Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They started answering the funding question, but I still would like to know what the contingency plan is. How committed are they to seeing that this project, and our dollars, end up in a game? Are they will to 100% make sure the game happens, even if it means late nights for no pay, after the day job, if a publisher/investor can't be found?
He's already said this game is getting made, with or without crowd-sourcing.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Agree... Q&A was much better and i'm sure they'll improve with everything as it goes along but I go back to my point yesterday. I think everything is far to telling of how things will be ran and developed. I pulled my donation as stated earlier but i'll probably throw a little money their way if they continue to show improvement but at this time I am no where near comfortable giving my initial amount.

Excellent Q&A video IMO.

Sound and lighting were much better, and I prefer the lack of an actual person posing the questions. Brad even cracked a smile, which is an improvement. He answered several concerns pretty decently considering the fact that we know much of this is getting completed on the fly.

I still think they need to show a fully realized graph-paper dungeon layout a la eqmaps. Forget modelling it in Unity. Takes too much time, and doesn't tickle the oldschool nostalgia bone. Add some concept art of points of interest and mobs found within said dungeon, maybe an item with tentative stats. Post it here and we'll do the rest. I feel this is the single most important thing they could do at this point.

A step in the right direction.

Oh, and a hi-Rez map of that continent, with starting racial cities clearly labelled. Cities should probably have accompanying concept art and architectural description. Let me envision myself in the world, and I'll be far more likely to open my wallet.
Yeah, it definitely was a step in the right direction.
smile.png

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I do like the sound of this from the most recent Q&A:

Dungeons in pantheon will be huge. They will be complex in many cases, although sheer complexity--you know, there's more to making a dungeon than that--you need to make it interesting, you need to make it a challenge to map and to explore, and we want them to be fairly large if not crazy large, because we want players to get to a certain degree--maybe they spend two hours and they get to a certain point in this large dungeon, but they need to stop for the day, because we really realize that a lot of people who want to play Pantheon--maybe back in the day when they played EverQuest, they could spend six, eight, or ten hours, you know, playing this game straight, and, you know, that's just not realistic anymore. They have grown up, they have lives and spouses and jobs, so it's important to us that we capture that old school feeling, but that also we accommodate the reality that our player base is going to have, so there'll be different points along the road where you can log off and say, "hey guys, tomorrow, let's log back in into this safe area and continue on exploring and doing this dungeon."
Sounds like they're trying to do what they aimed for in Vanguard with the epic sprawling dungeons.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's already said this game is getting made, with or without crowd-sourcing.
So this KS was about proving that Brad is no longer a toxic asset that people well still buy into the VISION.. I think when he says publisher we know who he is talking about and it's not fucking microsoft.. Maybe Ut not so batshit crazy.... I take that back in flavor Flav broke clock is right twice a day.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Really? Hmm, when did he say that or did I completely overlook it in the video? That'd actually be a positive thing to hear as far as I'm concerned.
Via video (Summary) : 800k gets us started, we hope to have more via kickstarter....we MAY have to go to outside investors and SEE WHERE IT GOES FROM THERE.

For the record: I am in this no matter what...sink or swim..$600...I don't care one bit about money, I lose it every day...but that is crazy!

When I applied for my small business loan, I got rejected twice...but the third time I got approved because I had every single item listed. (With every single contingency considered) I had 3 back up plans and another just in case.

I know this isn't a bank loan, but they are making it mighty hard.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I do like the sound of this from the most recent Q&A:

Sounds like they're trying to do what they aimed for in Vanguard with the epic sprawling dungeons.
VG had some awesome dungeons. The bad thing about it was, your group was always the only one in there. Some of my best MMO times ever were when 5 friends and I had a static, untwinked, self found only, alt group and ran through every dungeon. I'd do that again in a heartbeat if it was feasible...had such a blast. Only MMO experience I've had that was comparable to EQ experiences.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If I understand correctly if the KS doesn't meet itself goal they get nothing... correct?

Maybe they are holding back some final day big spenders to get a feel of the gaming community...haha. I had just looked through some KS's and it appears it is relatively for big money to land in the final days.

Just wanted to take some time away from my critiques and talk about something else for awhile :p

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If I understand correctly if the KS doesn't meet itself goal they get nothing... correct?

Maybe they are holding back some final day big spenders to get a feel of the gaming community...haha. I had just looked through some KS's and it appears it is relatively for big money to land in the final days.

Just wanted to take some time away from my critiques and talk about something else for awhile :p
Someone brought this up before but I am happy to answer it again. So lets for example assume that they raise $600k of their $800k goal. Well Brad could just let the Kickstarter die right there or, someone he knows on his behalf could pledge $200k. Kickstarter is going to take their 5% which is about $40k in this example and then Brad gets the funds in the tune of $760k, of which he used $200k to pay back himself, or his buddy, or the bank, and he still nets himself $560k to work on the project with. As long as there is enough cash on the table for this to make sense it's easy to pull off. Kickstarter doesn't mind because otherwise they get nothing in the case since the project didn't fund otherwise.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So this is the vibe now?
I wouldn't start patting them on the back because of a Q&A update. I will say finally being honest and upfront with their answers does help though, but in the end the same problem is there, they don't have a plan, they are unprepared, and they need a couple months of getting their shit together first. If they are this unprepared prior to having any money what makes anyone feel like it will be handled better after?