Parent Thread

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
frown.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I tried to tell my wife to think positive and if something did happen it was just her body's way of saying something wasn't right. Apparently that was not good advice.
You are not wrong, but it's definitely one of those situations where men need to rationalize it where girls just need comfort and nurturing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bloody hell. My twins need 20 hours each of driving experience and it's a real pain in the ass. Everywhere we go, they drive, and we log it. But it takes us so much longer to get anywhere because they're tentative and careful and all that. I'm glad they are that way, but grrrrr. So much wasted time.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It will all come back around when you get to send them on errands like sending them to the store to buy some ground beef and having them come back with cube steak and then you get to laugh at them for not knowing the difference between ground beef and cube steak the rest of their lives.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I tried to tell my wife to think positive and if something did happen it was just her body's way of saying something wasn't right. Apparently that was not good advice.
Yeah man, just hug her or something and don't say anything. Really sorry this happened to you guys.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh no
frown.png
So sorry to hear that noodle. When we had our miscarriage the less that was said the better for my wife. Just being there for the comfort can be enough.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Were at the hospital now so we still don't know for sure. Could've been a false alarm but the things that happened earlier today lead me to believe it will be bad news.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Taking the kids to the drive-in for the first time tonight.

Wish me luck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Basically they can't tell if she miscarried because she's super early in the pregnancy, around 3 weeks. She has a blood test Monday to know for sure (comparing some number to today) . With what's been going on she's pretty set that she had a miscarriage though. At least it was early I suppose.

She must've found out she was pregnant right away somehow. I don't know why she took the test....

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Basically they can't tell if she miscarried because she's super early in the pregnancy, around 3 weeks. She has a blood test Monday to know for sure (comparing some number to today) . With what's been going on she's pretty set that she had a miscarriage though. At least it was early I suppose.

She must've found out she was pregnant right away somehow. I don't know why she took the test....
Could be that the test was wrong as well.

Hope everything goes for the best man.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Could be that the test was wrong as well.

Hope everything goes for the best man.
That's what I asked the doctor but they confirmed she was indeed pregnant, they were able to see the gestational sac. They couldn't tell if it was growing or in a downturn, that's what the blood test Monday will say.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I lost 3 before our son we have now. The last was the hardest at 24 weeks
frown.png
Hang in there noodle it does get better with time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We've also got another problem with the current one. This week he decided I'm his favorite person in the world, probably because I'm not home much during the week. If we are both home he only wants me to hold, play, or feed him. He actually cries bloody murder if my wife tries.

This was a particularly trying mothers day for that reason, but compounded because of what happened Friday.

Not sure how to rectify this.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
We've also got another problem with the current one. This week he decided I'm his favorite person in the world, probably because I'm not home much during the week. If we are both home he only wants me to hold, play, or feed him. He actually cries bloody murder if my wife tries.

This was a particularly trying mothers day for that reason, but compounded because of what happened Friday.

He is a child and you do not "rectify". My 2 year old latches to his mom like nobody's business and my 4 year old and I have been best buddies. Kids latch on to one parent a ton. My 10 year old did the same thing with her mom. It also swaps around and stuff. Also little dudes read emotions and she may be nervous about everything thats been going on and the little guy can feel it. You cant fake it with them either. Also he is probably fine 5 minutes after you leave.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I've got 3 kids (5yo girl, 3yo boy, 1yo boy), and the middle kid is ALWAYS mine. He wants me for everything unless I literally just got done correcting his behavior. The oldest prefers mom but will flip to wanting dad every once in a while.

It's just a phase and shit happens, and you're roles in it will swap sometime in the future.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Not any kind of insult to your wife, but you're probably nicer to the kid and yell and scream at him less too. Then when he sees you he's like "oooh the nice parent!"