Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If we agreed then life would be boring.
Also, on this, at least, we can agree
biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The real question is why is the Patron's Pledge $150 and the Advisor's Pledge $300? If I take the Patron and name my item, "Ancient Mace of Flaming Auras" isn't that pretty much accomplishing what the Advisor's Pledge offers at half the price?
Naming an item isn't about giving it a description, the point is to give it a cool and obscure name like Excalibur or Stormbringer. Obviously if your plan is to name it The Sword that is Lit on Fire, then it's redundant, but otherwise it makes sense you'd name it something, then want to make sure it's actually a sword and not a pair of linen boots.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Polygon announced the KS launch very soon after PC Gamer.

I follow RSS feeds from: The Verge, IGN, Joystiq, Forbes, Polygon, VentureBeat, cnet.com, examiner.com, and anything that shows up on my Flipboard gaming mags.

I have seen 1 small article from Polygon about Pantheon KS launch...
That's not what exclusive is. Exclusive would be PCGamer announcing the KS 24 hours before the KS launched. THen all the other sites have to catch up on the announcement. Exclusive is Brad making any announcements through PCGamer and other sites sourcing PCGamer.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Wait, I thought there was all this pent-up demand for EQ all over again from the hundreds of thousands of people personally offended by WoW et. al?
What happened?

Where's the money?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If I see the campaign losing ground I'll take one for the team and go get a Pantheon tattoo to get some news outlets to do a story on me. Get the word out :p

Naming an item isn't about giving it a description, the point is to give it a cool and obscure name like Excalibur or Stormbringer. Obviously if your plan is to name it The Sword that is Lit on Fire, then it's redundant, but otherwise it makes sense you'd name it something, then want to make sure it's actually a sword and not a pair of linen boots.
I'm just saying that for twice the amount of money, I should get a little bit more than saying my "Sword of Vengeance" is actually a sword with <instert whatever details>. I should get to have a say in the stats, what type and what level of mob drops it, if it's raid gear or groupable, sold at a vendor, or whatever.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Wait, I thought there was all this pent-up demand for EQ all over again from the hundreds of thousands of people personally offended by WoW et. al?
What happened?

Where's the money?
The number of EQ people who are aware of the KS is very low. I chatted with a friend in Citizen, he told me no one in any of the two top guilds on the Progression server were even aware Brad was working on a new EQ-like MMO, let alone the kickstarter had started.

This is why I was saying last week, it was too early to release this week - there has been very little dissemination to the EQ/VG crowd.

Aela_sl

shitlord
Polygon announced the KS launch very soon after PC Gamer.

I follow RSS feeds from: The Verge, IGN, Joystiq, Forbes, Polygon, VentureBeat, cnet.com, examiner.com, and anything that shows up on my Flipboard gaming mags.

I have seen 1 small article from Polygon about Pantheon KS launch...
Yeah but there hasn't been much as far as interviews, etc. I know Massively had a small blurb about it, as well as MMORPG..when it first hit. But nothing much more than an announcement has been seen by anyone other then PCGamer, I believe. Like, one quick paragraph type of thing.

An article written by Ryahl posted today to MMORPG about Everquest linked to it as well. (he is my husband) But that piece had nothing to do with promotion on their part..

Villide

Trakanon Raider
Did Brad smile once through the whole thing or seem amped up in the slightest, outside of the "hang loose" at the end?

All those guys' parents should have put some points into charisma.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happened?

Where's the money?
Slow it down a bit guy. It's been 24 hours lol..

I'm assuming the silence is due in part to an update they are working on. I'm sure we will hear something today.