. Possibly over valuing name recognition? They getting advice from Schilling?

Wystler_sl

shitlord
Brought me out of lurker mode. As to earlier comments about pissing and moaning but not putting up, I'm in for $500 and agree that the KS needs real work. I'm sure tiers will be added, I don't think that was too big a deal but does need to be addressed. If this wasn't just proof of concept then the whole thing REALLY needs work.

Not going to armchair game design because it's already all been said. Good luck Brad, I'm in obviously and hoping for the best.

Thanks for this and other good threads rerollers.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

@Draegon no active dislike but we disagree almost down the line in our gaming and political philosophies
wink.png
I know he does, but I've been around for years. To new people that aren't as familiar with this boards community, he may just look like random internet person_01.

He described what needed to be done to make a better sales pitch, without providing his own sales pitch ><

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

wink.png
No he doesn't. Teljair does. Draegan is just a blog mogul. That is fine to get a kickstarter fixed though.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If this doesn't get funded I'm gonna be really disappointed.

If the KS campaign was clean, pro, well thought out, with a high degree of dev interaction at least all us old schoolers could say, 'well, it was given a shot, but I guess what 'we' want from an MMORPG just isn't in demand enough'. Instead, if it doesn't get funded we won't know if it's because of a lack of demand or from a poorly done KS campaign... And the EQ blue balls will continue.