Paragon, Epic Games(Unreal) MOBA, PC/PS4

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I am super hype for this game.

Between this, Overwatch, and FOR HONOR, I'm gonna be overloaded with stuff to play in 2016.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
MOBA's are driven by an different subset of skills. Even 3rd person games like smite good FPS players can sometimes struggle because so much depends on proper character equipment build, use of skills with relatively long cool downs, being aware of cool downs on 9 other players at any given time etc. Also have very defined meta's where certain people have certain roles and map control is so important. Just alot more over arching strategy and abit less twitch reflexes.

That said, Paragon definitely has all main compotnents of a traditional MOBA, it definitely plays that way. It is alot less responsive at this point in time then Smite for instance; less chance to pull some awesome jukes etc so we will see how that turns out as they make it through alpha. People complained during our last alpha and they buffed speed by 10 or so % but i rather see an increase abit more, its just so hard to do anything but try to go toe to toe if you get into a fight. One kind of cool and different thing compared to most moba's in Para is you can go into like a super sprint that is unlimited and be started to cast any time any where, takes like 5 seconds to charge up and then you got mad speed. If you get damaged by a player it stops it I believe.

Makes for some good change up, so for instance you rotate to try and help your lane that is getting ganked and they just finish wiping them, you have close out speed until you do an action so you can close the ground on them and force a fight. Promoates alot of rotation and making sure you want to engage on someone.

They need some more card diviresty and upgrades but still a pretty cool system. As is for an alpha i am impressed out side of the mobility wh ile fighting. Going back to smite and playing ranked 1v1 joust you can do so much more and player skill stands out alot more.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I have 3 alpha invites for this weekend, send me a PM if interested (and for the love of god if i give you one give me +1 so i can not be sitting at -1 for another year!).

Alpha weekend starts sat morning, they added a whole new group of cards to expand builds so looking forward to it. I've played the last 2 alpha weekends and its got potential but still raw in some areas.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I have 1 Alpha ticket for this weekend still if anyone wants shoot me a PM please.

Looks like you can group this weekend as well, im xTurbo in game if anyone wants to play a few matches you can add me (bottom right of main screen). I have curse as well.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have 1 Alpha ticket for this weekend still if anyone wants shoot me a PM please.

Looks like you can group this weekend as well, im xTurbo in game if anyone wants to play a few matches you can add me (bottom right of main screen). I have curse as well.
I already did yesterday! Where is my free shit!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
This game looks sweet. If anyone else gets an alpha ticket I'd be interested in playing
smile.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Large round of alpha test all week for those that have access. I took the last round or two off but jumping in they are starting to really flesh this out with the addition of way more card diversity and cost variance combined with innate passives for each character. Also a master system it appears that rewards you with card packs etc (looks like a way to also get some of the rare ones). Just jumping in to fuck around but i'll probably be playing nights if anyone has access and wants to join up vs the random idiots
smile.png

xTurbo is the ingame name.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
All Heroes Free, Early Access Starts March 18 : paragon

Founder's Packs will cost $19.99, and include access to the game, skins, boosts, and other cosmetic items you can unlock by playing. Challenger Packs ($59.99) and Master Packs ($99.99) will include a huge number of skins, unlockable items, boosts, a unique skin, and a Founder's Pack to give to a friend. We'll be sharing complete details soon.
I'll probably throw 20 bucks at this game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
50/50; if so i'll probably get a masters pack and have a founders pack for someone (required to queue against me and let me kill you over and over to make my stats look leet !?!@?!?!?)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I do like aspects of it alot but Smite feels alot more fluid with better control over your gods. Just seems like in this when you get into a slug fest you have pretty limited options. Definitely a solid game though.

I play Gidioen (sp) almost all the time, i love the portal into a meteor into black hole combo, can shred.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
been watching this on and off today at work, looks fun

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Played a couple hours this morning just versus AI checking out the heroes. Game is super fun. Steel and Sparrow are my favorites so far.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Gideon is my favorite, going to play it over the weekend some more and decide if I want to view it as a replacement for smite or just a casual fun.

I got the masters pack so I have a free founders pack to give away. First person to either

A) successfully name the hands down best Final Fantasy game in history (FFT excluded; my opinion= FACT!)
B) Correctly point out the relevance of the name "Maldan" to the early Everquest days (doubt anyone gets this, very specific and niche; hint: tunnels)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I mean, I already have one so I don't need the code but 14 is, hands down, the best Final Fantasy. I've put hundreds of more hours in to that then all the others combined.

Steel is my favorite so far. If you build him fighter he is so legit. Gideon can get a crazy amount of kills with his rock fall though. I bet that ability gets toned down a little. It seems mroe powerful then the other aoe's.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can someone give me a run down of how this game plays differently than Smite, Paladins, Overwatch? From what I've played, this one seems a lot slower paced, and more full tri-lane, creep killing DOTA style than a brawler like HOTS.