Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Please come here and let me hit you with this giant, wooden board.
ooo don't get me all hot and bothered THIS early
tongue.png

Yea sorry. Told you i was a summer child. Not used to shields doing much damage. Hard to think of them as weapons, but obviously that could be effective.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
now thats a class update. seems theyre listening. two shields cheeeya boyee.
I can't tell if that is sarcasm so I will bite. Unfortunately Google image search came up with 0 pictures of a knight with two shields so I can't show you how retarded that would look like.

The thing is that the reality of it will be that you will have one ability that will make you pull out two shields for like 10 seconds. They will call this ability /disc defensive I think.

Then you will go back to using a sword and board.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Up until this point I was in the camp of, maybe the game will make it, I will then buy it and play it.

I don't think I would even want to play this game any longer ...
Whats wrong with dual-weild shields? Hasn't been done before in an MMO so its new and I have played tanks in D&D that did this to fend off enemies and bludgeon them to death with the shields. It really depends on the implementation.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
because 80% of the team is 'idea people' i.e. sit on a couch, maybe smoke somw pot, and launch bullshit at a dry erase board, grab some lunch, than continue with 'you know what'd be cool?' for a few hours.

thats why theyre all recently laid off from major studios and projects. they dont actually build widgets.

the ks suppose to give them the capacity to hire personnel that can translate those ideas into an actual product.
rrr_img_57747.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Whats wrong with dual-weild shields? Hasn't been done before in an MMO so its new and I have played tanks in D&D that did this to fend off enemies and bludgeon them to death with the shields. It really depends on the implementation.
You know what else hasn't been done in an MMO? Football bats. Doesn't make them interesting or a good idea.

You are telling me you used ONLY dual shields as a character? Please show me what that character sheet looked like. You said that no MMO has done it, find me a single game anywhere that has.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm in if it means people can be an evil paladin, since we have to assume not all gods are 'good' ones, right?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dual shields ins not a bad idea, dude. I could totally see a dude picking up 2 shields and bashing some skulls on the battlefield while protecting himself from incoming attacks.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a better class update than what was there before, I'll give them that. Let's see what kind of bump (if any) it gets today.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone think of this when reading the dual shield thing:

1. double bagging

Putting two condoms on a penis before sexual activity.

John thinks that double bagging gives him more protection when picking up prostitutes, even though Steve told him that the rubbers will wear each other down.

disgruntled_alien

Molten Core Raider
And it sounds like a paladin can be stripped of his divine abilities if he loses favor (faction) with his deity/king. That would be A+.

By far the best of the class updates. Wonder where the KS would be if these were all up and of this quality on day 1...

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Creator Visionary Realms, Inc. 2 minutes ago
@ Enitzu, yup! We'll be adding in the info for the cleric and dark knight today too. Means the links will change, but will be updated today.

Seems like they will update cleric&dark knight also
smile.png

delirium_sl

shitlord
You know what else hasn't been done in an MMO? Football bats. Doesn't make them interesting or a good idea.

You are telling me you used ONLY dual shields as a character? Please show me what that character sheet looked like. You said that no MMO has done it, find me a single game anywhere that has.
No I didnt ONLY dual shields, it was a moment where my sword was disarmed so I grabbed the nearest thing which happened to be the shield of a fallen enemy. Lots of called shots and tricky rolls to pull it off. I dont think the Crusader would constantly have dual shields but would be an option they could use for more defense if the situation called for it. As for MMO's, I guess I should have said no MMO i have played has had dual wield shields. In that list would be EQ, EQ2, VG, Linage 2, AOC, DAOC, WOW. and really most of those games I only tried a bit. I played EQ and VG mostly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No I didnt ONLY dual shields, it was a moment where my sword was disarmed so I grabbed the nearest thing which happened to be the shield of a fallen enemy. Lots of called shots and tricky rolls to pull it off. I dont think the Crusader would constantly have dual shields but would be an option they could use for more defense if the situation called for it. As for MMO's, I guess I should have said no MMO i have played has had dual wield shields. In that list would be EQ, EQ2, VG, Linage 2, AOC, DAOC, WOW. and really most of those games I only tried a bit. I played EQ and VG mostly.
Right, back to what I said. This is in reality a 10 second ability called /disc defensive and that is all.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Fuck shields I want too duel wield football bats