Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Think of the savings!
At that price you can't afford not to!!

rrr_img_60133.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
EQ maxxed out at 450,000 subs at it's peak. WoW topped 12 million subs at it's peak, with probably at least 3 million in the west. During the time of EQ the typical stereotype of someone who played EQ (or MMO's in general) was still a basement dweller who had no life. Now the stereotype of someone who plays MMO's is someone in their mid to late 20's who has a steady job.

You're wrong.
Actually I remember being online when they announced and surpassed 500k concurrent in EQ. There were GM broadcasts that were saying, "Get your friends online! Let's break 500k!" It was right after they implemented the AFK vendor/bazaar stuff.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Whelp , according to the KS thread the super secret forum access has started charging folks CC.

Brad and Co are now funded, sorta.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Uhhhh... Burden of proof is always on the person who makes a claim. That's kinda the basis of our entire modern legal system.

You claim SOE has lied to and back stabbed its customers for a decade, so prove it.
I'm not really backing up Graye with this retard fight you two have going on, but if you think SOE hasn't been shitty customer service for the last 15 years, you don't pay attention to them at all. NGE was one big turd they dropped on the star wars nerds. Eq, they lied to their playerbase constantly, put artificial cockblocks in for the raiders and lied about them, designed an expansion in EQ for level 70 but didn't expand the cap, basically told people "fuck off and wait for next expansion, you'll be able to play the current one then!"

Good on them for doing shit right with this current EQ alpha though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm not really backing up Graye with this retard fight you two have going on, but if you think SOE hasn't been shitty customer service for the last 15 years, you don't pay attention to them at all. LGE was one big turd they dropped on the star wars nerds. Eq, they lied to their playerbase constantly, put artificial cockblocks in for the raiders and lied about them, designed an expansion in EQ for level 70 but didn't expand the cap, basically told people "fuck off and wait for next expansion, you'll be able to play the current one then!"

Quaid is half retarded though so I wouldn't be to hard on him.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm not really backing up Graye with this retard fight you two have going on, but if you think SOE hasn't been shitty customer service for the last 15 years, you don't pay attention to them at all. LGE was one big turd they dropped on the star wars nerds. Eq, they lied to their playerbase constantly, put artificial cockblocks in for the raiders and lied about them, designed an expansion in EQ for level 70 but didn't expand the cap, basically told people "fuck off and wait for next expansion, you'll be able to play the current one then!"

Heh, was literally just bitching (again) about the whole god exp and the unkillable tunat debacle the other day. (Of course brought on by pantheon and landmark).

Turns out, I'm still mad.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
EQ: Gates of Discord - February 2004
Star Wars NGE - April 2005

The year is 2014. I realize SOE isn't the shining beacon of gaming development, but at some point things CAN change. It's been almost 10 years since NGE, which is a life-time in video game terms. Yes, they fucked up majorly, and have admitted to it repeatedly.

But if people are willing to forgive/forget Brad for Vanguard, then maybe the team heading up SOE these days could *possibly* be a little different.
confused.png

Graye_sl

shitlord
EQ: Gates of Discord - February 2004
Star Wars NGE - April 2005

The year is 2014. I realize SOE isn't the shining beacon of gaming development, but at some point things CAN change. It's been almost 10 years since NGE, which is a life-time in video game terms. Yes, they fucked up majorly, and have admitted to it repeatedly.

But if people are willing to forgive/forget Brad for Vanguard, then maybe the team heading up SOE these days could *possibly* be a little different.
confused.png
That was the basis of my original comment (though SOE's BS didn't end nearly as long ago). The people who chastize one group for "blindly following" and forgiving Brad's transgressions, yet they'd white knight for SOE because of EQN/EQNL.

Obviously some people just get overly butt-hurt when called out or believe it is some affront to their zeal. *shrug*

spronk

FPS noob
this thread should just be about kickass kickstarter projects, like this one
The Dash - Wireless Smart In Ear Headphones by BRAGI LLC. Kickstarter

fuckin A', wireless bluetooth earbuds with 4gb flash and pedometer (NOT WHAT YOU THINK GAIGE), thermometer, tracking, and all kinds of other shit? I'll just wait for some shitty chinese company to make a $50 knockoff though, but I've always wanted a good wireless set of earbuds or headphones so I can keep my phone in my pocket while listening to podcasts and music at the gym.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad posted an update.. This is what I was getting at yesterday.. With where he has been. Figured it wouldn't matter so I didn't bother posting the email. I just PMed some interested folks... Carry on!

Creator Visionary Realms, Inc. 11 minutes ago
Hi all. Quick update:
1. We are NOT giving up on kickstarter by any means.
2. We are setting up a comprehensive web site that will include all of the KS info and the ability to pledge or re-pledge. This will launch when the KS campaign ends, whether KS is successful or not.
3. We have already started preparing to reach out to Investors. We are finalizing some spreadsheets and polishing up the Business Plan. This phase has been planned and will also happen whether or not we meet the KS goal.
-Brad

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
They spent more time on the motion graphics than the game play alpha video. Brad or not, you have to show something better than some college kids group project. Talk is cheap, only one carrying the torch was the artist. At this point I place him with Lucas, the spark that worked is gone or was someone else from the beginning just carefully hide behind the curtain in the palace of the great OZ!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
No, they weren't there foryou. Plenty of people got that same thrill/joy out of beating a raid encounter in WoW. Just because you're a masochist and feel that you should have to constantly get your nuts stomped on randomly, every step of the way, before you can feel a sense of accomplishment, doesn't mean others do. It doesn't cheapen or lessen their enjoyment or sense of accomplishment at all.
I'll agree with that, but I also find it unfortunate. You get that thrill in high end raiding, sure. But outside of raids, that feeling is gone from the DIKU genre. And at this point you even have to say outside of high end raids because raid finder sure isnt thrilling. In that same vein most recent clones never even had it. In Vanilla WoW and TBC you could also experience it in groups and some other content too. But since then? Blizzard has systematically cut away any kind of thrill from the game and made the treadmill ever more apparent through that, with every expansion since TBC. Maybe arena/bg is thrilling too, never was for me.

Graye_sl

shitlord
I'll agree with that, but I also find it unfortunate. You get that thrill in high end raiding, sure. But outside of raids, that feeling is gone from the DIKU genre. And at this point you even have to say outside of high end raids because raid finder sure isnt thrilling. In that same vein most recent clones never even had it. In Vanilla WoW and TBC you could also experience it in groups and some other content too. But since then? Blizzard has systematically cut away any kind of thrill from the game and made the treadmill ever more apparent through that, with every expansion since TBC. Maybe arena/bg is thrilling too, never was for me.
That wasn't from anything I said.
wink.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Brad posted an update.. This is what I was getting at yesterday.. With where he has been. Figured it wouldn't matter so I didn't bother posting the email. I just PMed some interested folks... Carry on!

Creator Visionary Realms, Inc. 11 minutes ago
Hi all. Quick update:
1. We are NOT giving up on kickstarter by any means.
2. We are setting up a comprehensive web site that will include all of the KS info and the ability to pledge or re-pledge. This will launch when the KS campaign ends, whether KS is successful or not.
3. We have already started preparing to reach out to Investors. We are finalizing some spreadsheets and polishing up the Business Plan. This phase has been planned and will also happen whether or not we meet the KS goal.
-Brad
This is another non-update just like all the others. They have given up on the kickstarter otherwise they wouldn't be scurrying around trying to port everything over to the pay to read website, and just like with Vanguard his excuse is the same. Sorry guys I uhh was looking for investors.. derp.. I thought there might be some under the line of blow. About time they polished up some spreadsheets and business plan whatever the fuck that really means. Maybe they should put those things up on the kickstarter they didn't abandon.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Problem is Convo he did abandon the KS site for a over a week. I don't care about what he says they did or didn't do , I care about what he actually is doing. To the public in all appearances he did, and has, given up on the KS. He was incognito for over a week on the actual KS site, and they have been ramping up their own site to get ready for when the KS fails.

That's pretty much the definition of abandoning the KS.