Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
That reminds me I am looking for a team for groupquest the groupiest questiest MMO ever. Ideally a team of around 10.. I am looking for 7-8 idea guys or "developers" and at least 1 Asian workhorse who can do all the actual work. As long as everyone is cool with me taking a sizable chunk of the KS money to backpay myself for all the brilliance I have provided the team then you are the perfect candidate.
your_ideas_225_button.jpg

Beck_sl

shitlord
So my charge back was successful. Brad tried to argue it and to quote the CC company - "The information the other party sent us really didn't substantiate deciding in his favor and the information you provided was exemplary." Brad's argument was the Kickstarter FAQ point about "Does an MMO take 800K to make?" Nothing about risks, or all sales final etc. It was pretty weak. I wonder how many others have done charge backs... He could be more strapped for cash than we think.

Beck_sl

shitlord
Interesting. I see he can make time to dispute charge backs but not work on his game.
Convo: I did then he disputed it so this is the aftermath of his dispute of my charge back.

This is what he sent verbatim as proof that I should not get a refund. Note there is no link provided to where you can find this FAQ statement and also he is using Kickstarter as his prime source of context. I sent in among other things Kickstarters FAQ with screens and links where to find them that show Kickstarters are ALL OR NOTHING and that no one should be charged if the project fails. I also added the screen of the failed notice of the KS. I countered a few other potential arguments he might invent as well.
Subject: crowdfunding - NO refunds!
This money this person is trying to get back is from a crowdfunding project for a start-up company to get us to the point where we could attract larger investors. They should NOT get their money back -- they knew the risk when they donated the money. The project has slowed down and we are still looking for accredited investors at this point, but in no way should donations via crowdfunding be refunded. -Brad McQuaid, CEO Visionary Realms --

From our FAQ: Doesn't it take more than $800K to make an MMO?

Yes it does. Our intent for this Kickstarter is first to prove that there's enough of a demand for a group focused game that believes in the experience of the game instead of handholding, and to get the ball rolling on development. If we can get to the goal we will have proved that and will have enough to get this game started and be able to get our studio set up and operational. If we only get to the goal and little more, then we will visit other funding opportunities but first and foremost we wanted to make it possible to be completely crowdfunded so that you, the players, have more to do with what foes into the game than other powers would should we need to turn to those options later.

Schneider

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'd like to raise a serious question to the pantheon gate folks lurking...where is Brad? What do you guys think he's doing with all these random absences?! He's not physically working on the game. He has his suck up crew doing that. So what is he doing that keeps him away from the community for weeks on end? Do you really think he's in business meetings all day(lol?). The site is a ghost town and the only person who can up the activity refuses to commit. Meanwhile.. You have much bigger and successful projects in the works where the community is constantly engaged by their team and head guy. What a fucking joke. Brad can't find 5mins in his day to post on the forums? It's been brought to his attention multiple times. The guy just doesn't have any passion for this project anymore. It's just a means to monetary gain to him.
My guess is that Brad is having high level design discussions in Brigadoon with Donny Most as that would explain the decade long absence after VG and the past week or so.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Brad is by his own admission distancing himself from the project. He said he was fishing for a CEO and that he just wanted to be in the vapid position of chief creative officer.

Those on the project like the Cult Family and others see it as an opportunity to take the reins to a certain degree, though I will laugh if the person selected to be the CEO comes out and removes every last one of them from the project and does their own thing otherwise. I doubt that though as I think Brad will find some schmuck who is just as blind as the rest but with more money that they'll put into the project: essentially some one crazier than the rest of the crazies.

All in all its just one large do nothing machine.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brad is by his own admission distancing himself from the project. He said he was fishing for a CEO and that he just wanted to be in the vapid position of chief creative officer.

Those on the project like the Cult Family and others see it as an opportunity to take the reins to a certain degree, though I will laugh if the person selected to be the CEO comes out and removes every last one of them from the project and does their own thing otherwise. I doubt that though as I think Brad will find some schmuck who is just as blind as the rest but with more money that they'll put into the project: essentially some one crazier than the rest of the crazies.

All in all its just one large do nothing machine.
Sparkling or one of her family members would be perfect!

iannis

Musty Nester
At this point isn't the Cult Family the entirety of the project?

It sounds like the "mods" are too busy canabilizing each other to be involved in any important way. The Christian Mother with The Stripper Name sounds like the only actual asset the "project" even HAS.

You can shit on her all you want for all the obvious reasons... but her resume isn't much really leaner than Brads.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Sparkling or one of her family members would be perfect!
Not really if this complaint post last November on Facebook about Landmark by her is any indication:
https://www.facebook.com/EverQuestLi...3?stream_ref=5

Laurene Wells:

"Was interested, but this kind of expensive. Some of us are suffering under massive inflation and recession repercussions. And some of us don't want to play alone, we want to play with our family. To buy 6 entry packs, or even 2, is cost prohibitive."

So even then a mere 200 bucks or so was considered by her to be "cost prohibitive". In direct contradiction though, she evidently "bought" into Brad's mess months later.