Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dumar_sl

shitlord
no, what you want is dumar from 1999 to experience a 3d mmorpg for the first time again
No, I don't: I've fucking said it however many millions of times that it isn't nostalgia. I'll even fucking settle for a non-corrupt emulator like EQ Classic, but we can't even have that.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
No, it isn't. I loved P99 when it wasn't a shithole; it was a fucking better experience than modern WoW is.

For the last time, it's not nostalgia. I want a fucking mmorpg to play.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
No, it isn't. I loved P99 when it wasn't a shithole; it was a fucking better experience than modern WoW is.

For the last time, it's not nostalgia. I want a fucking mmorpg to play.
Don't worry Tigole is still working on the saviour that is Titan.

Correction - He took the money and ran back in Wrath. Can't really blame him. He saw the way this genre was going years ago and totally fucked off.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
P99 is still one of the best mmorpgs around for dungeon crawling, item progression, and playing the economy. That stuff has nothing to do with nostalgia, and the people saying otherwise are straight up wrong.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Repost, but this pic makes me laugh.

rrr_img_66491.jpg

Devnull_sl

shitlord
P99 is still one of the best mmorpgs around for dungeon crawling, item progression, and playing the economy. That stuff has nothing to do with nostalgia, and the people saying otherwise are straight up wrong.
I never played OG 1999 era EQ and have no nostalgia for it at all. WoW was my first MMO. But I consider P99 one of the most enjoyable MMOs that I've played.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I really, really love everquests dungeon design and wish more games existed that had something similar. Was vanguard the last game with the real expansive open world dungeons? I think WoW does a shitload of stuff better than EQ, but the instances in wow are by are large pretty sad, and as someone who loves oldschool style dungeon crawls, I don't feel the genre has anything to offer me in that niche. I just want giant sprawling dungeons full of asshole-traps and the potential to get lost.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I really, really love everquests dungeon design and wish more games existed that had something similar. Was vanguard the last game with the real expansive open world dungeons? I think WoW does a shitload of stuff better than EQ, but the instances in wow are by are large pretty sad, and as someone who loves oldschool style dungeon crawls, I don't feel the genre has anything to offer me in that niche. I just want giant sprawling dungeons full of asshole-traps and the potential to get lost.
same. throw in some ultra rare loot and eye bleeding, skull fucking death penalties and i'll pay a monthly sub no problem.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
EQ I felt did a good job in that old content was still fun to revisit atleast until PoP hit.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
I miss games like EQ where gear was something that stayed with you and still had merit when a new expansion came out.. And also that one look at someone and you knew exactly what they are wearing... Monk with a chainmail shirt on? Oh that's a fungi tunic. Bards in that awesome Lambic Armor set. Etc

Gosh it might be nostalgia, but I miss my days in Sebillis and Guk. I will never forget my first time in L Guk swimming through those tight tunnels wondering what lay around the next corner.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Yeah boy, it's that fucking nostalgia distorting our views of how shitty EverQuest was, yup. That's right. It was just so terrible compared to the fantastic games this amazing industry puts out today. Why I just don't know where we'd be without such classics like WoW.

rrr_img_66497.jpg

rrr_img_66498.jpg

Those rose-colored glasses the retard brigade accuses me of wearing? Take them, lube them up, then they and the retarded 'frozen moses' can collectively shove them up each others' retarded asses.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I miss games like EQ where gear was something that stayed with you and still had merit when a new expansion came out..
Heh my monk is level 75 and still wears his Flayed Barb leggings, I will never take them off just out of principle!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Kind of amazing how hard it is to convince people EQ was fun on a forum created by EQ players.
Yeah no shit. There's a reason Brad ended up posting here of all places and it's because this is one of the very few places people still even mention EQ. The funny thing is I don't think the majority of people here would last long enough in a game like EQ to EVER see the good parts. Fuck I barley made it back in the day.

Medding with spellbook open for long periods of time.... super fun!
Being totally fucking lost half the time... really fun!
Missing a fire beetle 30x in a row and then slowly dieing to him at level 3... oh yeah loving it!
Dieing during a hell level and not being able to get a res... nothing feels better than losing a few hours of effort!
Camping the same fucking mob for hours only to gain one or two levels and have absolutely no chance at a decent drop when solo.... oh yeah tons of fun that's why 90% of the players read a fucking book while soloing!
Sitting around on a class that can't solo trying to find a group, or wanting to play at 2AM when nobody is on and not being able to do anything productive because you need a group... yeah that's a whole fuck ton of fun right there!

It sounds great on paper, and yes even with the negatives I listed above and all the others I can think of I still have fond memories of EQ, but they are just that.... memories!!! We have people here bitching about the Wildstar tutorial which while tedious, and stupid is nothing compared to the time sink that is EQ.