Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

roger_sl

shitlord
there is plenty of other cool mmo's outside the north american market.

But one thing boggles me, it would be fucking silly for brad for tarnishing even more his reputation for less than little 200k, this guy is really cursed with bad luck.

Sumi_sl

shitlord

But one thing boggles me, it would be fucking silly for brad for tarnishing even more his reputation for less than little 200k, this guy is really cursed with bad luck.
What reputation?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
?
Convo;655071 said:
A few are contacting the fraud department of their CC companies to get it back. Seems to be working.[/QUOTE]

Calling all apprentice devleopers !!!!! Call your credit card company to get out of the scam you got involved in. See red text.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Really bad things were going to happen no matter what the financial situation. Allowing an anonymous community of hundreds of people to become "apprentice developers" is pretty much the worst idea I can think of when it comes to designing a product. You cannot please everyone, sirs. It's nice to have focus groups before you begin laying down the foundation but after that forget it. You want Johnny shithead emailing you every week about his hatred of AoE tanking, and threatening to pull out his $50 if you don't respond?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The site is terrible looking and operates poorly. It's pretty funny that any money goes to keeping it up. Building into the KS launch Brad did talk of leveraging SOE tech and spending wisely because AAA budget MMOs are killing creativity. Pantheon needed an 4A budget if he's blowing nearly $200,000 in less than two monthsafterall the work had been done.

It's been said time and time again, but it's eerily similar to the VG saga on a smaller scale and this time using fan money. He won't have another chance to screw over a third team.

And Elidroth, I get that he is/was your friend but any good intentions died fast and in a hurry and you'd have to be delusional to not see this for what it is. The simplest way to clear his name would to throw out a checklist of where the money went. If the money had been spent legitimately, he would already be putting out the fire that he's engulfed in.

Let's see what bills were paid off and how they related to Pantheon.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Luck has nothing to do with this. He completely fucked this thing up on his own.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The site is terrible looking and operates poorly. It's pretty funny that any money goes to keeping it up. Building into the KS launch Brad did talk of leveraging SOE tech and spending wisely because AAA budget MMOs are killing creativity. Pantheon needed an 4A budget if he's blowing nearly $200,000 in less than two monthsafterall the work had been done.

It's been said time and time again, but it's eerily similar to the VG saga on a smaller scale and this time using fan money. He won't have another chance to screw over a third team.

And Elidroth, I get that he is/was your friend but any good intentions died fast and in a hurry and you'd have to be delusional to not see this for what it is. The simplest way to clear his name would to throw out a checklist of where the money went. If the money had been spent legitimately, he would already be putting out the fire that he's engulfed in.

Let's see what bills were paid off and how they related to Pantheon.
Exactly, some kind of report telling ok Apprentice Developers, he is what you have been paying for...but these are donations the developers do not own anything... this is why i hate KS and things like it, seems too easy to do nothing and get paid to do nothing.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Brad on the demo:

"It's quite real. It consists of one zone, largely outdoors, and then the entrance to and a big part of a dungeon. It is populated with mobs that you can engage using a prototype of our Combat system. It also has a large dragon who you cannot engage, but he looks pretty sweet. I am going to make a FRAPs video next week of me walking around in the zone and release it. -Brad"

You don't have to be subbed to see insider posts. It's easy to go around it because again, the site is really bad.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
THis and schillings disaster. I mean fuck, it is so clear that it is nearly impossible to have a startup enter the MMO space these days, funding is still controlled by too few in the games industry or there would be more diversity imo.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
THis and schillings disaster. I mean fuck, it is so clear that it is nearly impossible to have a startup enter the MMO space these days, funding is still controlled by too few in the games industry or there would be more diversity imo.
Polar opposites. Schilling trusted game insiders and corporate goons and thus his company ended up a train wreck. Mcquaid was one of those game insiders preying on the same trust, he just couldn't find an angel like Schilling to bilk out of millions so he had to settle for 100G from low income gamers.

Companies are more than just their product. They need competent leadership. Garriott and Jacobs are game developers and businessman. Hartsman is both, and better. Schilling and Mcquaid really are neither and it shows. Schilling, however, is a good guy who trusted the wrong people. Mcquaid IS one of the wrong people.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really dont understand how this went so far. dont you usually have to give some kind of proof of concept before you ask potential "investors" for money? did brad just say, hey guys this is brad, you know the The Vision Brad? i wanna make a new game that is like that old game you liked so much. gimme money? trust me, im The Vision!

kudos

<Banned>
did brad just say, hey guys this is brad, you know the The Vision Brad? i wanna make a new game that is like that old game you liked so much. gimme money? trust me, im The Vision!
Why do you think any time Brad puts his name on ANYTHING it's followed by "Creator of Everquest"?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
did brad just say, hey guys this is brad, you know the The Vision Brad? i wanna make a new game that is like that old game you liked so much. gimme money? trust me, im The Vision!
That is almost literally what happened.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats just insane, didnt these people remember how fucked and unfinished original EQ was? did they forget that he already made his own game and it was a failure of "too much brown"? did they also forget how he banned Conquest because they made a workaround to finish his shitty sleeper's tomb event? my old guild Da'kor had to deal with their shit too the first time we got into Sleeper's. i forget now because i didnt have my ST key before the first changes, but i think they mentioned that brad or one of the devs was there watching them, then the next day they nerfed clerics and fucked ST til conquest figured it out.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
There wouldn't be so much drama over this turd falling apart if Brad would just show how the money was spent. It isn't like he has to account for millions of dollars and hundreds of employees. It would be very easy to show how it was distributed, but I think we all know why he won't do that. He kept most of it for himself and gave his team a insulting parting gift while they all go look for a real job. Starting to think that maybe people should stop calling their credit card companies, and start thinking about calling a lawyer. Give a lawyer a run down of what happened here and see what he thinks. If Brad can be raked over the coals even just a little then he should be imo.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
i really dont understand how this went so far. dont you usually have to give some kind of proof of concept before you ask potential "investors" for money? did brad just say, hey guys this is brad, you know the The Vision Brad? i wanna make a new game that is like that old game you liked so much. gimme money? trust me, im The Vision!
well it was obvious when the KS failed because it was so poorly done... that and the obvious last minute, rush to get content into the KS... it was obvious the whole thing ( the campaign and the content ) were not worked on very much at all. In the end the idea was an easy sell to me because I have not played an MMO longer than a month since Vanguard... of which i played on and off for years. Since RIFT was 2 months ish and DDO . LOL

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'd say it's about the same as "cool" in North America.

Nah. The Brits and to a lesser extent Aussies use it far more frequently than anyone in NA does.
A definition of it is "very impressive." Same as cool or awesome. So yeah, the same. They use it more but it doesn't mean it means something else.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Polar opposites. Schilling trusted game insiders and corporate goons and thus his company ended up a train wreck. Mcquaid was one of those game insiders preying on the same trust, he just couldn't find an angel like Schilling to bilk out of millions so he had to settle for 100G from low income gamers.

Companies are more than just their product. They need competent leadership. Garriott and Jacobs are game developers and businessman. Hartsman is both, and better. Schilling and Mcquaid really are neither and it shows. Schilling, however, is a good guy who trusted the wrong people. Mcquaid IS one of the wrong people.
Schilling also made the mistake of trusting the state government of Rhode Island. When the new governor got elected, the financial deal 38 Studios had with the state of RI was doomed.