Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Convo,

If Brad paid them all 10k then he kept about 50 based off his numbers. I doubt they all got 10k and maybe the numbers were false plants to make the project look better. The underlying theme is the 'game' has been built on lies from the beginning. I'm sure he feels that he deserves the lion's share of any money because it's his baby...even though he honestly never put any real work into it himself.
From what I know, one of them lives in a modest house and wasn't even able to pay his mortgage and bills for a month with what he was paid. SO I doubt they got 10k.

You're right about the lies. I posted about it on PJP. If people here knew how little they had prior to the KS going up, they would of certainly told them to go back behind closed doors and not come out until they had more.. Based on the info that was put out, there was a perception they were farther along.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When the dev-team is breaking apart on bad terms then you know its 100% over... is any of the devs still on Brads side? Or have they more ore less vanished and are doing their own thing (getting work etc..) again?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the dev-team is breaking apart on bad terms then you know its 100% over... is any of the devs still on Brads side? Or have they more ore less vanished and are doing their own thing (getting work etc..) again?
Personally, I havent seen any of them come out in his defense in anyway. I think a lot of them are still trying to figure out WTF is going on. Probably waiting to talk to him as well.

I think that's what a lot of the believers are missing. An angel investors would be smart enough to do their due diligence with this project and come across all this chaos. That's Brad's biggest failure and I'm not sure he realizes it. I noticed he updated his Linkedin looking for investors as well..

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone remember when Brad stated that this Project pretty well was his last chance and if it didn't make his name and reputation would be shot? I think he even mentioned that he would need to work at McDonald's if this didn't fly.

Cue "This is gonna rock" while wearing a McDonald's uniform meme.

Anyone remember when Brad stated that this Project pretty well was his last chance and if it didn't make his name and reputation would be shot? I think he even mentioned that he would need to be work at McDonald's if this didn't fly.

I do remember that, and I do think his prediction will come true.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
yeap
rrr_img_64839.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well this sucks, then again it wasnt anything surprising giving his history. Hope thats the last we see of this tool.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Fuck you, I want nothing to do with this bullshit ponzi scheme. It was obvious from the get-go that Brad hasn't changed one bit. Even the excuses are the same.

Vanguard: No one saw Brad for months because he was supposedly out wheeling and dealing to secure funding.

Pantheon: No one saw Brad do any work, because he's supposedly out wheeling and dealing to secure funding.

It's fucking amazing to me that Brad can say with a straight face that the Kickstarter was to fund design documents, terms for investing, and maybe a shitty demo. That was never obvious, at all. Nor was it ever said that the Kickstarter would be used for back wages for work already done. That's not how start-ups and Kickstarters fucking work.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I know, one of them lives in a modest house and wasn't even able to pay his mortgage and bills for a month with what he was paid. SO I doubt they got 10k.

You're right about the lies. I posted about it on PJP. If people here knew how little they had prior to the KS going up, they would of certainly told them to go back behind closed doors and not come out until they had more.. Based on the info that was put out, there was a perception they were farther along.
This stuff about the money is shady at best and only because he chooses to not be forthcoming. He took people money and said a majority of it was to 'backpay' people for their work. Well some of the devs are openly stating they didn't get a whole lot so what happened with the rest of it? Either there is money out there that was pocketed by him or the 160k figure is bogus and no one really knows how much money was collected (except Brad). In fact I lean toward this since he seemed dumbfounded by that number when asked (as if he never bothered to look on his own homepage).

What even more surprising is some the batshit insane fans who gave money (some of which I'm sure were hundreds of dollars) are not questioning this as well. Maybe he thinks that these people will believe anything he says so he doesn't have to divulge anything. Problem with that is that little handful of people isn't going to fund his game.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Once the project moved off KS I don't think it was about funding a game anymore. It was about getting as much as possible before pulling the plug. The kick starter was about a game. The website was about paying bills.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Once the project moved off KS I don't think it was about funding a game anymore. It was about getting as much as possible before pulling the plug. The kick starter was about a game. The website was about paying bills.
If this is true (and it looks like it), then the last shreds of credibility Brad had are gone forever. Even after the failed KS, if he had made the right descisions, the project would have been possible. Now? No.

Maybe he will crawl back to SOE and Smed will pity him and give him a job as an apprentice dev at their new zombie apocalypse mmo. That would be fitting in a creepy way
wink.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
While the KS may have been a bit more genuine in its goal, I think the result would have been even worse, had it funded.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
While the KS may have been a bit more genuine in its goal, I think the result would have been even worse, had it funded.
Oh I agree. People would be asking where the fuck $800k went instead of only $160k. I do think he wanted to make a game. He just wanted to do it riding on other peoples work while he got the lion's share of the money/credit. It was pretty much a given that he was going to fuck up the finances.