Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
No they intend to keep taking money from fucking idiots who still have faith in them. Once they go off kickstarter they are just going to charge you right away, and these retards are never going to make a game, ever.
I'm pretty sure this is how it all goes down as well. When this fails to fund at KS they plan to go with a method that offers no protection to their "fans". They will start taking money immediately and the end result is going to be nothing. They don't have any investors lined up. He is asking if anyone knows any on twitter for fuck sake. So the thousands they will milk out of the insanely gullible will just end up going in their pockets and there won't be a final product. They can just come back later and say that they tried, and that all the money they got from donations went into paying them for what little work they did do. Easy money when you think about it.

I won't pretend to be concerned about people getting robbed though. I think the people who are acting like they want to save people money are full of shit 99% of the time. If you can't see the writing that is clearly on the wall then you deserve to get taken. Donate to their game, buy a monthly sub to their forums, make regular payments to them over the next year or so because you "believe". It just makes it more hilarious for us when this thing reaches its inevitable end.
wink.png

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
so im examining the mmo landscape, now that pantheon is dead, to see whats out there, as far as begrudgingly checking out eqn landmark. i see this ss,

h4Mjs2a.jpg

and i think to myself 'wow, maybe this will be a cool ass new mmo world to experience. like the first time i ran up the ramp in ek to hph. but then..

FWY4xNK.jpg

nm.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So is it paypal that is responsible for the IRS end of things on donations this size ? (meaning post Kickstarter)

I know my wife buys and sells our daughters expensive clothes using Paypal (she resells them so comes out even and sometimes even makes a few bucks) and has friends that do it also ,of which a couple that actually went over 20k a year on paypal got a 1099 of some sort submitted to the IRS from PayPal. I know he can't take in 200-300k without someone poking their head in from the IRS , just curious if that's the way it works for crowd funding , or is it up to Brad and Co to self report the incoming money when doing it through their own website.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure this is how it all goes down as well. When this fails to fund at KS they plan to go with a method that offers no protection to their "fans". They will start taking money immediately and the end result is going to be nothing. They don't have any investors lined up. He is asking if anyone knows any on twitter for fuck sake. So the thousands they will milk out of the insanely gullible will just end up going in their pockets and there won't be a final product. They can just come back later and say that they tried, and that all the money they got from donations went into paying them for what little work they did do. Easy money when you think about it.

I won't pretend to be concerned about people getting robbed though. I think the people who are acting like they want to save people money are full of shit 99% of the time. If you can't see the writing that is clearly on the wall then you deserve to get taken. Donate to their game, buy a monthly sub to their forums, make regular payments to them over the next year or so because you "believe". It just makes it more hilarious for us when this thing reaches its inevitable end.
wink.png
If their intention is to scam people out of their money then this is the worst run scam ever. Seriously there is no reason to doubt that they intend to make a game and using the Unity engine certainly gives them the tools necessary to make this game for a relatively low budget. However I think rather than trying to take money on their site directly I think they would be better served by trying to try another, much better organized and presented, kickstarter a couple of months from now. They want to have a have smooth transition from kickstarter to post-kickstarter funding but I think they jumped the gun and did that too soon.

Dahkoht, currently it seems that Paypal is the only way they are accepting payments. Myself and others have already expressed concerns in the forums about paypal and how they should seek different payment methods. I got burned by paypal for a serious chunk of money once and wont ever do business with them ever again.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So is it paypal that is responsible for the IRS end of things on donations this size ? (meaning post Kickstarter)

I know my wife buys and sells our daughters expensive clothes using Paypal (she resells them so comes out even and sometimes even makes a few bucks) and has friends that do it also ,of which a couple that actually went over 20k a year on paypal got a 1099 of some sort submitted to the IRS from PayPal. I know he can't take in 200-300k without someone poking their head in from the IRS , just curious if that's the way it works for crowd funding , or is it up to Brad and Co to self report the incoming money when doing it through their own website.
he wont break the 9999 dollar threshold on his website so he shouldnt have to worry about the irs

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Flex since I won't be dropping 500 on KS to Brad and Co , I'm leaning towards catching a GMG coupon and trying ESO online for roughly 40 bucks.

Might was well try a few rounds of PVP there I figure.

And yes I'm a $100 donor to the SOE Ponytail fund , that seems like money well ,well spent compared to buying into this shit. Even if EQL doesn't float your boat ,there's hope they will let folks make their own spheres completely eventually with the full tools, if so , someone's bound to build us our bloodbath scenario where we can pillage and raze the creations also.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
he wont break the 9999 dollar threshold on his website so he shouldnt have to worry about the irs
Dude whatever , he has some serious investors "lined up" , and is making this game 100% certainty even if the Kickstarter doesn't fund , didn't you hear him say that all along? Done deal and all................

gogojira_sl

shitlord
weird landmark stuff
Not sure what you're expecting with Landmark, that shit's going to be all over the place and actively encouraged. SOE would have done itself a favor to remove EQ from the title altogether, Smedley seems to think as much himself. I'll be fucking around in Landmark for a while, but I certainly won't be looking for any form of cohesive epic world experience.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'll be fucking around in Landmark for a while, but I certainly won't be looking for any form of cohesive epic world experience.
Was it ever suppose to be a epic world experience? I haven't kept up on EQN since it was announced, but I thought landmark was just their version of minecraft. Just a tool that people can use to get creative and make silly shit with. If someone makes something amazing SOE might use it in EQN. Am I wrong on that? Landmark and EQN are too different things. If you want to goof around and make shit go play Landmark. If you want to play a high fantasy MMO go play EQN.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Was it ever suppose to be a epic world experience? I haven't kept up on EQN since it was announced, but I thought landmark was just their version of minecraft. Just a tool that people can use to get creative and make silly shit with. If someone makes something amazing SOE might use it in EQN. Am I wrong on that? Landmark and EQN are too different things. If you want to goof around and make shit go play Landmark. If you want to play a high fantasy MMO go play EQN.
Yeah, you're right in all of that. Maybe I worded it weird, but that's the point I was driving at.