Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think he's done all but 3 pieces of art for the project. I've questioned his commitment privately to Brad in the past. I felt like the team was struggling during the KS and some Art could of really helped them out. It never came and it was frustrating to watch. No idea what his deal is now...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If he's done all but three, then isn't he the most prolific of the team? Did you mean to phrase that differently?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think he's done all but 3 pieces of art for the project. I've questioned his commitment privately to Brad in the past. I felt like the team was struggling during the KS and some Art could of really helped them out. It never came and it was frustrating to watch. No idea what his deal is now...
Hopefully it's good riddance to bad rubbish.

The lack of compelling art really contributed to the 'bland' feeling I got from the KS campaign.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
James did the original Oranthel drawing, the crypt drawing and that recent frozen castle. I think that's it (maybe the map, I guess). I don't think his work is bad, he was just always absent which certainly shouldn't be someone heading art. The other good art was that Deviant Art guy, some of which (maybe all) was recycled from the past.

Other people did the equipment, character and icon art which is pretty bad.

I think it's pretty obvious what's happening. I think it's been pretty obvious.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh okay. So it was his art that was actually good then. Still, he never produced anywhere near enough of it to justify his 'back pay', and if he is indeed art 'director' some of the shit he let pass by his desk was fucking awful.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Totally agree. The idea of back pay for anything Kickstarter related is a load of shit anyways and is one of the many reasons I pulled any pledge I had toward the game. You're pitching an idea for a project you believe in, developing that pitch doesn't come out of my pocket.

They can keep showing the Sunken Sanctum from 700 different angles with a new texture pack, but it's obvious that's all they've got. In reality, it's an unpopulated shell. Nothing ever lines up or makes sense with this project. Distant Kickstarter goals are now all magically in. Races that weren't even in the pitch are now in. It's hard to comprehend how there are people not seeing this for what it is.

I'd love to hear what people on the team are actually saying behind closed doors right now.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Totally agree. The idea of back pay for anything Kickstarter related is a load of shit anyways and is one of the many reasons I pulled any pledge I had toward the game. You're pitching an idea for a project you believe in, developing that pitch doesn't come out of my pocket.

They can keep showing the Sunken Sanctum from 700 different angles with a new texture pack, but it's obvious that's all they've got. In reality, it's an unpopulated shell. Nothing ever lines up or makes sense with this project. Distant Kickstarter goals are now all magically in. Races that weren't even in the pitch are now in. It's hard to comprehend how there are people not seeing this for what it is.

I'd love to hear what people on the team are actually saying behind closed doors right now.
When this inevitably crashes and burns, I hope we get some vitriol-filled write-ups from some of the devs like we saw after Vanguard.

Ephemeros_sl

shitlord
The art and quality reminds me of League of Legends before it blew up and then they hired better artists and expanded.

rrr_img_63577.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
When this inevitably crashes and burns, I hope we get some vitriol-filled write-ups from some of the devs like we saw after Vanguard.
I expect that this time they're all in on the con. If you get anything like that it will be shame-induced and an addendum to a resume. "It wasn't me! This guy... I trusted this guy!" Where as with vanguard it did at least have the veneer of a professional enterprise -- and its credible that some people hired on, walked in the doors, and went, "What. The. Fuck."

This time it's just so obvious from the outside that all it is is a conjob to begin with that it's hard to imagine any true believers on the inside.

I mean actually on the inside. Not the "apprentice developer" nonsense.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
We'll never get the inside scoop because when Brad finally admits the truth of this con-job it'll hopefully be at an NA meeting and the 'anonymous' aspect of Narcotics Anonymous should be respected, guys.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
James did the original Oranthel drawing, the crypt drawing and that recent frozen castle. I think that's it (maybe the map, I guess). I don't think his work is bad, he was just always absent which certainly shouldn't be someone heading art. The other good art was that Deviant Art guy, some of which (maybe all) was recycled from the past.

Other people did the equipment, character and icon art which is pretty bad.

I think it's pretty obvious what's happening. I think it's been pretty obvious.
I kinda assumed the frozen castle was recycled too. You think he drew that specifically for Pantheon? Hey, maybe he did. I wouldn't know, obviously, but I can totally see him flipping through his portfolio and going "eeeehhhh yea this will work".

Also, on Braid's fb there was a discussion about twinking and mudflation happening and Brad was like "Why isn't anyone on pantheonrotf discussing this?" errr bc we can talk about it for free on fb? and then he was: "Let's move all further discussion to pantheonrotf" and linked his blog. There were like 80+ comments on fb... like 17 on the blog he linked.. again...yea bc we can discuss it for free on fb and there was nothing better to do...But if I have to PAY you to talk about it? Eh, nah. Does he really not understand that?

Also, in contrast, on the fb thread, people were actually DISCUSSING it. On his site it was more like "oh yes Brad, that sounds wonderful" "Oh Brad, you're a genius" "Oh Brad, whatever you say, we concur!" etc etc and yea I exaggerate but only a little. How is that beneficial to his "process"?
:/

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha I can tell you that's now how the twink conversation went down on the site. Brad got challenged on it. I personally wanted it so I just said more like EQ and moved on.. Not sure why he said what he said on FB, prob to get people to site...people brought up twinking. Brad responded with a small blurb on it, he got some negative feedback and he went on to write the blog.

As for the art. It was made for pantheon.