Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wonder what they would have done with 800k . . . I guess many of us got off easy here.
I had a pledge in on the kickstarter for $300 at one point during the first week of launch... I don't think ill even consider backing a kickstarter ever again.

Way too much risk involved.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'll continue to back Kickstarters I believe in, I've had some great games come my way. I backed out of this when nothing added up.

It's risky, but can be quite awesome. Playing it safe is probably the smartest though, let others make the dream happen (or not).

The office was acquired I'm almost certain, maybe he tweeted about it. It should be on record somewhere.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So they blew through 150k already? How fucking much back pay did he give those guys for jack shit worth of work? He really had zero fucking business heading up a project or having any responsibility what so ever with actually spending money.

I wonder how much this could kill his future employment chances in the industry. After this fiasco I wouldn't want his name attached to anything my company was doing. Feel bad for the people who dedicated time and money to this.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
So they blew through 150k already? How fucking much back pay did he give those guys for jack shit worth of work? He really had zero fucking business heading up a project or having any responsibility what so ever with actually spending money.

I wonder how much this could kill his future employment chances in the industry. After this fiasco I wouldn't want his name attached to anything my company was doing. Feel bad for the people who dedicated time and money to this.
I am forced to agree with Abe here... The vitriol on here was insane and I thought it was unwarranted but maybe you guys saw something I didn't.. I mean, i get they are "trying funding options" and such but they just took the 150 and halted. What I do not get is where the money from the site is now going ? I thought your 15/month was going to development of the game...

Hopefully those on the site get smart and cancel their paying for nothing.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Honestly, anyone who gave Brad money via the web site deserves to be ripped off. Which of the dozen or so red flags didn't they see? Nothing about the Kickstarter instilled any faith in me whatsoever and I was a huge Brad supporter when this started. But the level of incompetence was astounding. If it could be fucked up, Brad fucked it up. Ignored advice, suggestions, and just plowed ahead at full speed while 100 people on this site was screaming at him to stop and rethink. Hes either that fucking stupid or the entire thing was a fucking scam. There is no way he could possibly be that fucking stupid. No way. Its physically impossible.

Isn't it?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Shame that they managed to steal as much as they did. Still though it could of been MUCH worse. I would of been angry if they managed to con the $800,000 they wanted out of people. At least this way they only really got a small pay out. Those assholes don't deserve a nice 6 digit pay out each for doing fuck all. Paying yourself back for work done on a Kickstarter? Go fuck yourselves.
rolleyes.png

How salty are the tears in the "apprentice developer" section? Or is it still blind faith and asking what more they can do/give?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
this thread should be rickshawed like the other... lets not give them anymore press IMO.. that ship has sailed.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Does Shroud of the Avatar have an office? They raised 4mil over the first year, and seem to do a lot of stuff via conference call.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, anyone who gave Brad money via the web site deserves to be ripped off.
This, a hundred times over. If you gave money after the cluster that was the Kickstarter, you deserve to be fleeced.

Speaking of the Kickstarter, has Brad even bothered to grace us with his presence since?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not sure this really surprises anyone even with the "WTF how did they spend that much money in a month" posts. Brad honestly still believes he knows how to run a company and is a capable CEO. He lives in a world as far removed from reality as the games he is trying to make. They should cast him as Brad Bluth in the next season of Arrested Development.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hope we have some people who have some really awesome 'convos' on the paid forum to enjoy. That's about all that is left of this scam. I don't blame his 'staff' for moving on though. The gravy train dried up. hope none of the 'associate developers' think their work will be used anywhere though.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure this really surprises anyone even with the "WTF how did they spend that much money in a month" posts. Brad honestly still believes he knows how to run a company and is a capable CEO. He lives in a world as far removed from reality as the games he is trying to make. They should cast him as Brad Bluth in the next season of Arrested Development.
Must have been all that back pay, for thinking up a kickstarter LOL

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I would not be surprised if we saw another crowd funding push in a year or so. I have a suspicion that a good portion of the money collected has gone towards ensuring Brad & Salim don't have to get day jobs for the next little while. I predict that over the next 12 months they are gonna continue to dick around in Unity and cobble something 'showable' for the next Kickstarter campaign where they ask for $250,000.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Must have been all that back pay, for thinking up a kickstarter LOL
It was. These guys actually took peoples money for doing LESS then what other kickstarters showed off for free. In fact far as I can tell they STILL don't have fuck all to show off. So they not only "paid themselves back" for doing nothing, they went ahead and continued to do nothing of worth while the money slowly came in. It is really quite disgusting.