Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Madikus

Knows nothing.
L2 was awesome...but soooooo azn
This. After you level to about 30, you hit a giant wall of nothing to kill for good exp, the exp needed to level seemed to jump significantly. The mobs you did actually have access to were 2-3x harder to kill than the stuff you were killing in your 20's.

At least, this is how I remember it...many many years ago, when it launched.

Flank_sl

shitlord
This. After you level to about 30, you hit a giant wall of nothing to kill for good exp, the exp needed to level seemed to jump significantly. The mobs you did actually have access to were 2-3x harder to kill than the stuff you were killing in your 20's.

At least, this is how I remember it...many many years ago, when it launched.
You had to group, then the mobs were easy to kill. You still had the problem of the exp to level increasing significantly, and people who were more hardcore than I also hit the problem of outlevelling the highest level mobs in the game, which made it even harder. In the end I don't think that you can compare levels in a camping game to levels in a raiding game, as in one the pve game ends at the level cap while in the other the pve game begins at the level cap.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
What's left the discuss really though?

Brad, Cocaine, and Ferraris ?
How shitty the kickstarter is ?
The tiers are confusing and stupid ?
Suggestions that might help fund the game ?
Shemale posters ?
How great EQ was ?
Vanguard didn't work out ?
Brad only has one shirt ?
WoW vs EQ ?

There really isn't much to talk about anymore. I would love to talk about the game they are making but it doesn't exist so that's hard to do. Unless you wanna debate who would win Goku or Superman there isn't anywhere to go anymore.
lol'd

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Now that SOE dumped Vanguard, why not rebuild the networking of vanguard, polish and relaunch the fucker and make a kickstarter to do it . ..

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Okay, then my memory was good. Yeah, I guess I never saw the death penalty as that scary. It made leveling slightly longer, especially if you were in crappy pickup groups and/or were cheap, but losing a corpse? Never even came close to it except maybe in the very early levels and so what? Just buy some banded and go camp/buy some bronze.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Okay, then my memory was good. Yeah, I guess I never saw the death penalty as that scary. It made leveling slightly longer, especially if you were in crappy pickup groups and/or were cheap, but losing a corpse? Never even came close to it except maybe in the very early levels and so what? Just buy some banded and go camp/buy some bronze.
I never lost a corpse either, but there was an incident in Plane of Fear that was pretty rough. 2 groups went into PoF before prime time trying to be uber, they died. A lot. We took 2 more groups to CR. Now 4 groups of naked people.

We finally got some help from the entire guild and friends, LoS and others, but that shit was pretty tense for several long, scary hours. All because 12 idiots tried to show off or whatever.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_58339.jpg