Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

bayr_sl

shitlord
I'm surprised people still care this much about Reading Rainbow, I mean it's neat and all but doesn't the novelty of a black person who can read eventually wear off

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So merging multiple documents into one "UBER" document is newsworthy now?
smile.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm surprised people still care this much about Reading Rainbow, I mean it's neat and all but doesn't the novelty of a black person who can read eventually wear off
Not for the 1 in 4 black kids that grows up illiterate... at least I think that's the stat I remember reading on their Kickstarter.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Much like proper enunciation when speaking English, knowing how to read is "acting White", and is largely frowned upon in the African American community.

edit: least I be labeled racist, here, a meaningless scholarly citation.

Weighing the "Burden of 'Acting White'": Are There Race Differences in Attitudes toward Education?
Philip J. Cook and Jens Ludwig
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
Vol. 16, No. 2 (Spring, 1997), pp. 256-278
(article consists of 23 pages)
Published by: Wiley on behalf of Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
DOI: 10.2307/3325737
Stable URL:JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Abstract:

Recent reports by ethnographic researchers and media sources suggest that many African American students view academic success as a form of "acting white," and that peer pressure reduces their level of effort and performance.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading rainbow is at 2 million already. Be interesting to see if it sets the kickstarter record.

Villide

Trakanon Raider
So merging multiple documents into one "UBER" document is newsworthy now?
smile.png
Makes me think of the stories of city workers who would dig holes and then fill them back up immediately.

I figure in a month or two there will be a Brad update as follows:

Update: 7/20/14:
Breaking HLDD (High Level Design Doc) into smaller, more manageable documents.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
More I consider it, more I believe EQ1 was just a very lucky shot, a combination of accidents that lead to the MMO we greatly enjoyed. I don't think the devs or anyone at SoE actually understood what made the game great.

Take EQ1, instance all group & raid content -> way less drama, less interaction, and no self-regulating community, people will be less attached to their characters & guilds, and less involved in the game.

Yet this is exactly what they have done over the years. Everyone in their own little sandbox, ensuring everyone is happy and equally unhappy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've gotten a few answers on Brad and EQ1. The most recent was basically "we did the opposite of what he told us to do." Prior to that, I had a a few more positive ones. One saying it was very much Brad's baby and he deserves the credit not Smed. so I don't know. I'm leaning to a mix of both with a lot of luck. Either way, he's lost any competence he ever had as a leader. It's also obvious he does so little that people have to step up to get things done because of his lack of direction.