Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yes! Sell your children's home to fund your incredibly risky start-up venture! It's fucking brilliant!
No one twisted his arm to try this startup, that's on him. If selling one's home isn't an option and you can't seem to manage to come up with a prototype before going to KS with your hat in hand, then maybe...just maybe...he shouldn't have started this trainwreck in the first place.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yes! Sell your children's home to fund your incredibly risky start-up venture! It's fucking brilliant!
While there is a point there...it may seem impossible to sell your mansion and move into a smaller home, but it has been done. Would I have started a new venture with my own funds? Only if I was serious and had researched extensively. We know neither is true and so he went with whatever option helped pay the bills.

I only blame him for trying to scam money out of the truly stupid. Have at it Brad. They don't really deserve their money at this point do they? I don't think so.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Maybe not fund entire project maybe, but I certainly think that he should pay his outstanding personal bills with his own funds. To take money OUT of his start up and claim bills are piling up as the excuse is where the real problem lies. I can't wait to hear your incredible business prowess explain that logic.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No one twisted his arm to try this startup, that's on him. If selling one's home isn't an option and you can't seem to manage to come up with a prototype before going to KS with your hat in hand, then maybe...just maybe...he shouldn't have started this trainwreck in the first place.
Leveraging your personal assets for a high risk startup venture is one of the most unwise moves you can make in entrepreneurship. This isn't a movie, it's real life.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Leveraging your personal assets for a high risk startup venture is one of the most unwise moves you can make in entrepreneurship. This isn't a movie, it's real life.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Maybe not fund entire project maybe, but I certainly think that he should pay his outstanding personal bills with his own funds. To take money OUT of his start up and claim bills are piling up as the excuse is where the real problem lies. I can't wait to hear your incredible business prowess explain that logic.
More and more assumptions keep piling up. It's entirely possible that he owes more against his house than he could get out of it. Google the term 'mortgage' to be enlightened.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Did you not read what I posted? I never said he should have, but that is simply one option amongst many. If none of those options were palatable to him then maybe he shouldn't have tried doing this in the halfass way that he did.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Did you not read what I posted? I never said he should have, but that is simply one option amongst many. If none of those options were palatable to him then maybe he shouldn't have tried doing this in the halfass way that he did.
The guy has no technical skills... He needed crowd sourced money to pay the people who did have them to produce this prototype. Selling his home to obtain the funds for said prototype would have been incredibly stupid. I'm not sure what you aren't putting together here...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So is Quaid conceding that Brad was intentionally running a scam from the very beginning then?
Scam? No. Totally ill conceived business plan? Absolutely.

The guy is a pants-on-head retard. The kickstarter was a joke, and his handling of his team & finances were even worse. He deserves a lot of criticism... But a lot of what is getting said here is just bullshit.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The biggest con McQuaid ever pulled was making you think he's just an unlucky retarded business man.
If it were a scam he wouldn't have gone through kickstarter in the first place. I believe he started out with good intentions, either through inspiration or desperation.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
His house is probably paid off. But his vacation home!? Not sure..
Tis my point of bringing it up. If your house is worth $1.2m (the counties tax assessment) then you could afford to not take 45k. His house was bought in 2007, so assuming he either paid cash or doesn't owe that much on it anymore. Seems like a raw deal for the other guys.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Cedar, SOMEONE is going to pay taxes on the KS. Given money? as in 'Gift" were they not "employees" or "contractors" look playing around with a few thousand dollars here and there...IRS isnt going to give a shit, but when you start talking about 400k...well then you have bigger issues to worry about. I don't think any of these guys were that stupid. Did anyone ask if they received a check?
Just a point of clarification: No one is going to pay taxes on Pantheon's KS(except for nominal listing fees which could be business expenditure written off I assume). It failed to fund so all pledges reverted back to the pledger as per KS's system. Donations were essentially paypal/private after the KS failed and still on going via McQuaid's website.

As for the "given" point, they weren't "cut checks" from a incorporated business account's payroll service if that's what you're thinking, if I remember correctly from what they've said.

Tis my point of bringing it up. If your house is worth $1.2m (the counties tax assessment) then you could afford to not take 45k. His house was bought in 2007, so assuming he either paid cash or doesn't owe that much on it anymore. Seems like a raw deal for the other guys.
Let's not forget his multiple sports cars of which he once stated if I remember correctly that he was going to sell to help fund this or that motor cycle he posted and bragged about with pics smack dab in the middle of the controversy's start, either.

Quaid

Trump's Staff