Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I love tangible swag too. We hope to have more, but are a little hesitant to commit to a bunch of it right now.
Aww love me some maps!
rrr_img_56736.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
EQ atlas baby! Man I used to have folders of those maps all printed out like a good little nerd.

Machail_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, Ben here. Just wanted to take you up on the invite and make proper introductions, as the PR Manager for Pantheon. Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but you know how it is - crazy launch, am I right?

I just shot an email off to Troy too, but wanted to take a quick second to express MY personal thanks to everyone here and on the other sites, for your support. I'm not just talking about pledge dollars here, but the real genuine interest you've taken in Pantheon. And I can relate to your interest, as Brad can attest. That's kind of how I ended up here now, was by seeing some of Brad's early tweets and reaching out to him and telling him I NEEDED to be a part of it.

As for my history, I'm a '99 guy. EQ on Tunare, ran a guild of 700 and some called Shadow of the Dragon, if there are any old Tunarians around. I've been working in PR in the video games and games media industry for the past seven years or so, most recently having done work for Master Games International, the guys who run Ten Ton Hammer, Elitist Jerks, and so on.

Anyway, again, a giant thank you to you all for all of your fantastic suggestions and assistance. When I say "we can't do this without you" I mean it in a very literal sense. Your ideas are fantastic and the level of support and help we've been getting from the community, just jumping on every opportunity to help out in any way they can has been nothing short of humbling. During a meeting last week Brad was outlining some of the stuff talked about here and was remarking on how sophisticated of an understanding this community has when it comes to MMOs, and he's not wrong. Obviously we can't do EVERYTHING, but I guarantee you that the community for this game is going to have a gigantic impact during its development. So while you pledge, we also pledge to finally get this game off the ground and involving its community in any capacity we can - we've all been waiting far too long for this game to pass up this chance.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys, Ben here. Just wanted to take you up on the invite and make proper introductions, as the PR Manager for Pantheon. Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but you know how it is - crazy launch, am I right?

I just shot an email off to Troy too, but wanted to take a quick second to express MY personal thanks to everyone here and on the other sites, for your support. I'm not just talking about pledge dollars here, but the real genuine interest you've taken in Pantheon. And I can relate to your interest, as Brad can attest. That's kind of how I ended up here now, was by seeing some of Brad's early tweets and reaching out to him and telling him I NEEDED to be a part of it.

As for my history, I'm a '99 guy. EQ on Tunare, ran a guild of 700 and some called Shadow of the Dragon, if there are any old Tunarians around. I've been working in PR in the video games and games media industry for the past seven years or so, most recently having done work for Master Games International, the guys who run Ten Ton Hammer, Elitist Jerks, and so on.

Anyway, again, a giant thank you to you all for all of your fantastic suggestions and assistance. When I say "we can't do this without you" I mean it in a very literal sense. Your ideas are fantastic and the level of support and help we've been getting from the community, just jumping on every opportunity to help out in any way they can has been nothing short of humbling. During a meeting last week Brad was outlining some of the stuff talked about here and was remarking on how sophisticated of an understanding this community has when it comes to MMOs, and he's not wrong. Obviously we can't do EVERYTHING, but I guarantee you that the community for this game is going to have a gigantic impact during its development. So while you pledge, we also pledge to finally get this game off the ground and involving its community in any capacity we can - we've all been waiting far too long for this game to pass up this chance.
There he is!

Welcome.

Grave_sl

shitlord
Our website is up --Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen-- but I don't think it makes sense to put up our own boards quite yet. Possibly post-KS.
Disagree here. While fansites and boards like this are fantastic, starting your own community early could only be beneficial assuming you have the resources to do it. I'm sure many of us would join up and start discussions, and you never know when a potential backer might be on the fence only to click through to the official site and have the community discussions sway them towards supporting you.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Disagree here. While fansites and boards like this are fantastic, starting your own community early could only be beneficial assuming you have the resources to do it. I'm sure many of us would join up and start discussions, and you never know when a potential backer might be on the fence only to click through to the official site and have the community discussions sway them towards supporting you.
+1

Big mistake by so many games I followed was to limit their hype train in this regard. Take the brakes off.

Aela_sl

shitlord
The main issue, as I see it, is it would require a lot of time to moderate, to keep it from turning into the typical cesspool of almost all open "official" forums. So much bickering and bitching, would most likely turn off more then on.
frown.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well its either that or BOE which sucks balls. There has to be a way to get rid of items and stop mudflation somehow.

Grave_sl

shitlord
The main issue, as I see it, is it would require a lot of time to moderate, to keep it from turning into the typical cesspool of almost all open "official" forums. So much bickering and bitching, would most likely turn off more then on.
frown.png
For sure, that's why I mentioned it would only work if they have the resources - which at this point basically just means someone who can devote time to it. Although at this stage in development I would think the PR guy could also serve as a temporary community rep - and I'm sure Brad wouldn't mind popping in occasionally to answer questions or moderate a bit.

I've also noticed that Kickstarter-based community boards tend to lean towards positivity. People want to hope, and once they've put their dollar in they tend to have an optimistic outlook even if it's because they're subconsciously telling themselves they made a good decision backing. I don't follow a ton of Kickstarter projects closely, but I have friends who are working on Grim Dawn after the dissolution of 38 and they have a great board community and have had a lot of positive feedback interacting with backers and fans there.

Edit: You could also add forum titles in addition to in-game to the backer rewards which would be very effective for advertising that you have an official community and entice people to check it out while also adding value to those tiers even if it is ultimately pointless. People still get excited about things like that. "Ohh, I could have a green name on the forums!" It works.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
When I say "we can't do this without you" I mean it in a very literal sense. Your ideas are fantastic and the level of support and help we've been getting from the community, just jumping on every opportunity to help out in any way they can has been nothing short of humbling. During a meeting last week Brad was outlining some of the stuff talked about here and was remarking on how sophisticated of an understanding this community has when it comes to MMOs, and he's not wrong.
Well, I think there are a few out of work game devs here. If your studio takes off, and you need help, try to hire a few souls from the community (I mean, you can offer them less pay for longer hours :p). Take a page out of Blizzard's hand book in that regard.

Mur_sl

shitlord
I like that they aren't planing a centralized market. Sounds almost like we'll be relying on merchants to sell off the trash loot. Hope that means we need to do some live face to face dealing to sell the good stuff. I call second torch.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
EQ atlas baby! Man I used to have folders of those maps all printed out like a good little nerd.
I once took a printout of Lavastorm to school to show another good little nerd (Who I found out also played EQ) where we should meet up that night. Bastard never showed up.

I like that they aren't planing a centralized market. Sounds almost like we'll be relying on merchants to sell off the trash loot. Hope that means we need to do some live face to face dealing to sell the good stuff. I call second torch.
Hopefully also means you'll encounter great items on merchants that someone has just gotten rid of either by mistake or for quick cash.