Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He sorely needs a real project manager with actual business experience. He has no fucking hope otherwise.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So out of the rest of the team, surely there was someone with more common sense that saw the Kickstarter was not ready and in a terrible state, they can't all be that clueless about day to day things that are easy to grasp.

Why did none of them speak up and tell Brad, this shit sucks, we've got to get a better presentation before launching this thing ?

Brad that controlling where he won't listen to anyone else , or is there a chance all 9 of them didn't see how bad of a Kickstarter this was ?

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
So out of the rest of the team, surely there was someone with more common sense that saw the Kickstarter was not ready and in a terrible state, they can't all be that clueless about day to day things that are easy to grasp.

Why did none of them speak up and tell Brad, this shit sucks, we've got to get a better presentation before launching this thing ?

Brad that controlling where he won't listen to anyone else , or is there a chance all 9 of them didn't see how bad of a Kickstarter this was ?
They are about to make the same mistake with their website.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah , I couldn't help but go and look at it.

They've got the "Champions Lounge" all rev'd up and ready to go for the folks willing to give Brad 15/month on top of whatever money for whatever tier so they can be part of a locked forum subsection only for those paying the extra amount.

My guess is they get maybe 100k or so from folks willing to donate directly there, under 200k for sure.

Combined with having obviously no real investors (you don't tweet out begging for angel investors if you have real prospects) , it means I guess a few of them can live off the money a few months while looking for another job then the thing falls completely apart.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So this is literally a case of the "rich" getting "richer" off the poor schmucks. I mean, that's an outright conjob.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
h5P6RLS.gif

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
You know, he obviously thought throwing up a half-assed Kickstarter site would net him a million just because of his name, it's quite possible he believes if he can get a few bucks to get a very rough early game going that someone is just going to pick them up and fund the rest because of the same.

He got lucky with Smedley/SOE getting EQ going , he may be banking on someone just picking them up the same way.

Obviously not going to happen , but it's not too far out there to say that may really be his "plan".

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
So this is literally a case of the "rich" getting "richer" off the poor schmucks. I mean, that's an outright conjob.
For $30 a month you get time shares at the compound. This is going to end up being a cult. Mushrooms, acoustic guitar, and EQ classic 24/7.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
deep down, i still hope brad finds someone to invest and gets to make this game. i know for me personally, it's probably the only chance i have left to play another MMO, and i've been dying to play another MMO. still need to work on the name though. i just don't like pantheon. it sounds like a shitty GM car.

misery_sl

shitlord
15 bucks to get forum access for discussion about a game that may never even see the light of day, and is at the least 4 years away? What are the incentives again?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
15 bucks to get forum access for discussion about a game that may never even see the light of day, and is at the least 4 years away? What are the incentives again?
Developer roundtables with a bunch of devs who have a history of not listening to their playerbase

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Combined with having obviously no real investors (you don't tweet out begging for angel investors if you have real prospects) , it means I guess a few of them can live off the money a few months while looking for another job then the thing falls completely apart.
Which is extremely dishonest. That is exactly how I think this ends though. They get a few hundred thousand through their private site, split the money and call it a day. They won't ever say that because the law suits would come fast and furious, but they can claim to have "tried their best" and in 6 months publicly scrap the whole project. They can not make this game on even the $800k, and they clearly don't have any real investors. Donating to their private site is literally pissing money away. It will never result in a playable game. At best you get to see some shitastic alpha demo, but even that is probably being very optimistic.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
deep down, i still hope brad finds someone to invest and gets to make this game. i know for me personally, it's probably the only chance i have left to play another MMO, and i've been dying to play another MMO. still need to work on the name though. i just don't like pantheon. it sounds like a shitty GM car.
I hope so too, maybe it will keep you from bitching in every other mmo thread about how you want EQ again :p

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Which is extremely dishonest. That is exactly how I think this ends though. They get a few hundred thousand through their private site, split the money and call it a day. They won't ever say that because the law suits would come fast and furious, but they can claim to have "tried their best" and in 6 months publicly scrap the whole project. They can not make this game on even the $800k, and they clearly don't have any real investors. Donating to their private site is literally pissing money away. It will never result in a playable game. At best you get to see some shitastic alpha demo, but even that is probably being very optimistic.
With the Unity Engine , it will be quite easy for them to put some really basic shit up after a few months and say "hey we tried but ran out of money".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Part of me hopes so too, at first I didn't want people to get scammed out of there money but at this point I hope brad and crew toss in the last $400k just to fraud these people out of their cash. Even more so because we have players in this thread donating more than they have in their own bank accounts. Anyone who loses money on this project at this point deserves what they get.

I am sure they will sucker in the retards by explaining to them that they have to swindle them out of $15.00 a month for the website because it shows the investors proof of concept, and these fuckers will buy that shit like every other line that has been thrown out.