Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if they will change the website-frontpage... it still tells people they are in "full-on-dev-mode". Thats at least misleading if not an outright lie to get more money...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
K tam says
"Also you need to remember the money via paypal went directly to Brad and not to VRI as the e-mail accepting the money was his personal Pantheon e-mail account and NOT a VRI Account. There would be a gray area there as to who or which entity would be responsible.

Only if you feel strongly should you go this route. Paypal has a 45 day dispute policy, which depending on when you sent your money in after the Kick Starter, would have expired any time between the first week of the month and a few days ago for the majority of purchases. You may be out of luck."

I did not verify this but that's some timing on brads part of true
smile.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
K tam says
"Also you need to remember the money via paypal went directly to Brad and not to VRI as the e-mail accepting the money was his personal Pantheon e-mail account and NOT a VRI Account. There would be a gray area there as to who or which entity would be responsible.

Only if you feel strongly should you go this route. Paypal has a 45 day dispute policy, which depending on when you sent your money in after the Kick Starter, would have expired any time between the first week of the month and a few days ago for the majority of purchases. You may be out of luck."

I did not verify this but that's some timing on brads part of true
smile.png
The small irony in this is KTAM was a strong supporter of this project, even put up a 24 hour 'pledge drive' in the final hours of the KS in the small hope it would reach goal. Looks like reality hit them in the face.

Lets be real, this project was dead about 10 days into the KS when it became highly obvious they were making shit up as they go and donations were grinding to a halt. Once it became obvious that they weren't forthcoming on a lot of things (working since September on what?) and then actually admitted they were showing everything they had (which I guess is a lie if Salim is saying they had a demo pre-KS), anyone with 2 brain cells checked out. Of course they weren't going to do another KS after the first one failed because the 2nd one would of also and they (Brad) wouldn't be able to get any money via that route. So instead they set it up on the website so that way they could 'backpay' people. This is very definition of swindling money out of people any way you can. Then you had crazy people spending real money on virtual stuff that will never see the light of day. You had 'subscriptions' for the honor of posting on a website for a game that will not exist.

For all these people who donated, next time go to Vegas, you'll get better odds there.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
ROFL, I agree but in Brads case I can see why he needs money. Well, money for designing a game, not money to make his NSX payments. Garriott is another thing. Your dropping millions and millions to fly to space for shits and giggles and then beg the gaming community for cash to make a game? That's fucking beyond insulting. But they gave hand over fist so what do I know.
No dude, if he was a passionate designer all these docs would have already been completed (as early drafts)beforethe kickstarter even launched. He doesn't need money to design a game.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Ryan said: Brad I hope you're reading this right now. See the above post, 8:15 an hour just so you go enjoy your dirt bike racing in wonderful San Diego."

"I peronsally know that the team, including me, used the money to pay down bills and keep above water during the long stretch (most since Aug/Sept of last year) of being otherwise unemployed.

I'm personally liquidating lots off stuff, including possibly motorcycles, so I can stay afloat long enough for us to gain funding.

I guess, bottom line, is that nobody is off playing with toys bought from the money we were able to pay them, which was most certainly under industry standard anyway.

If you're just venting because you're disappointed, well, we are disappointed to (albeit still hopeful indeed), so I understand.

That said, if you're trying to cause trouble and dissent, please do it somewhere else -- it's not welcome here.

-Brad"

Sorry, I enjoy this kind of thing

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
The level of defense going on at the website is insane. The majority(the 20 that still post) are still behind Brad. Can non subs read the forums? It's worth it if you can.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sad when all this other trash gets kickstarted, but they can't get a new "old school MMO" funded. I guess MMORPG's truly are fucking dead.

Tenks

Pretty sad when all this other trash gets kickstarted, but they can't get a new "old school MMO" funded. I guess MMORPG's truly are fucking dead.
Yeah which is why I'm still so confused by the amount of jacking off in this thread that the project bombed so hard. Sure it seemed to be mis-managed but the concept at a fundamental level seemed to be what people have been screaming to get. I'll never understand people basking in someone's failure. At least Brad stuck his neck out there even if it didn't go so well.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah which is why I'm still so confused by the amount of jacking off in this thread that the project bombed so hard. Sure it seemed to be mis-managed but the concept at a fundamental level seemed to be what people have been screaming to get. I'll never understand people basking in someone's failure. At least Brad stuck his neck out there even if it didn't go so well.
I disagree, coming into a project that many of us are passionate about it one thing, but he came in completely unprepared and lied about at least a few things on record. If this was done intelligently and honestly, it would be a different story if it failed. At least from me

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You have to be pretty retarded not to understand what happened. We all wanted an old school indy mmo. Most of us saw early on that this project was a bullshit money grab by a con-man. We spent months trying to convince people that it was a con in the face of retard fanbois arguing the whole way that "at a fundamental level seemed to be what people have been screaming to get." so we should fund it even if we really don't trust brad. So now we are enjoying our schadenfreude at the projects failure and the fact that a bunch of the idiots who couldn't admit the project was a con now lost money.

Tenks

You have to be pretty retarded not to understand what happened. We all wanted an old school indy mmo. Most of us saw early on that this project was a bullshit money grab by a con-man. We spent months trying to convince people that it was a con in the face of retard fanbois arguing the whole way that "at a fundamental level seemed to be what people have been screaming to get." so we should fund it even if we really don't trust brad. So now we are enjoying our schadenfreude at the projects failure and the fact that a bunch of the idiots who couldn't admit the project was a con now lost money.
A bunch? I think Convo was really the only one championing the game. I know I didn't invest in the game but I never kick start anything so that isn't something new. I'm just surprised so many people seem genuinely happy it failed.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
A bunch? I think Convo was really the only one championing the game. I know I didn't invest in the game but I never kick start anything so that isn't something new. I'm just surprised so many people seem genuinely happy it failed.
You don't remember well then. For the first month of the KS atleast most posters in this thread were pro-brad. The first few weeks were a circle jerk about how to make the KS better and how to get the word out. Then as evidence started to mount that it was all a scam it shifted slowly to being negative.

bayr_sl

shitlord
This was forum was incredibly pro-Pantheon. You guys were practically astroturfing for brad and getting into flamewars on mmo-champion and shit