Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
while I agree with most of the rest of your post, understand that you areNOTan investor. You are a donor. You are putting your money in someone's hat, in hopes that it will help them to achieve their goals.

While we are ALL disappointed at the direction this has gone, it seems that many people are discussing their contributions as if theyWEREinvestors, when that is just simply not the case.

INVESTOR

An investor is a person who allocates capital with the expectation of a financial return.
Let's not argue semantics here. You're investing in this person's plan, in hopes of getting the game as your return on that investment. Investment, pledge, shill money. Whatever you want to call it, the person doing the Kickstarter has to give you the warm and fuzzy feeling that your money is going to a worthy cause.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
lost 6 backers in 4 refreshes over 10 minutes
frown.png

bayr_sl

shitlord
He genuinely thought this was just going to sell itself didn't he ? There was enough arrogance or ignorance on their part to think that the name(s) and very much need for a game like this would make it a successful Kickstarter with little effort.

It's the only logical thing I can come up with having the Kickstarter be in this state with so little.
I think he just reached his creative plateau adding a 3D engine to a MUD he liked. I don't think it's arrogance, it's just that he is not a good designer. If this kickstarter was made by anyone else it would have been dismissed a long time ago, because it's that awful. The ideas, the lore, everything here is bad. There's nothing here because he has nothing to offer.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
You're the second person to trot out that dumbass argument. Kickstarters are not donors, they are at the very least customers.
Not really. That's why everything is called a "reward." You donate with the expectation of getting something in return, but you do so at your own risk.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
For all my criticisms, I would like to see a project of this type succeed. The problem is Brad's target audience is older and has a lower threshold for shenanigans.

Assuage our many doubts Mr. McQuaid, and lay it all out. All of it. What do you actually have?

We are not a crowd that will suffer these silly reveals. We want to give you money but you are making it very hard to take this proposed game idea serious.

I don't want to read about it on a game site. I want you to sell your idea to us directly. If you can't sell us on your design, you ain't getting this thing funded.

No bucks, no Buck Rogers.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
This official reply just went into the comments on KS;

Hey again all. Thank you for all of your concerns. To me, that just reiterates our belief in that this really is a project a lot of people want to see happen, and that it won't necessarily be for everyone. We knew that going in.
To more directly answer some of the topics of this morning, absolutely, we want to get the information out to you. We want to be completely transparent in what's happening here, but we also have to be careful to get the proper information out to you. We don't want to say "there will be a playable bunny race" while it's still in discussion, and then later figure out that bunnies don't really fit into Terminus. (I can however, at this point, confirm there are no playable bunnies planned for launch.)
So, to that end, there's a lot of interviews happening this week. You're going to see a lot of information going up around the Internet not just from us, but from the media as well. We're pretty confident you're going to like what you see.
--Ben.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Except what Ben says they don't want to do is exactly what they actually are doing. Is he that bad at PR?

Caliane

You're the second person to trot out that dumbass argument. Kickstarters are not donors, they are at the very least customers.
really?
did you pay sales tax?

see what I mean, about how Kickstarter can be insidious by intentionally clouding the investor/sale/donation?
Its a donation, that pretends to be an investment, while acting like a sales marketplace...
I'm not saying its all evil. But the format is really just ripe for cons, and scams. It really need some serious oversight. which KS seems to refuse to do.

on both ends as well, charge backs, and donators, adding/removing, as well as a number of other things you can do to sabotage a campaign.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
You guys need to have some faith and stop nitpicking everything in real time. This stuff takes time to get it right. Keep up the nay saying we are guaranteed nothing. Is that what you want? More Rift/Tera/SWTOR?? That is what you are going to get if you don't grow up put on your big boy pants and have some fucking patience. All the fucking babbling bitches in this thread almost (ALMOST) make me want to see this thing fail. The thought of actually playing this game and having to group with some of you is nauseating. If you want change in this industry you need to focus on the positive and help it get there. If you constantly attack it, it will die and we will be stuck here playing the rerolled forum MMO with our dicks in our hands asking what went wrong.

RELAX, let these bros do work.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Thought you guys were joking they named a class dark knight. Jesus. Come up with some better names. Death wielder, devil dancer, necroswords, something. Come on fellas.
Death Knight, Shadow Knight and Dread Knight were all taken so they had to settle. Dark Knight is the Equivalent to someguy calling his necro Deathmasterr because he was the second one to think of that clever name.

Edit: yea two hours too late for that joke I see. Anyway!

It would cool if they dropped the "knight" aspect completely and named it something like Void Champion or Shadow Errant instead since Knight has the whole "noble warrior" connotation. But that's just nitpicking.
I think they if they drop the knight for something else they can even keep their dark in there. Does Void fit their lore, sounds so sci-fi I dont really like it. Half the suggestions a few pages back were good though.

By now I'm praying the enchanter clone is just called "Illusionist", because there have been some damn shitty substitutions for that (including Psion, again that sounds like sci-fi).

EQ actually had new class names every few levels (though past illusionist they were meh for enc), they can take most of those for the dark knight (cant even type that without giggling
frown.png
) like Dark Revenant.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nester,
People did the same thing with EQN/L, bitching for a while after announcement and now everyone is thinking they'll turn out awesome. Landmark, at least.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys need to have some faith and stop nitpicking everything in real time. This stuff takes time to get it right. Keep up the nay saying we are guaranteed nothing. Is that what you want? More Rift/Tera/SWTOR?? That is what you are going to get if you don't grow up put on your big boy pants and have some fucking patience. All the fucking babbling bitches in this thread almost (ALMOST) make me want to see this thing fail. The thought of actually playing this game and having to group with some of you is nauseating. If you want change in this industry you need to focus on the positive and help it get there. If you constantly attack it, it will die and we will be stuck here playing the rerolled forum MMO with our dicks in our hands asking what went wrong.
I think some people are going over the top but there is valid criticism here. It's just not good enough yet. As much as I want this project to succeed, even I know I that. That said, I'll be backing this till the very end. :)

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Whoever thought offering exclusive interviews to media outlets AFTER the Kickstarter launched was a good idea? Once the Kickstarter launches, you need to lay your shit out to get people's money. This isn't a PR campaign for a game in development, so stop treating it like one. Giving preferential treatment to media outlets over the people who you are asking to donate money is just a dumb fucking idea. Get those interviews sorted BEFORE you launch the Kickstarter.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
given this response, whoever said their PR guy is running a textbook advertising campaign, versus an effective crowd funding pitch campaign was 100% correct.

you can run this shit like EQN, which is already paid for.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Let's not split hairs here. Regardless of how you slice it, someone else's money is in the balance and they have a right to do with it as they please based on the information presented during this KS period.

If you "donate" money you do not go and ask it back. If I invest my money, I can withdrawal it, transfer it, and reinvest it. To me, that's what KS represents. Its Investments Lite where my dividend is whatever they deem my reward. Honestly though, you can categorize it anyway you like... bottom line, they are going to lose donors, investors, or whatever if they don't tighten up this ship.