Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
So the KS total keeps dropping. -$2836 now. What a crazy ride this thread has been - will the mods rickshaw this bitch once it goes tits-up?
I don't think I've seen another Kickstarter with multiple negative days.

rrr_img_60663.png

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
At a company with 100 employees that was the brainchild of a game dev who was the vision behind a company he started with his own money.... That's not like some random CEO at the top of a giant corporation.

shabushabu, are you really qwerty?
It was a CEO with a documented substance abuse problem and you are surprised he was not there ? Seriously i am sure SOE HR wouldn't let him be there at that point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Suddenly Sigil was the equivalent of giant corporation?

Brad himself claims feeling guilty for not being there until the end. He wasn't just some CEO in his ivory tower who got a job. He was the founder of a game studio using his own money and vision to build a dream. For fuck sake we really debating this dumb shit.

He's a loser who, right now, has a track record of failing and abandoning projects he starts for selfish reasons.
You have no fucking clue dude. show me one CEO that ever laid off his workers. It does not happen.

Also these days they do not give you a warning. Because they did that in the past and workers went in and destroyed assets/data, corrupted data bases and shit. It only takes one fucker with bad intent because he feels wronged (and what worker does not feel wronged when laid off?) to go in, pissed off, and destroy what the entire company was working on for years. Or at least fuck up some shit to set them back in a major way.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It was a CEO with a documented substance abuse problem and you are surprised he was not there ? Seriously i am sure SOE HR wouldn't let him be there at that point.
I'm not surprised he wasn't there.

And unless you're saying it's normal for all CEOs (a term that is bullshit for a single game studio working on a single game anyhow) to have substance abuse problems and that it's normal they're not even around as people get laid off by others entirely... then, umm, I forgot you don't have an ability to understand perfectly comprehensible English, so I'll stop.

SOE HR wouldn't LET him be there! Shit, if that were the case, Brad would be repeating that every chance he got, not saying he felt guilty that he was in a dark place and couldn't handle it all.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The comments are just crazy... i cant understand why no one from VRI at least shows up and tries to moderate things a bit... i wouldnt want people accusing my project of violating KS rules / hating on each other in my KS comments section.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You have no fucking clue dude. show me one CEO that ever laid off his workers. It does not happen.

Also these days they do not give you a warning. Because they did that in the past and workers went in and destroyed assets/data, corrupted data bases and shit. It only takes one fucker with bad intent because he feels wronged (and what worker does not feel wronged when laid off?) to go in, pissed off, and destroy what the entire company was working on for years. Or at least fuck up some shit to set them back in a major way.
So, you're saying Sigil was just your typical large corporation with a CEO so far removed he wouldn't be expected to be there when half the company got fired and was sold before he was kept on as little more than a creative consultant. And that people would have sabatoged Vanguard so they could not only have a failed game to explain on their resume, but accusations of corporate sabotage!

Well played, sir.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would feel pretty bad about my life if I had "cracked" under the failure of a vaporware MMO I was interested in. It reminds me of kentucky basketball fans. I grew up there and went there for undergrad and I would never lose sleep, cry, or crack over their games and I've watched 50 year old men have high blood pressure and lose their fucking mind over decisions made by 20 year olds. This is the same boat.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm not surprised he wasn't there.

And unless you're saying it's normal for all CEOs (a term that is bullshit for a single game studio working on a single game anyhow) to have substance abuse problems and that it's normal they're not even around as people get laid off by others entirely... then, umm, I forgot you don't have an ability to understand perfectly comprehensible English, so I'll stop.

SOE HR wouldn't LET him be there! Shit, if that were the case, Brad would be repeating that every chance he got, not saying he felt guilty that he was in a dark place and couldn't handle it all.
Dood, SOE bought the company and owned the IP and was retaining much of the staff. Brad was in loose canon mode at that time, anyone at SOE would have said STAY THE FUCK AWAY as not to taint shit further.. and HR would have held his package and/or the sale over his head should he do anything else, he was out, SOE was in. Are you like super young or something ? I am not trying to insult you it just seems a lot of what seems obvious to me is not to you... I don't want to stir up anymore shit at all. I am leaving the thread anyway it was a fun ride.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
If you expected Brad and Co. to bring the next MMO, then you deserve all the vitriol. What's that maxim? Those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it? Yeaaa...

I wanted to see it fail and was quite adamant, because my memory is not that short. Pledging into this was just an idiotic move. You KNEW it going in - that doesn't mean people should be assholes, but I mean...someone has to save you from yourself.
I prefer to give someone a chance I guess, which I did, and they embarassed themselves to incredible levels with that chance. So no money from me, they blew it. But pulling an Ut and calling failure before we knew everything like their awesome KS presentation or 24/7 community dialogue was premature.Now(or as of a few weeks ago actually) it's quite justified.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I prefer to give someone a chance I guess, which I did, and they embarassed themselves to incredible levels with that chance. So no money from me, they blew it. But pulling an Ut and calling failure before we knew everything like their awesome KS presentation or 24/7 community dialogue was premature.Now(or as of a few weeks ago actually) it's quite justified.
Yep. We all knew it was likely to end badly, but were willing to wait and see on the off chance they could surprise us.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Their biggest mistake was not screening the KS page with rerolled (or at least a small focus group) before launching. I'm 100% positive that if the had gone that direction, this thing would be looking at meeting stretch goals instead of failing.

The stretch goals... pledge tiers... 'SLASH!'... Stock unity assets... layout... Intro video...

That shit never would have gotten a pass from this community, and the KS would have been better for it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Their biggest mistake was not screening the KS page with rerolled (or at least a small focus group) before launching. I'm 100% positive that if the had gone that direction, this thing would be looking at meeting stretch goals instead of failing.
Well pretty much everyone here told them to pull it and restart after they launched.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

The stretch goals... pledge tiers... 'SLASH!'... Stock unity assets... layout... Intro video...

That shit never would have gotten a pass from this community, and the KS would have been better for it.
It's like when you're having a baby, you go to the crudest asshole friend you have to run names by. If they can easily mock it, you find something else, or that kid will be mocked growing up! :p