Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Bruman

Golden Squire
If they want that surge of backers they need to show some tangible ingame shit before time's up
If they can do that, it'll prove what Bertox and Denaut were saying about them not having anyone capable of, ya know, writing code on the team, and would do a lot to strengthen up my loss of faith in the team as it currently exists.

Show us some in-game classes, races, early builds of the combat system in works. Less words. More showing.

Kaljin

N00b
I can listen to Martin Dean for about 3 min, and i want to stab myself..
Why go to this clown that can't even crack 200 views on his best day when you should hook up with someone like Lirik, Athene or even Towelliee and such? You want this project as exposed as you can get not reach a tiny audience of who think the dark elf race will sell this game alone, wtf Brad.

If they can do that, it'll prove what Bertox and Denaut were saying about them not having anyone capable of, ya know, writing code on the team, and would do a lot to strengthen up my loss of faith in the team as it currently exists.

Show us some in-game classes, races, early builds of the combat system in works. Less words. More showing.
They showed some early combat system in the original video and people ripped them for doing it.

can someone post a summary of the newest mcquaid interview for those of us at work? thx <3
I'd volunteer, but I'm at work right now
frown.png

Bruman

Golden Squire
They showed some early combat system in the original video and people ripped them for doing it.
I don't think "stock animation from stock models" counts as "early combat system". Actually showing the things they're talking about working (but without all the polish) is an early combat system. We've seen nothing with active/reactive abilities, skill chains, OT/DT, etc.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Twitch

Interview with McQuaid
This is like watching an Obama interview. Not picking on Obama here, but seriously, why does every single interview just throw out the nice softball questions that basically repeat the same shit over and over. Somebody ask him some tough questions. We need to get UT to interview him. I don't agree with UT's hostility, but at least he would ask some real fucking questions.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they need to build a combat system. (or show us that they have) not just the ideas, but the numbers. lay it out like a pencil and paper RPG.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
My guess is that Smed realized Vanguard was a bad purchase almost immediately. The game had a horrific reputation before it even left beta, and from the sounds of it the game just wasn't making them much, if any money. So with that in mind I can see why they didn't want to put any money into the game. They had the ability to "turn it around for Vanguard", but investing millions of dollars in a product that had already failed was something that I am guessing Smed just couldn't sell to his bosses.

If they could do it all over again Vanguard would of died with Sigil.
If they delayed launch and maintained 200k subs they would have been just fine, but they forced it out early. SOE forced the thing out.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Well, given how it's 7 years later and Vanguard *still* suffers from chunk crashing and issues just crossing chunk lines, it's obvious there were serious issues with the technology that would've never likely been fixed.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Well, given how it's 7 years later and Vanguard *still* suffers from chunk crashing and issues just crossing chunk lines, it's obvious there were serious issues with the technology that would've never likely been fixed.
Yea, with the army of devs Sony provided the Vanguard "team", thats really shocking very little got fixed.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
If they delayed launch and maintained 200k subs they would have been just fine, but they forced it out early. SOE forced the thing out.
I'm going to try to put this in terms you can understand. Let's pretend you are a socially backward nerd that is sad because you can't go to the prom. Your younger sister hooks you up and asks her hot friend to go with you. Her hot friend is nice and even kinda thinks you are cute, but doesn't know (and hasn't really cared) much about you. She agreed for a few reasons (1) she likes your sister, (2) one night is not a huge deal and, (3) who knows, it could work out. After all, you aren't so bad looking...you are just a little rough socially. So, you have your date and, unfortunately for both of you, nothing clicks. It just doesn't work out. She thinks "oh well, it was fun anyway" and moves on dating other dudes.

Is she an asshole for not calling you or wanting to hook up afterward? She did what she said she would do and gave it a good faith shot. At the end of the day, you didn't get a long term relationship like you hoped, but got a chance to go to the prom which, but for your sister's hot friend taking a chance on you, might not have happened. Sure, maybe at the last minute, someone would have asked you out and it would have worked out differently, but you cant be pissed at the girl because of what could have, should have or would have happened.

This is sort of interesting. I wonder what they are going to do. Logically it is far too early to be building a dungeon in Unity, so maybe it is a discussion and paper design? I kind of want to at least check it out but it starts at 2am for me, ugh.
It's not too early to build dungeons. One of the first things Brad announced about Pantheon was the guy who created Old Seb was just brought on board to out do Old Seb. Unity is a great engine that lets you start building things right away.