Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
He acknowledges the KS will probably only get them started and he will need additional funding.. ..from the entities that already won't fund him.
This has been addressed multiple times and is getting relatively common with Kickstarter projects.

Getting a bunch of money in advance from your target audience via Kickstarter will make it not only a lot easier to find someone interested in providing additional funding, but also allow Brad's team to more or less set the terms when it comes to creative direction compared to if they had asked a publisher to fund the project from the outset.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm surprised Zam hasn't done more press for Pantheon - given that they built their site on EQ's talk to the NPC quests. -_-

tad10

Elisha Dushku
How would you even know? anyone with some sort of taste didn't play WoW beyond WOTLK. I personally think vanilla was best too
Vanilla WoW pre 1.6 patch. I had forgotten one of Creed's points in his post - there weren't enough quests before 1.10 or 1.12 and the XP curve was a bit harsher to level just on quests. So yeah, after you did the quests in an area you had to grind for a bit (your choice of grinding or run some dungeons for loot) before really heading out to the next area. The break in the forced quest grind, really helped. I know the World PvP people didn't like the BGs, but I had a lot of fun in original AV.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
This has been addressed multiple times and is getting relatively common with Kickstarter projects.

Getting a bunch of money in advance from your target audience via Kickstarter will make it not only a lot easier to find someone interested in providing additional funding, but also allow Brad's team to more or less set the terms when it comes to creative direction compared to if they had asked a publisher to fund the project from the outset.
We shall call this the .38S philosophy. Good luck with that.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I could have sworn I read a post from Ben on the KS comments that Paragon did not get the $1.

Sandboxer_sl

shitlord
Would be nice to see them use a tool likeVoxel Farmto help create their ingame world faster and leave them to just focus on other areas. Can be integrated into Unity with a bit of work. Not sure if financially viable though...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, all the tiers are just confusing as fuck. the wording is just bad. all the "rewards include all previous tiers except this one or that one" is just really bad. some of the tiers at equal amounts have different rewards, and some of the higher tiers seem like they're a worse deal than some of the lower ones. someone at visionary realms needs to go to the zoolander school for kids who can't read good.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
As I understand it, Advisor's/Cohort's/Paragon's (and up) all get the $1/year sub but Cohort's is the only one that gets included with the higher tiers. The uneven spacing between Advisor's/Cohort's is a mistake I'm fixing just now.
No the Paragon doesn't get the lifetime sub. They said this in one of their tweets and replied on the site on comments I believe also. Paragon is a side stand alone of the same level as the lifetime sub. It's not "above it" so it doesn't get the lifetime sub.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No the Paragon doesn't get the lifetime sub. They said this in one of their tweets and replied on the site on comments I believe also. Paragon is a side stand alone of the same level as the lifetime sub. It's not "above it" so it doesn't get the lifetime sub.
Always a good sign when even a hardcore supporter gets confused (and then it takes a while for someone to realize it was wrong).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Update #6

rrr_img_57310.jpg

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
I hadn't seen this, now fixed the graphic. Thanks.

Trathos_sl

shitlord
No video? A 3x5 post card image? Come on guys.
rrr_img_57309.jpg
You have a right to be a skeptic and not back if you don't want too, but I can't believe someone who has no interest in this game would spend literally this much time in the forum talking it down lol? It's a pre alpha version of this game, they just started working on the project like back in September, with no studio or anything. What are you honestly expecting?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
WTF? I designed better dungeons than that doodling on graph paper in 5th grade. This shit is pathetic.