Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

This project did illustrate how nice the Unity stock assets are. :p
Yeah. All kidding aside, the Unity stock images and packs do look really amazing. Game design is nothing like it was back in 1999. I really hope that Unity leads to a lot of indie game makers out there coming up with some really awesome stuff in the near future.

DarkMatter

Trakanon Raider
Unity is awesome as a dev tool. For the record, they are using the assets about as mundanely and badly as you possibly can. The time it would take to clean up some of those scenes is less than a day.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
That is not because of KS, that is because of the studio Double Fine.
true, but my opinion was more about what a competent person/studio can accomplish using kickstarter to finance a project. i didn't KS broken age (in fact, until a few days ago i never heard of it), but i just bought it for $25.00 and it was worth every penny (even though right now the game is only half finished, but you do get the second half of the game for free). going forward, i'd be more open to donating to money to a KS; whereas before i was totally against it. this game also shows what a train wreck brad's KS was.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Convo,
Do you know if Brad is going to do another AMA? like he said or has everything changed now? Its sad cause i got the impression they were working on something for the end of the Kickstarter, but seems that was just wishful thinking.
There was another mentioned. I don't think it was planned before the KS ended tho.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The one planned was the one where something went wrong, posted the wrong place so people couldn't see it, and it was a dud, basically.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It will be very interesting to see what they are doing in the next few hours. Will we get a good update? Will they finally cancel the KS? Will they even show up at the KS page today?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It will be very interesting to see what they are doing in the next few hours. Will we get a good update? Will they finally cancel the KS? Will they even show up at the KS page today?
i'm sure the VR employees are already waiting in the parking lot.
smile.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's ironic now is their own die-hard insane KS backers are burying the KS, since they continue to reference how they can't wait to go to the website, etc. People are afraid they are going to 'double-pledge' so they are pulling their KS pledge.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Wow I go to sleep and I miss all the drama from last night. That interview video, not really much to say. That fact that he doesn't know one thing about Dark Knight yet he's got the word 'creative' in his title tells you all you need to know about this 'attempt at making a game'. I really and truly believe that this group of 10 people, this team that calls themselves VRI is really nothing of the sort. It's just 10 scattered people that are just coming up with things piecemeal, passes it by Brad and then posts it on the KS. There is zero communication between them, no team meetings, nothing like that. So one person comes up with one class, passes the idea (read that again, idea) by Brad and you now have a class in Pantheon with nothing behind it (detail, mechanics, etc).

The saddest thing beyond all this, beyond all the trolling and the jokes is that I do think they want to make a game. But at this point this is not any different than me posting on here that I want to make a game and 10 of us start corresponding by PM's and just start throwing ideas out. There is no cohesiveness to this.
Pretty much a spot on post. I don't think anyone is talking to each other. There is no communication at all. Feels like Brad is just racing around crapping shit out and tossing it on the kickstarter, and it appears none of the people "working" on this project even check the updates page before doing interviews. This whole thing is so mismanaged a first year college student is more organized then anyone on the Pantheon team.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That Dayna dude on the Kickstarter is an idiot. They really believe we're actively trying to make the Kickstarter fail on ReRolled.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
New update, guys! On how magic works in Terminus.

Do they have people just working cluelessly on the project who don't realize the KS is a fucking nightmare at this point, not only for itself, but for the future of Pantheon. Seriously, this is devs blindly working their way toward the parking lot at this point. And in Vanguard, Brad knew they were getting the axe and let them keep working toward their doom. Same thing seems to be happening. A token update on magic as a 48 hour push as the KS lays dying on the floor without a single word on its status.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
New update, guys! On how magic works in Terminus.

Do they have people just working cluelessly on the project who don't realize the KS is a fucking nightmare at this point, not only for itself, but for the future of Pantheon. Seriously, this is devs blindly working their way toward the parking lot at this point.And in Vanguard, Brad knew they were getting the axe and let them keep working toward their doom.Same thing seems to be happening. A token update on magic as a 48 hour push as the KS lays dying on the floor without a single word on its status.
That doesn't happen in every company that lays people off too... they usually give you 6 months warning. Just terrible !

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the KS total keeps dropping. -$2836 now. What a crazy ride this thread has been - will the mods rickshaw this bitch once it goes tits-up?