Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

kanak32_sl

shitlord
just reporting what I know and passing to the folks here. I could easily bail out of this thread as well with the info, but that's not what we do here.

People may disagree with what I'm saying, but I'm pretty confident it's true.
I understand, I more meant that you do more to make the game visible than the people responsible for it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So nothing that should have taken a month or 160k dollars. That shit in Unity takes days at most.
People are questioning the money. It was even asked in the interview.

What I think happen, and I said this earlier, is the direction switched from full on production to we need to make a demo. Brad said that wasn't the case, but that's how I feel looking from the outside in.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I hope not a single person involved with this scam ever finds a job in the game industry again. This entire process has been one long chain of abuse against those foolish enough to trust Brad again. Brad and Salim should be consigned to burger flipping for the rest of their lives because it's painfully obvious they're not to be trusted with anything more creatively taxing than stacking a Big Mac. What's worse about this is they're still trying to string people along by dangling that thin thread of hope in their faces.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
People are questioning the money. It was even asked in the interview.

What I think happen, and I said this earlier, is the direction switched from full on production to we need to make a demo. Brad said that wasn't the case, but that's how I feel looking from the outside in.
The money still raises some serious concern. I'm going to guess what's being paid back to the workers as "industry standard" is minimal for all but a couple of people. Where did the $160,000 go? I mean, they only just landed that money and it's been spent. I wanna see the receipts.

If it was used to pay off a bunch of bills and past debt, whoever managed that did about the most corrupt bullshit imaginably. The demo, which from what I gather does exist in a very early form, didn't magically absorb that money unless they went shopping for every available comic book text on the Unity store.

If I had any money in this at all, I'd demand an analysis of what was spent where. It wouldn't bring any results, but these people should be screaming for answers.

I've got a pretty good idea of how this all happened, and I think some good people are getting screwed in the process with the ugly stain that is this whole blotched campaign.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vu posted some screens of it.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Blog View - More Polish on the New Sunken Sanctum Entrance

I know the layout of it and how much it shows. At this point. it's really not worth it because unless they show it, nobody will believe them. But I really have no problem saying it exist. I just don't think it was completed to the level of some of the teams satisfaction. Just my opinion..
That's stuff they've started while the KS was going on (remember the first twitch interview with Vu?). So Salim saying they had this 'demo'/prototype or whatever else you want to call it pre-KS is a load of shit. It took like 10 days before the first Sunken Sanctum screenshot was even shown (remember the first rough dungeon layout?). Vu said in that first twitch stream that he was just screwing around with the assets at the time anyway. All those pictures show are a more fleshed out scene (the same one btw) that was in the first twitch stream.

I agree with you that they probably saw how the KS was going and figured, we better get something better out there but there is no freaking way the whole 160K paid for that. And yet no one should be surprised. He couldn't manage 30 million from MS, obviously 160k is too much for him as well.

kudos

<Banned>
Believing anything these morons say without visual proof is the stupidest thing someone could do. Enough with saying they have a demo. No they don't. Just stop.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Believing anything these morons say without visual proof is the stupidest thing someone could do. Enough with saying they have a demo. No they don't. Just stop.
I believe there's a Unity thing that allows you to look at the hollow castle they've shown a few times. Using the word demo very loosely here.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Curses. I loaded rerolled to non MMO section did a scan and thought this one got shawed
frown.png

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Serious question: how did Brad ever get EQ off the ground? I mean, that seems to be the only useful line on his resume. Was it luck that EQ took off (right place at right time)? Did he have a stronger team supporting him?
Sony span Verant/989 off because they were convinced it was Smed's useless friends hoovering up cash for bullshit. Then it turns out that ripping off Sojourn/TorilMUD, bolting on a 3d engine, and replacing the setting with Bill Trost's D&D campaign world was actually going to make money. (Mainly because it was the DAWN OF THE INTERNET ERA and the only competition in this space was Battle Royale/The Hunger Games in isometrics sprites and a weird non-3d-accelerated odd (non-traditional) fantasy world. But still).

So they (eventually) brought it back in-house again. Then Brad 'left' shortly thereafter.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quote from Brad the man.

"Thank you Oberson. Making an MMO does take a lot of time -- 3 years for EQ, 5 years for Vanguard, and the plan for Pantheon being 3 years once we're able to offer full time employment and an office.

The crowd-funding we did to bring us to this state, where we have a solid business plan, term sheet, and demo/prototype. We made every effort to be up front with that and, seriously, I don't think anyone ever believed the entire game could be made from crowdfunding.

So, again, the good news is that the crowd-funding was used to get us poised to reach out to investors (something we've been already doing for more than a month, but without the ability to provide potential investors with the information they really need and want). We acheived what we publicy set out to achieve.

The bummer is that there is not more money to that development could continue forward; instead, it's in 'hybernation' mode, ready to be turned back on as soon as funding is secured.

It's hard to hear that, and it breaks my heart and I know disappoints a lot of people. I feel that too. But I also remain optimistic and I am a huge believer in Pantheon and that a significant group of MMO players are out there, wanting this game to be made. So I'm not giving up, and hopefully you guys won't either.

keepin' it real,

-Brad "

The devs are all looking for new work. If this even gets funded its going to be a completely different team lol.