Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
A bunch? I think Convo was really the only one championing the game. I know I didn't invest in the game but I never kick start anything so that isn't something new. I'm just surprised so many people seem genuinely happy it failed.
Schadenfreude will always be an element in play in these situations, but I don't really see all that many people genuinely taking part in it in this thread. I think it's more of a "I told you so" than actually being happy that Brad failed or that people are being disappointed.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
We had some cautious optimists in the original thread. That optimism was lost once the KS launched with not much of anything to show. It pretty much said "we make hard mmo okay? You give money now!"

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
This was forum was incredibly pro-Pantheon. You guys were practically astroturfing for brad and getting into flamewars on mmo-champion and shit
Which makes it all the more hilarious when the fanatics blame all Pantheon's problems on "those devil trolls of pure evil and lies known as Rerolled!!!"

This site was THE VERY FIRST PLACE BRAD POSTED LOOKING FOR HELP! People here were onboard and excited. I signed up here to participate myself. However, as the KS progressed, it soon became clear that there was literally nothing to support. No work had been done. They were showing reused assets from some failed Pirate game and generic Unity screens.

Then when it failed, and moved to the unsecured "Just give us money, close your eyes, and think happy thoughts mode," the worm turned and those who could see how shady this shit was just stated the obvious.

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem is too many old farts here and too much experience.

It's alot harder to con someone that has seen the world and can read the writing on the walls.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was willing to put about $750 towards the game. Which is a fairly large chunk for me (graduate student), but yeah... you could smell the shit rotting miles away. How anyone was conned into this I really don't know.

Then again, I'm surrounded by all you jaded fucks, so perhaps I'm jaded at the ripe old age of 24. Fuck you, faggots.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
That video, holy shit man.
omg... I was waiting for him to pull out a revolver and end it.

32:40 - 34:15, we get an implied shout out ::brofist::

;TLDR - if we open our website to the public (sans subscription), we need gestapo moderators to ensure that nobody shit talks the game or me, so that everyone can continue to circlejerk and convince the community at large that we actually have something worth continuing to burn money for

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You don't remember well then. For the first month of the KS atleast most posters in this thread were pro-brad. The first few weeks were a circle jerk about how to make the KS better and how to get the word out. Then as evidence started to mount that it was all a scam it shifted slowly to being negative.
I don't think that's true. I think most people were cautiously optimistic with a wait and see attitude due to Brad's history. I think it was more "we hope he's learned, but show us something and we'll consider it".

I think things spiralled down when he announced they had been working at this game for months, and then proceeded to show... nothing. Basically it was apparent Brad was hoping for an open spicket of cash to hire his buddies to 'lead' a game a la Sigil with no intentions of being a grunt, looking at what Chris Roberts has done.

The amazing thing is he got 160k for selling a complete vaporware EQ clone product without any real work put behind it. I imagine if he had grinded out a year and had something to actually sell that wasn't akin to selling ice to eskimos, he probably would've been set. Too bad.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I think things spiralled down when he announced they had been working at this game for months, and then proceeded to show... nothing.
This right here. I was stunned because he assured everyone he had been working for MONTHS "pro bono" so everyone expectedsomething. Christ he didn't even have a design doc for fucks sake. But instead of owning up to it here came the lies. Lie after lie after lie to cover up other lies. He then turtled for a week while everyone is like, "WTF?" and then started shitting out absolute garbage updates telling us what a fucking cleric does. That was when I pulled my pledge. The entire thing is unreal.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine if you could get current developer pay for just sitting around talking about the MMO you want :p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It just bothers me that they didn't see this coming? It also concerns me that these guys were touted savants of the MMO gaming industry and this is what you get...?

I in no means indent to be harsh but I personally believe this could have been handled a hundred of different ways that should not be foreign to them. This is simply a mess and if I was an investor, employer or even an intern looking for a job, I would question their credibility at this point. It's a shame... sincerely, you wish something much better for these people for that they did at one time. That may be the issues too, maybe we give too much credit to them for what happened when actually they had very little to do with it, at least directly.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just asked the guys in the chat, If Brad refunded your money and asked everyone to re-pledge tomorrow, who would?

8 of those that responded said yes absolutely I would donate again. 2 said no, me and Ktam

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I just asked the guys in the chat, If Brad refunded your money and asked everyone to re-pledge tomorrow, who would?

8 of those that responded said yes absolutely I would donate again. 2 said no, me and Ktam
Confucius say "A fool and his money are soon parted". As tempting as it is to shit on people for making what I see as an ignorant decision, its not really fair. They believe in Brad, and no amount of justified skepticism is going to change that. I think most of us were really excited about this, obviously since we are still talking about it, but unfortunately McQuaid is pulling a McQuaid. Ah well, I just hope involvement in this sham doesn't negatively effect any of the guys that were working on this that also got fleeced (if any of them were truly ignorant of how this was going down).

kudos

<Banned>
So what's stopping someone here from being an "angel investor" so we can actually see what he has to show?

kudos

<Banned>
You have to be accredited for Brad to even talk to you. He is a very picky man.
There has to be someone on here who meets the criteria or can meet it with a little effort.

Nobody is going to give money without some form of proof showing that he has what he says he has. Unless you're Convo I guess.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how what happened isn't fair. These people were given plenty of good advice and ignored it. You can lead a horse and all that shit. Brad didn't do this for any other reason but to keep from earning an honest wage for about another year. His stock in this industry is now shit but he's got another year to sit on his ass trying to find a way to bilk more morons. At no point did Brad show real effort. He showed about a couple days worth of work over the past 9-10 months of this hustle. We aren't happy it happened but no one here got direct funds into their paypal acct for an obvious con.