Parent Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wife.

Settled into nice groove. Wife producing milk, baby latching and eating like a champ. Diaper changes are ez because nothing smells. Wife does feedings regularly, but I do one via bottle (with pumped milk). Baby is super patient with us, but getting hungrier every day. I can see him slowly changing from a newborn to a baby and now he's actually starting to look like me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
now he's actually starting to look like me.
That poor baby!

My younger niece honest to god looked like an alien for the first year or more of her life. She's absolute cute as hell now, but she really looked extra terrestrial.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Natsumi started Preschool today. It's her first day and she's really looking forward to going. Granted, she's only at school for 3 hours twice a week, but it's a big step for her. I can't wait to see how her speech improves. She already has a lot of new reasoning skills that didn't exist 6 months ago, so it's a great time watching her develop as a person.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Things are going well now, Jimjim is eating well, doesn't bitch unless he has good reason to etc etc. Now that I'm a parent I have some reference to analyze some of the things I always hear. The kind of statement I've been thinking about is when parents are having trouble and complain about their kids and follow it up with this, "But they're 100% worth it". I always wondered who they were trying to convince with that statement. I feel like there are a lot of parents with a psychological block preventing them from admitting their kids are a mistake and they wish they didn't have them.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I always wondered who they were trying to convince with that statement. I feel like there are a lot of parents with a psychological block preventing them from admitting their kids are a mistake and they wish they didn't have them.
Judgey Judger McJudgerson. It's easy right now. Just wait. You'll have plenty of time to complain about your kid.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It seems like that psychological block would be a necessary part of evolution. If you murdered your offspring every time they deserved it, would we exist?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's my thinking too agraza, I just wonder what the mentality of parents are. Draegan, don't dodge the question with some just wait cover!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Just wait until you're watching movie with you're wife and your kid wakes up at 10pm yelling out for daddy after you just spent 2 hours bathing and attempting to put your kid to sleep. Then he wakes up again right in the middle of a game at midnight because he is teething. And this happens 5 out of 7 days a week.

There are many other situations but you get the idea. You love your kid but holy shit can't you just have one night of peace??

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it all worth it in the end? Or would you go back in time and wrap it up if you could?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and I've been NewParentParanoid about my infant getting sick and now I'm 99% sure I've come down with the cold, haha.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bros, it gets so much better as they get older. Not that there aren't challenges, but the introduction of reason and logic into the conversations makes life better.

And, yes. It is worth it. I would do it again if I knew then what I know now.

And, yes. There are days I want to throttle the little bastards.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is it all worth it in the end? Or would you go back in time and wrap it up if you could?
I know you don't mean to be, but that's a pretty insulting thing to ask. Of course it's fucking worth it. I love my daughter like nothing else in this world.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and I've been NewParentParanoid about my infant getting sick and now I'm 99% sure I've come down with the cold, haha.
My wife has the flu right now, so I have 100% of the responsibilities for taking care of our 3 month old. Good times.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I know you don't mean to be, but that's a pretty insulting thing to ask. Of course it's fucking worth it. I love my daughter like nothing else in this world.
I have three kids, and in any objective sense, its not worth it. We "love" them, yes, in that we would die for them, and we can't picture life without them. But at the same time, could any joy later in life offset the thousands of hours of care that each one needs? Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars they will cost you, in the end?

Subjectively, I think my life is better and more fulfilling with my kids in it. Objectively, its hard to pinpoint and Tuco asks a valid question.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Routine, man, routine. Babies can become decently predictable if you are consistent with the care you give.

Edit: @ishad

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Routine, man, routine. Babies can become decently predictable if you are consistent with the care you give.

Edit: @ishad
We're on a pretty regular eat, play, nap repeat schedule. Just tired as all get out from taking all the night feedings.