rrr_img_61769.jpg
Pantheon urinal cake?

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I dunno.. Seems pretty clear here.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Sign-up

What is your question?
That link takes me here:

rrr_img_61770.jpg

And then I didn't know where to go first of all to even PLEDGE. I clicked "Support" but that was for website support. I finally clicked "Shop", even though that conjured up images of merchandise. So there were the pledges, do none of them grant forum access? Then I see a link to subs at the top of the shop page, I think?
But then it doesn't tell me what the subs are FOR. Just forum access?? There's no descriptions. Why are there one time subscription fees IF any of the pledges also grant you forum access? because the pledges offer more stuff, like digital copies of game, etc?? I was just confused.
rrr_img_61771.jpg

But I remembered seeing it in a chart or something before. So finally it occurred to me to log out. And then I see a totally different web page with everything I was looking for. Why do I have to log out to see that. They should be tempting people to upgrade, but instead it's like once you sign up, they take away any reminder of paying or pledges. I can't even see the running total when I'm logged in.

I guess to get forum access, I either donate $100+ or pay $15/mo? Is that the gist of it??

Seriously Convo, I promise I'm not trolling. I am still very interested in Pantheon (just don't tell Merlin lol).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Log out and click the signup link at the top of the page next to log in. It should give you the list. I agree, as a member the shop is a mess and I said it myself.. I posted about it before.. I'll post again. I know Tom is swamped with some fixes.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Was listening to the webcast in the background. Here is what they talked about:

--KS sucked and they should have done it differently.

--They have an awesome development team.

--Website design is the key thing for them. In fact this is only real development they talked about. News things to come...guess what all website and donating money stuff.

--Oh and get this, they said that they will be bringing in people from their subscriber base to develop the game for them. So in another words, their awesome dev team cannot really get the work done, so they are counting on the people paying them to do the work.

--Then they answered a few questions about game stuff, but nothing really important.

That's all I got, I stopped listening cause it was rather boring. What a total joke.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider

--Website design is the key thing for them. In fact this is only real development they talked about. News things to come...guess what all website and donating money stuff.

--Oh and get this, they said that they will be bringing in people from their subscriber base to develop the game for them. So in another words, their awesome dev team cannot really get the work done, so they are counting on the people paying them to do the work.

--Then they answered a few questions about game stuff, but nothing really important.

That's all I got, I stopped listening cause it was rather boring. What a total joke.

So in a sense, they are going to outsource their own IP?

Hmmm, that never goes wrong!

iannis

Musty Nester
Just the fact they have so many poorly ordered brackets is itself bad web design.

But hey, when this falls through in a week maybe they can pick up some work doing federal healthcare websites.

iannis

Musty Nester
No doubt, but I do think we've hit rock bottom. I can't think of a single thing that Brad could do at this point to make it more halfassed, scammish, or scumfucky. He could write a 200 pagemanifestoApprentice Developer Manual, get it self published, sell it on craigslist for $75 a pop and still not come off any worse. That might even be a step up because he would be providing the physical evidence of some sort of work at that point -- even if he made one of his adoring fans write the thing for him.

It's not that there's nowhere to go but up from rock bottom. A person can stay at rock bottom forever.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Other than the man himself , is there anyone in that garage not actively looking for a real job and will jump ship immediately if any real work is offered ?

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, here's a guy telling us why we should sign up and how great the website is. Honestly, listening to him it makes it sound like they are putting more effort into creating this honey pot of a website than the game itself. How far down Brad's fucking rabbit hole are these people willing to go??

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ooh Pantheon urinal cakes! I hope they dont just limit these to supporters. Everyone should have a chance to pee on Pantheon.
cool.png
This one time at a bowling alley this little 4 year old walked in to the restroom and started eating a urinal cake, I had the unpleasant duty of following him back to his Dad and telling him. Why am I reading this thread...

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I don't think they are even in game development at all. I think they may be experimenting with some things in Unity and perhaps trying to flesh out concepts but as far as actual game development, I don't think they are doing any of that, hence no answers on anything relating to the game itself. They are just wanting money and are doing anything they can to get it. And until they get that money (hell of a lot more than they've raised so far) it's probably going to stay that way. The team continues to fail the same way they did in the KS. They haven't figured out by now that they are not going to get a substantial amount of money without something tangible that pertains to the 'game'.